Sources: Chasm between Bills coaches, front office on Tyrod

But I thought 10 teams, per CoT would be lining up for his services.

The reality is, maybe only bad teams would be lining up for his services, and that's a maybe. Like SF, Cle, NYJ. Tyrod is not as good as you and so many others think and it will be realized in about a week. Writing has been on the wall since he was benched for the last game last year, you and a bunch of other refuse to acknowledge it or just can't read.

Not really. thats just YOUR spin on it, not reality.

When you join us in reality, we ARE a bad team.

You are wat your record says you are and we are an average to below average team.

Tyrod was benched because with the coaching change they werent gonna risk injuring him and get stuck with the contract. Any idiot without an agenda can see that. Also if Tyrod plays vs the Jets we win that game and move 5 spots down the draft because of it, so that was also a factor.

Tyrod plays one of his best games vs Miami the week prior, showing progression and flashing promise. Depending on what they do in the draft he could have offers from 6 teams that dont have an established starter. His best shot would be Denver but with Kubiak gone he might not fit that offensive scheme anymore. Sometimes you gotta dance with the girl that brought you to it, and that might be the card hes holding.

Marty, hes only entertaining when playing the bottom half of the league teams. I want to be entertained while playing playoff teams.

And um, Clevelnad, lol.

Thats funny!

He played well vs the Pats defense and they won the Superbowl. He played well vs a playoff bound Seattle team on a Monday night shootout. Played well vs a 10-6 Miami team.

Thats 4 games that he played well vs playoff teams. A better defense and a better kicker and we would have won in SEA and MIA twice. Those games would have put is in the WC easy.

and yes :lol::lol: @ Clevelnads

Edited by Marty McFly

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree completely - especially when that smoke is blowing out the axxes of sports media guys.

When I was in the army, I was in some high profile operations where some of the media reports couldn't have been further from the truth.

To make the matter worse, some of the way-off-base reporting was in highly regarded outlets such as the NYT and Washington Post. I've been extremely skeptical of the media ever since.

This particularly report about the Bills come from La Canfora who has a track record of reporting things that are factually inaccurate.

I think it's funny that some people are already blaming Brandon or Whaley for the divisiveness at OBD when none of us actually has the slightest info on what's really going on there.

The word overblown when used to describe something means it was exaggerated. It doesnt mean it didnt or isnt happening. Well we do know that Whaley 100-% hasnt gotten along with Marrone and in the latter stages of Rex qs well. So we can say that its likey that there is substance to the story. Now does it mean they are bringing prison shanks to the table no, but if there having a rift this early in the relatively new relationship whats goign to happen when another "ultimatum" is given similarly as was rex benching TT?

He played well vs the Pats defense and they won the Superbowl. He played well vs a playoff bound Seattle team on a Monday night shootout. Played well vs a 10-6 Miami team.

Thats 4 games that he played well vs playoff teams. A better defense and a better kicker and we would have won in SEA and MIA twice. Those games would have put is in the WC easy.

and yes :lol::lol: @ Clevelnads

I wanted to like him, i really really did. But Oaktown and Pittsburg killed it for me. The three three and outs against the Raiders D in the third quarter especially did it. Theres alot of blame to go around on the whole team, but fact is, he had it in his hands to make a diff, and he pooped hisself. Oh well, hes probably still our best best option.

I like the way you think, Marty McFly!

*tips hat*

lox3e.jpg

I wanted to like him, i really really did. But Oaktown and Pittsburg killed it for me. The three three and outs against the Raiders D in the third quarter especially did it. Theres alot of blame to go around on the whole team, but fact is, he had it in his hands to make a diff, and he pooped hisself. Oh well, hes probably still our best best option.

The whole team pooped themselves. It looked like they didnt wanna play that Pitt game and got wayy too cocky and took their foot off the peddle in Oakland. There's no reason we cant keep and draft another one. Teams do it all the time. If the Bucs are paying their back up 7M to ride the bench, TT isnt the worst for as a stop-gap with potential to pay for. If McDermy thinks he can win with em, Ive seen enough to give him is deal and see what he can do in year 3 while still drafting for the future if the value is there.

Your pessimistic Optimism shines through.

Honest enough is that he likely is our best option as well as I can tell. No question that if they do the 2 year 30 mil Bills should still be drafting QBs.

I think he has more ceiling to him. But he might limit how an offense can be drawn up, and that is on the Coaches to make it work.

