Sources: Chasm between Bills coaches, front office on Tyrod

and he will through this draft and season. For better or worse. Pegula surely has a plan ?

but i think it is mostly media fodder

There will? Tell me abit more about what you are thinking on this.

Yes, let's rehash that issue again for the umtenth time. Go back and do some research in old threads.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, let's rehash that issue again for the umtenth time. Go back and do some research in old threads.

No lets not.

There is nothing to be had in FA

What exists in free agency doesn't matter. Top QB's don't become free agents.

Thats a fact

I'm beginning to think he's the most incompetent GM in NFL history but is pretty good at fooling his bosses into deflecting the blame and keeping him around.

Hello I'm Ryan Grigson, would you like to buy some life insurance?

Whaley sucks but that is a wild exaggeration. Plenty of GM's have failed to win with capable QB's. Whaley is yet to do that.

Whaley sucks but that is a wild exaggeration. Plenty of GM's have failed to win with capable QB's. Whaley is yet to do that.

Grigson didn't fail to win. He had a winning record as GM.

We have/had some very good talent to field. He is far from perfect. ( contracts, draft decisions ) but great at scouring the waiver wire

I don't think it's that far-fetched. He's certainly the most incompetent GM in front of camera's and microphones. He's made some dumb draft-day trades. Weak drafts. Has he accomplished anything during his tenure?

post-17182-0-00110700-1488739551.jpg

The word overblown when used to describe something means it was exaggerated. It doesnt mean it didnt or isnt happening. Well we do know that Whaley 100-% hasnt gotten along with Marrone and in the latter stages of Rex qs well. So we can say that its likey that there is substance to the story. Now does it mean they are bringing prison shanks to the table no, but if there having a rift this early in the relatively new relationship whats goign to happen when another "ultimatum" is given similarly as was rex benching TT?

The word "overblown," though, is just one more media report. While I do think JW is much more credible than his media brethren, I have to wonder how much he actually knows.

I think there's an effective gag order in place on the shakers and movers at OBD until they make a final decision. I don't think JW or any other media guy has substantive inside information. In other words, I'm dubious about any of the reports of a 'chasm' developing on the TT issue between the FO and the coaching staff. In fact, my guess is that this whole poopstorm about a division between the FO and coaching staff is a media fabrication.

That's not to say I believe everyone on the Bills payroll is in agreement. Why would they be? Fans and NFL commentators don't agree so I don't expect the folks at OBD agrees about Tyrod either. I just think there's a very good chance the McD versus DW story is a media invention. Given my experience, I just don't trust the media very much.

Edited by hondo in seattle

Grigson didn't fail to win. He had a winning record as GM.

He had Andrew Luck and failed miserably in a weak division. Move after move made zero sense, his selection of Ryan Kelly was the only thing I can remember him not screwing up.

Whaley has been bad and I can't wait until he is out of Buffalo but it's hard to compare his win loss record with the Colts. Until Whaley gets the QB situation right he has some semblance of an excuse, not that he will ever get right it.

He had Andrew Luck and failed miserably in a weak division. Move after move made zero sense, his selection of Ryan Kelly was the only thing I can remember him not screwing up.

Whaley has been bad and I can't wait until he is out of Buffalo but it's hard to compare his win loss record with the Colts. Until Whaley gets the QB situation right he has some semblance of an excuse, not that he will ever get right it.

Really? Failed miserably? 3 straight 11-5 records, 3 playoff runs, a conference championship appearance.

Grigson definitely sucked at drafting, but the team won.

Really? Failed miserably? 3 straight 11-5 records, 3 playoff runs, a conference championship appearance.

Grigson definitely sucked at drafting, but the team won.

11-5 and now what? What did he build? Where is the foundation around Andrew Luck? Trent Richardson? Phillip Dorsett? Convince me Grigson had any long term plan. Al Davis wana be with his WR fetish cost the Colts legitimate players.

11-5 and now what? What did he build? Where is the foundation around Andrew Luck? Trent Richardson? Phillip Dorsett? Convince me Grigson had any long term plan. Al Davis wana be with his WR fetish cost the Colts legitimate players.

