Sources: Chasm between Bills coaches, front office on Tyrod

McD will push out Whaley and bring someone without a personal agenda in place. Book it.

Whaley is no longer the smartest guy in the room. I think that is one of the reasons SM was hired

What personal agenda are you talking about?

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firing a OC 2 weeks into the season, the day after your defense let up 500 yards to Ryan Fitzpatrick is a little extreme to me. And it was reported they expressed their offensive malcontent to the HC.

However, he can do whatever he likes. I just happen to think if that mess went down on the Redskins, we'd be thanking our stars we don't have an owner does stuff like that.

Unless Pegula said, "Wait for the new HC," then.

I'm actually really confused at what you're trying to say.

Pegula didn't have to say "wait for the new coach" because it's standard practice to let any new coaching staff come in and make assessments on the entire roster after a comprehensive review. I know you think Whaley is too dense to understand why that is so this whole discussion is moot between us.

Bottom line? LaConjecture is full of schit. That's what I'm trying to say.

This is a debate that no one can win but we do learn something from this article.

Sept 8 2009....days before the season kickoff, the starting offensive left tackle (Trent Edwards was the QB) # 68 Langston Walker was cut. We then made the decision to start the ever popular and future hall of famer Demetrius Bell.

I recall the day, Dick Jauron head coach was blindsided by the press and later admitted he knew nothing of the transaction. His O line had been set and was planning for the season when this occurred. While I have no respect for Jauron as a Head Coach it was apparent neither did the front office.

Here is what I see.

In 2009 the team owner was different, the GM was different, the team President was different, the head coach was different, the record was about the same and the CONSTANT here is Overdorf who controlled the cap budget and contracts and set the rooster using his financial skills (experience is a great thing but can perpetuate the same outcomes)

He is doing it again with our QB. Pencil pushers should never be given power in maters of people, personnel, or quality.

Overdorf should be fired and the Pegula should know better than to allow an accountant to make decisions in their business.

Dots! I see dots that need connecting! :w00t:

In the absence of actual news it's entertaining to see what we can invent. Very creative. New villains daily.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

What personal agenda are you talking about?

Has not Whaley created friction with every head Coach we have had since NIx ?

And is is almost always about QB. Whales wants His players on the field.

How the heel did we get Orton out or retirement? Who does that kinda crap?

Recall the screaming matches {2) with he and Marroon?

So Marrone was a dickhead and Rex was a lazy pos and bad coach. Why isn't DW allowed to have an issue with either one of them?

Unsubstantiated hearsay crap talk involving a rift bewteen DW and SM, IMO it is not real.

So Marrone was a dickhead and Rex was a lazy pos and bad coach. Why isn't DW allowed to have an issue with either one of them?

Unsubstantiated hearsay crap talk involving a rift bewteen DW and SM, IMO it is not real.

I am not speaking to the recent report.

I dont like whaley. I am surmising he is meddlesome and not that bright.

GMs should NOT be telling a Coach who to play is my point. He should be scouring the leagues and beyond for players.

To be fair Whales does that well.

in regard to the having issue with both Coaches, was he not in the room when hiring them ? Sure he was. He owns that.

Pegula didn't have to say "wait for the new coach" because it's standard practice to let any new coaching staff come in and make assessments on the entire roster after a comprehensive review. I know you think Whaley is too dense to understand why that is so this whole discussion is moot between us.

Bottom line? LaConjecture is full of schit. That's what I'm trying to say.

So then it wasn't possible for Whaley to cut TT before McD was hired?

And is is almost always about QB. Whales wants His players on the field.

How the heel did we get Orton out or retirement? Who does that kinda crap?

Recall the screaming matches {2) with he and Marroon?

You're reaching on some of your points. If he just wanted his players on the field, why get Orton in the first place?

I really don't get this whole Whaley hates Tyrod narrative came from. Whaley looks good when the Bills win, so he couldn't care less who the qb is. I like Tyrod as a person but I don't think he is good enough. What is wrong with Whaley thinking the same thing where there are plenty of people who agree with him?

And Marrone was a quitting POS. He was a miserable human being and there are a ton of terrible stories about him.

You're reaching on some of your points. If he just wanted his players on the field, why get Orton in the first place?

I really don't get this whole Whaley hates Tyrod narrative came from. Whaley looks good when the Bills win, so he couldn't care less who the qb is. I like Tyrod as a person but I don't think he is good enough. What is wrong with Whaley thinking the same thing where there are plenty of people who agree with him?

And Marrone was a quitting POS. He was a miserable human being and there are a ton of terrible stories about him.

I am certainly reaching. I have my opinions. He got Orton cuz Marrone was freaked out about EJM. we all knew that I thought.

How long did we keep EJ after his meltdown against the JJ Watt. England?

I could go on.But it really is just one vs another, which is fine by me.

I am certainly reaching. I have my opinions. He got Orton cuz Marrone was freaked out about EJM. we all knew that I thought.

