WWE/Professional Wrestling

Bray Wyatt

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't really followed much wrestling in years but was highly confused with the new TNA/Impact wrestling. Did TNA fold and form with other companies or something?

I only noticed when I caught part of one of the shows on tv and reading an article about Smashing Pumpkins singer Billy Corgan buying another promotion after he was screwed over getting TNA/Impact

Edited by apuszczalowski

4 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Haven't really followed much wrestling in years but was highly confused with the new TNA/Impact wrestling. Did TNA fold and form with other companies or something?

I only noticed when I caught part of one of the shows on tv and reading an article about Smashing Pumpkins singer Billy Corgan buying another promotion after he was screwed over getting TNA/Impact

TNA and Impact are the same thing. Here is what I can remember off the top of my head:

Dixie Carter sorta sold a stake in the promotion to Billy Corrigan, then reneged on the deal. Corrigan later bought the rights to NWA, and is currently trying to built that up. Dixie Carter then sold TNA to Anthem Entertainment (with whom they had substantial debt), who rebranded it as Impact Wrestling. Then Anthem hopped into bed with Jeff Jarrett and his Global Force Wrestling promotion, re-rebranding it as GFW Impact. Then they fell out with Jarrett - without securing any rights to the GFW brand - so re-re-rebranded themselves back to Impact.

Now they're apparently having some serious cashflow problems, which is the likely reason why they waived the white flag on the Broken Universe gimmick, rather than to try to fight Hardy's/WWE's deep pockets for the trademarks. I would not be surprised if they sell the TNA video library to McMahon in the near future.

4 hours ago, Koko78 said:

TNA and Impact are the same thing. Here is what I can remember off the top of my head:

Dixie Carter sorta sold a stake in the promotion to Billy Corrigan, then reneged on the deal. Corrigan later bought the rights to NWA, and is currently trying to built that up. Dixie Carter then sold TNA to Anthem Entertainment (with whom they had substantial debt), who rebranded it as Impact Wrestling. Then Anthem hopped into bed with Jeff Jarrett and his Global Force Wrestling promotion, re-rebranding it as GFW Impact. Then they fell out with Jarrett - without securing any rights to the GFW brand - so re-re-rebranded themselves back to Impact.

Now they're apparently having some serious cashflow problems, which is the likely reason why they waived the white flag on the Broken Universe gimmick, rather than to try to fight Hardy's/WWE's deep pockets for the trademarks. I would not be surprised if they sell the TNA video library to McMahon in the near future.

I knew about TNA being Impact because it was the name of their weekly show IIRC

And I had read that there was a deal with Corgan to buy a portion and take TNA over that he was screwed over with apparently which eventually led him to getting NWA

when I saw a few minutes of Impact recently, I thought there was like a merger of 4 different 'brands' that were part of it or something. Really confusing

It seems like ROH might be the only thing close to being any sort of competition/alternative to WWE, which isn't saying much. Noticed ROH has or had a bunch of former WWE guys

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

So how many times do u think it took before braun nailed the grappling hook throw??

Also, who do you think is going to win the Royal Rumble?

I'm sure he was practicing most of the day before they pre-taped the segment.

I thought it was funny how they ruined the effect by having Samoa Joe come out within a few moments of the immediate backstage area being destroyed.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Rumors are afloat that he will face Cena this year at WM

I saw that rumor. I hope it's false. He went out perfectly last year, why ruin it by trying to have him continue to perform?

The only possible reason I could see them doing another match is if his hip surgery went exceedingly well, and he's able to come up with a high level match again. I still don't see a point other than "OMG Undertaker" being the story... which got old years ago. The streak is over, there's nothing left for him to do, other than give him one last championship run (which it seems like he couldn't handle physically).

I think a perfect ending to that segment and I was waiting for it would have been for BA-ROCK Less-NAR to come busting out of the ambulance doors.....that would have been epic!!!!