I expect the Colts to be much better with Ballard running the show. I wish we would've hired him first.

I expect the Colts to be much better with Ballard running the show. I wish we would've hired him first.

BBMB? It's been awhile, hope all has been well. I'm excited for what he does in Indy, I'd like atleast one team in the AFC who won't roll over for the Pats.

Too many folks are saying TT is the best FA QB option.

How can the Bills let him walk?

How can they let him walk? If they perceive that what he brings isn't all that much more. We all know he's the best of the lot currently but how much better is that in practical terms? Two more wins? Three? 10? I may not agree with them necessarily, but I can see how they might question the commitment. Nobody wants to wake up in three years and think we spent $40m for that when another far less expensive alternative could have achieved similar results, especially when those dollars might have shorn up weaker areas on a talent starved team.

All we/they have to go by is what TT has done to this point and all we can seem to agree on is, he is nothing more than "the bridge." As I've said, it's too bad TT himself didnt put the issue to rest with his play alone.

BBMB? It's been awhile, hope all has been well. I'm excited for what he does in Indy, I'd like atleast one team in the AFC who won't roll over for the Pats.

Things are good; hope the same goes for you. The Colts beating up on the Pats would be nice, but it also means more competition for a wildcard spot.

How can they let him walk? If they perceive that what he brings isn't all that much more. We all know he's the best of the lot currently but how much better is that in practical terms? Two more wins? Three? 10? I may not agree with them necessarily, but I can see how they might question the commitment. Nobody wants to wake up in three years and think we spent $40m for that when another far less expensive alternative could have achieved similar results, especially when those dollars might have shorn up weaker areas on a talent starved team.

All we/they have to go by is what TT has done to this point and all we can seem to agree on is, he is nothing more than "the bridge." As I've said, it's too bad TT himself didnt put the issue to rest with his play alone.

In reality it should be a simple decision. Does the guy responsible for handling the personnel expect him to improve or does he know TT is what he is at this point. Whaley has been around this guy for an extended amount of time, does Taylor not have the wits to run a 2 minute drill? Was that on the coaching? Can TT recognize a defense? Is TT blind behind the wheel? I would love to know Whaley's opinion on the player and if it differs from anyone else involved in this process.

Let me ask this? what is the point of saving money for two years if your chances of making playoffs decrease. We have not been able to build anything consistent till TT. Not good but consistent. You bring back Tyrod so you do not fall further away from the end game. 30 Mil guaranteed , while you draft the next one up.

Keep drafting, Tyrod is not going to take us there? Okay. But you have to keep playing to win, or you never develop a culture of winning

Let me ask this? what is the point of saving money for two years if your chances of making playoffs decrease. We have not been able to build anything consistent till TT. Not good but consistent. You bring back Tyrod so you do not fall further away from the end game. 30 Mil guaranteed , while you draft the next one up.

Keep drafting, Tyrod is not going to take us there? Okay. But you have to keep playing to win, or you never develop a culture of winning

Maybe Whaley should email DePodesta and find out what TT's WAR stat is?

In reality it should be a simple decision. Does the guy responsible for handling the personnel expect him to improve or does he know TT is what he is at this point. Whaley has been around this guy for an extended amount of time, does Taylor not have the wits to run a 2 minute drill? Was that on the coaching? Can TT recognize a defense? Is TT blind behind the wheel? I would love to know Whaley's opinion on the player and if it differs from anyone else involved in this process.

I think you nailed it here. And I suspect Whaley knows what his own position is and has made that known to McD and Co. And I suspect Whaley's thoughts are like most around here; that TT's current performance to date suggests nothing better than a place holder and placem holders don't get you to the promised land unless everything else is in place, which it certainly isn't here.

I'm more interested in what the new staff thinks. I don't think they saw anything different in their film reviews, so your question is key: can he be coached to the next level? I think the answer is different for a two year starter going into his third year than it is for a two year starter going into his seventh.