WWE/Professional Wrestling

Bray Wyatt

Ambrose's fight with Corbin was supposed to be in the main card and it got pushed to the pre show because he was drunk at the hall of fame ceremony

I would love a heel turn with Ambrose, he needs a shakeup

And KO is super talented and has been one of the best wrestler's in the promotion since he joined. His universal title reign was poorly booked because he lost his "prizefighter" edge when he became best buds with Jericho

Lesnar also could've helped push Ambrose over at WrestleMania last year but refused to put on a good match because he dogs it when no title is on the line

Good point. They hardly even let Ambrose have a competitive match with Brock, it was almost a glorified squash. Instead they gave that story to Shane McMahon in his match with 'Taker that night, the underdog who kept kicking out and gave the monster a run for his money. It was as if they see Shane as a bigger draw than Dean.

I think we mostly agree that Ambrose/Owens have awesome talent and could be a bigger deal but the company hasn't completely gotten behind them. :)

I'm with you on the Prizefighter gimmick for KO too, I was real into his work at that time. He's a lot better at that than playing a suit-wearing corporate patsy.

I like the switches that were made as it gives the top card of each show new possibilities for feuds with the potential to cement some new up and comers, just hated the way they rolled it out

That said I am excited, the wife and I bought tickets the other day for Smackdown as they are coming to Rochester in June for the first time in 5 years, excited to see AJ and Nakamura live! Disappointed Bray was moved to Raw though as I wont get to see him, everytime they come here he is always on the other tour :censored:

Also by June they should have the new stories they are pushing well under way and I trust Smackdowns booking over Raw so it should be a good one.

Or and that means I get to see 205 live as well! Cruiserweights should be fun to see too

Enjoy!!!!!!! I need to get to more live shows. Great move brother.

Good point. They hardly even let Ambrose have a competitive match with Brock, it was almost a glorified squash. Instead they gave that story to Shane McMahon in his match with 'Taker that night, the underdog who kept kicking out and gave the monster a run for his money. It was as if they see Shane as a bigger draw than Dean.

I think we mostly agree that Ambrose/Owens have awesome talent and could be a bigger deal but the company hasn't completely gotten behind them. :)

I'm with you on the Prizefighter gimmick for KO too, I was real into his work at that time. He's a lot better at that than playing a suit-wearing corporate patsy.

Enjoy!!!!!!! I need to get to more live shows. Great move brother.

Totally agree with you about KO. I didn't know much about him before he debuted but he won me over quick with his in ring work and great heel work

I really don't know much about the king of strong style but I have a feeling he'll win me over quick. He has been around the world and has a great "presence" around him

Totally agree with you about KO. I didn't know much about him before he debuted but he won me over quick with his in ring work and great heel work

I really don't know much about the king of strong style but I have a feeling he'll win me over quick. He has been around the world and has a great "presence" around him

Owens won me over because he seemed like a real person that I might meet on the street or something. Whereas others in WWE I feel like they're beautiful, perfect wrestling robots sometimes that are not as relatable.

If you have WWE Network consider checking out some of Shinsuke in NXT, especially his debut match against Sami Zayn (Takeover Dallas April 1 2016). Straight fire.

If you're interested here's Nakamura/Styles in New Japan with English commentary (including Matt Striker), I believe it was AJ's last match there before debuting at the Royal Rumble weeks later. Presence is a great way to describe Shin.

https://youtu.be/YdVZLr4TeMw

Edited by 2018 Our Year For Sure

Owens won me over because he seemed like a real person that I might meet on the street or something. Whereas others in WWE I feel like they're beautiful, perfect wrestling robots sometimes that are not as relatable.

If you have WWE Network consider checking out some of Shinsuke in NXT, especially his debut match against Sami Zayn (Takeover Dallas April 1 2016). Straight fire.

If you're interested here's Nakamura/Styles in New Japan with English commentary (including Matt Striker), I believe it was AJ's last match there before debuting at the Royal Rumble weeks later. Presence is a great way to describe Shin.

https://youtu.be/YdVZLr4TeMw

I do have the network.

It's just that with work, and all my football related stuff I can only keep up with WWE storylines lol

I did know of him though and im curious to see how they book him

Yeah I laughed when she said it and then said I have no idea!

It's funny, I can see why she'd say that. Michael Jackson and Freddie Mercury were supposedly major influences on him. Found this

With a background in classic ballet, yoga and MMA, everything Nakamura does looks and feels different. Theres almost a competing element to his movements that at one second resemble the effeminate beauty of a dancer before instantly giving way to the brutality of an MMA-inspired knee strike.

Nakamura often contorts his fingers into creepy patterns of movement and thrusts his pelvis in ways that can be perceived as provocative, further adding to the mystery of his characters mindset. His influences come directly from Western popular culture, including the movements of Michael Jackson and the charisma of Queen frontman Freddie Mercury.

"So Michael Jackson, his moving looks like a martial artist moving," Nakamura said. "Hes quicker than other dancers but he dont have muscles. Most dancers have huge muscles. So his dancing is quicker than everybody. He looks [like hes] controlling gravity. He looks like an oriental martial arts master. I tried to steal a body movement from him. So thats why I imitate Michael Jackson a little bit."

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbssports.com/wwe/news/equally-brutal-and-beautiful-shinsuke-nakamura-is-thriving-in-wwes-nxt/amp/ Edited by 2018 Our Year For Sure

It's funny, I can see why she'd say that. Michael Jackson and Freddie Mercury were supposedly major influences on him. Found this

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbssports.com/wwe/news/equally-brutal-and-beautiful-shinsuke-nakamura-is-thriving-in-wwes-nxt/amp/

Good find! I was reading that he and Brock trained together and he was an MMA guy too, I will be sure to share this info with my wife lol

Edited by Bray Wyatt

• 2 weeks later...

there were some bad reviews of this Raw but I was sports entertained when I watched it, the comedy with Y2J and Dean was great, Dean trying to get his name off the list and the Jericho putting him back on was funny

Also good to see the start to have an idea on how to book Bray of course made me happy : ) still not sure about this House of Horrors thing but it appears the title is not on the line so Bray winning would be a good way to build some momentum into his next Raw feud (Balor perhaps?)

Matt Hardy seemed to get carried by Sheamus in the match (Sheamus did a great job imo) but perhaps if they finally get to add the "broken" gimmick he will be able to do more promo backstage stuff and be better rested in the ring to help his work rate

wtf is up with Seamus and Cesaro offering handshakes to the Hardy's for????? 2 weeks in a row, that's stupid. Sorry, though, as much as i am glad to see the Hardy's back, Matt is looking completely unfit for the WWE.

I think they are doing that handshake thing to make shemaus and Cesaro look like decent losers until they snap at payback and cesaro makes a heel turn