8 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

I'm sure he was practicing most of the day before they pre-taped the segment.

I thought it was funny how they ruined the effect by having Samoa Joe come out within a few moments of the immediate backstage area being destroyed.

1 hour ago, Koko78 said:

I saw that rumor. I hope it's false. He went out perfectly last year, why ruin it by trying to have him continue to perform?

The only possible reason I could see them doing another match is if his hip surgery went exceedingly well, and he's able to come up with a high level match again. I still don't see a point other than "OMG Undertaker" being the story... which got old years ago. The streak is over, there's nothing left for him to do, other than give him one last championship run (which it seems like he couldn't handle physically).

I agree with this, minus the championship run, we certainly dont need that even if he was healthy.

3 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

I agree with this, minus the championship run, we certainly dont need that even if he was healthy.

I'm not advocating for him to have either the Universal or WWE belts; I don't think his body could handle even a Lesnar-type schedule as champ.

I just don't see any other stories worth telling with the Undertaker. The streak is over, Cena doesn't need to be put over, and last year's ending was the perfect way to go out.

16 hours ago, Koko78 said:

I'm not advocating for him to have either the Universal or WWE belts; I don't think his body could handle even a Lesnar-type schedule as champ.

I just don't see any other stories worth telling with the Undertaker. The streak is over, Cena doesn't need to be put over, and last year's ending was the perfect way to go out.

Oh I agree on the bolded, I think if the match does in fact happen it would be because taker wants to go out with a win, but in pro wrestling the thing is to put someone else over on the way out so that would seem to contradict that.

I hope what they are teasing with Samoa Joe and Cena leads to a feud for mania.

2 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Oh I agree on the bolded, I think if the match does in fact happen it would be because taker wants to go out with a win, but in pro wrestling the thing is to put someone else over on the way out so that would seem to contradict that.

I hope what they are teasing with Samoa Joe and Cena leads to a feud for mania.

Joe and Cena would be a great Wrestlemania matchup. They could potentially steal the show with the right story (as in the match isn't 95% Cena getting beat on just to overcome with his 5 moves of doom).

52 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Joe and Cena would be a great Wrestlemania matchup. They could potentially steal the show with the right story (as in the match isn't 95% Cena getting beat on just to overcome with his 5 moves of doom).

Yep and the promos should be fire too

Raw 25 was a darn entertaining show. They did a great job trying to work everyone in a little bit.

Wish they had done a little more with the women, though. Just lining them up to take a bow seems somewhat anticlimactic after touting the Women's [r]evolution so hard for the past few months.

1 hour ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Did you see Tori Wilson? My god

Also I marked when Stone colds music hit, watching him stun shane and vince always gets me

She looked amazing. Those legs...

I figured the SCSA bit was coming when Vince started going full Mr. McMahon and insulting the crowd. Still marked.

Edited by Koko78

14 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Enzo Amore has been released due to rape allegations 

Really interesting they didn't wait and see what happened with the criminal investigation, like they are with Rich Swann. Must be some teeth to her accusation of a drugged rape.

6 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Really interesting they didn't wait and see what happened with the criminal investigation, like they are with Rich Swann. Must be some teeth to her accusation of a drugged rape.

Fromt the comments after hte article i read about it today, sounds like the girl is a complete nut job. Not that it is any defence for what may or may not have happened, but this may be one that turns out to be completely false based on the girls history/past....

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Originally but he was released this morning

Werent there rumors that he was already on thin ice with the company?

this could have been one of those things that pushed them over the edge whether he is guilty or not

5 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Fromt the comments after hte article i read about it today, sounds like the girl is a complete nut job. Not that it is any defence for what may or may not have happened, but this may be one that turns out to be completely false based on the girls history/past....

Werent there rumors that he was already on thin ice with the company?

this could have been one of those things that pushed them over the edge whether he is guilty or not

There were rumors that he was on thin ice...

but who knows if that's kayfabe heat or real heat... maybe it was real