PS I would be surprised that Whales "hates " him. He sees the same limitations we do. But what would he suggest bills do to improve.

Again, he owns this

He's done nothing but lose since he got here with Buddy Nix.

It took a few years before anyone did anything but praise him as the golden child........... but he's become the face of losing at OBD so he will be damned either way from now on until he stops the losing.

Exactly.

Whaley is pure trash and should've been shown the door years ago.

How he has a job is beyond my belief. No hope in this team until he's canned.

PS I would be surprised that Whales "hates " him. He sees the same limitations we do. But what would he suggest bills do to improve.

Again, he owns this

With all due respect to your opinion, where is Whaley the bad guy?

1) Marrone quit and was thinking about it during the season. When we were 8-7 and had a meaningless game to end the season, he should have played EJ for the good of the franchise long term. He didn't care about our franchise.

2) Rex inherited the #4 defense and ruined it. His teams took stupid penalties and maxe zero progress. Whaley got him the qb he wanted and players in the draft he wanted. Rex failed and made the team worse with his system.

Exactly.

Whaley is pure trash and should've been shown the door years ago.

How he has a job is beyond my belief. No hope in this team until he's canned.

well maybe he will look better with this Coaching staff? Devils advocate says he had little to work with in newcomer Marrone, and fading away Ryan

With all due respect to your opinion, where is Whaley the bad guy?

1) Marrone quit and was thinking about it during the season. When we were 8-7 and had a meaningless game to end the season, he should have played EJ for the good of the franchise long term. He didn't care about our franchise.

2) Rex inherited the #4 defense and ruined it. His teams took stupid penalties and maxe zero progress. Whaley got him the qb he wanted and players in the draft he wanted. Rex failed and made the team worse with his system.

1 ) the issue was while Marrone was here. Maybe it was media driven but it was pretty consistent. Not that he quit. But , perhaps ?? he quit because of the lack of roster and Coaching control?

2 ) What Rex did was horrendous.

Keep in mind, he quit too.

So then it wasn't possible for Whaley to cut TT before McD was hired?

Depends on when Pegula issued that imaginary edict to Whaley, Brandon, and Overdorf declaring TT untouchable, I guess.

There is simply no evidence, none at all, that supports LaConjecture's assertion that Whaley, Brandon, and Overdorf wanted to cut TT then and want to cut him now. None.

Required and rational discussion among the principals concerning all the pros and cons of the critically important TT decision, one that needed to wait until the coaches made their assessments, does not rise to the level of LaConjecture's sensationalized version of events.

Depends on when Pegula issued that imaginary edict to Whaley, Brandon, and Overdorf declaring TT untouchable, I guess.

There is simply no evidence, none at all, that supports LaConjecture's assertion that Whaley, Brandon, and Overdorf wanted to cut TT then and want to cut him now. None.

Required and rational discussion among the principals concerning all the pros and cons of the critically important TT decision, one that needed to wait until the coaches made their assessments, does not rise to the level of LaConjecture's sensationalized version of events.

I find it hilarious, that Bnews is relaying Canfora's conjecture as news. Certainly as gold as Tyrod likely gone/Tyrod likely to stay !

A 17 year drought is the result of getting things wrong for an impossibly long time. And our errors cross over owners, GMs, coaches, and players alike. Our record of ineptitude is unique.

None of that means that Pegula told Whaley, Brandon, and Overdorf they had to wait to cut TT until after the new coach had a say. Whaley knew that anyway. It's just the correct thing to do.

There are pros and cons to keeping or letting him go and it deserves discussion among the principals involved. I'm not sure why that's a bad thing. Not at all.

I'll just wrap it up and repeat that it's too bad TT's play didn't put the issue to rest on its own.

It totally makes sense to include the HC in the discussion. In fact, if the HC says that's the QB he can win with, IMO that trumps all. That's exactly where I'm at with Taylor: if McDermott wants him to stay, he should stay. If he doesn't, he shouldn't. I don't care what Pegula, Whaley, Brandon, Overdorf, or the janitor have to say about it.

I also wish Taylor would've played better last year, but I still think he's good enough to be the ~17th highest paid QB until we find something better. That wouldn't be a concern with a well-managed cap.

I see Bills brass seeing a QB like Mahomes in the draft that can be thee guy for 15 years and want to bring in a Romo type to bridge a year or two and protect for injury. If you think Mahomes has greater skills than TT and you think Romo is a better QB today than TT hard to argue this.

I believe McD sees Taylor being a better option than Romo and knows that if we commit to TT than 1st pick will be another position.

Honestly throwing the whole $30 mill gtd out the window Taylor is signed for a little under $16 mill this year and $17 mil per season for life of contract. In a QB starved league that's a bargain for his talent and after a year the Bills could trade him and get solid value if they still wanted to draft a Mahomes and let him sit. Problem is tough to use a 1st pick that you know won't help you in year one.

Edited by dezertbill