*tips hat*

lox3e.jpg

The whole team pooped themselves. It looked like they didnt wanna play that Pitt game and got wayy too cocky and took their foot off the peddle in Oakland. There's no reason we cant keep and draft another one. Teams do it all the time. If the Bucs are paying their back up 7M to ride the bench, TT isnt the worst for as a stop-gap with potential to pay for. If McDermy thinks he can win with em, Ive seen enough to give him is deal and see what he can do in year 3 while still drafting for the future if the value is there.

Good and fair points

Your pessimistic Optimism shines through.

Honest enough is that he likely is our best option as well as I can tell. No question that if they do the 2 year 30 mil Bills should still be drafting QBs.

I think he has more ceiling to him. But he might limit how an offense can be drawn up, and that is on the Coaches to make it work.

Good and fair points

I go back and forth with this team, between being pessimistic optimist.

And optometrist pessimist...

Optometrics and pessilytics

Its hard not to just plain straddle the fence at times and hope

And this is why a TOTAL purge was needed, not just a coaching change, UGH.

Didn't La Canfora state that both Whaley and Ryan would be fired if they didn't make the playoffs in 2016?

Why is Whaley still the team's GM and for that matter why didn't Pegula perge the entire FO?

Sadly, I don't trust this FO to get anything right in the draft, free agency and I feel bad that a new HC in McDermott now must deal with these losers who have failed to even find a quality starting franchise QB like a Matt Ryan, or even a Kirk Cousins.

They scored two touchdowns against the Raiders in the third quarter. They had 2 three and outs in the third quarter (one was actually the start of the fourth.) The first one was two direct snaps to a running back and a incomplete on third down. The second was a 3rd and 15 pass that Taylor put in Watkins hands but was well defended and dropped.

​I get that Taylor is not great but some of the arguments against him are not totally his fault. Taylor is likely the Bills best option this year.

Edited by Scott7975

Didn't La Canfora state that both Whaley and Ryan would be fired if they didn't make the playoffs in 2016?

Why is Whaley still the team's GM and for that matter why didn't Pegula perge the entire FO?

Sadly, I don't trust this FO to get anything right in the draft, free agency and I feel bad that a new HC in McDermott now must deal with these losers who have failed to even find a quality starting franchise QB like a Matt Ryan, or even a Kirk Cousins.

No just Rex. Vic made the Rex and Whaley ultimatum comments.

They scored two touchdowns against the Raiders in the third quarter. They had 2 three and outs in the third quarter (one was actually the start of the fourth.) The first one was two direct snaps to a running back and a incomplete on third down. The second was a 3rd and 15 pass that Taylor put in Watkins hands but was well defended and dropped.

​I get that Taylor is not great but some of the arguments against him are not totally his fault. Taylor is likely the Bills best option this year.

In Watkins hands high and behind him, if i remember correctly.

Irregardlessly, maybe he can make some progress in his 7th season in the league.

A man for details eh ?

Well done !

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2017-nfl-free-agency-browns-primed-to-land-tyrod-taylor-bears-eye-glennon/

"The Bills do not plan to retain Taylor at his current contract , according to sources, as they continue to meet with agents for free agent quarterbacks and explore other options. And while the Bills have proposals at a lesser salary on the table, no one I’ve talked to here at the combine -- general manager, cap guy or agent -- can figure any reason why Taylor should accept anything from the Bills at this point. Especially with him being coveted as a free agent.

League sources said the Browns have significant interest in Taylor as a free agent. Taylor has strong ties to some on the Browns staff already and if/when he hits the open market I would be shocked if the Browns don’t make a real push for him. Many in the league believe that’s where he will end up -- he’s young and athletic and protects the football and has upside. That would allow the Browns to take the two best players available with their two first-round picks -- beginning with Myles Garrett first overall. The Browns also continue to try to push to retain pending free agent receiver Terrelle Pryor to have some weapons for the new QB."

Do you see the irony in reading what Wawrow wrote and saying what he says must be true?

I tend to believe Wawrow over national reporters but that doesn't change the fact that Whaley is not very bright for not allowing the new coaching staff to choose who they want to QB their team.

I tend to believe Wawrow over national reporters but that doesn't change the fact that Whaley is not very bright for not allowing the new coaching staff to choose who they want to QB their team.

He is now in conflict with his third HC. Yet he has a job.

neither choice would surprise me.. But it comes back to, who will Bills start at QB ?

Kyle Williams was sold on Sean McD's plan to win.

I wonder what that plan truly entails

And that comes back to once FA starts there will be a whole lot of options for the Bills.

He is now in conflict with his third HC. Yet he has a job.

and he will through this draft and season. For better or worse. Pegula surely has a plan ?

but i think it is mostly media fodder

And that comes back to once FA starts there will be a whole lot of options for the Bills.

There will? Tell me abit more about what you are thinking on this.