Sources: Chasm between Bills coaches, front office on Tyrod

At lease chasm is this years czar.

This is one thing we can all agree on: someday, hopefully soon, this team will win double-digit games in the regular season, make the playoffs, and give us something positive to talk about. May we then never need debate "czar," "privvy," or "chasm."

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, there's plenty of evidence. It might be evidence you're not willing to accept, but it's been reported again and again from different reporters with different sources that this has been going on with Whaley. His behaviour has shown it as well, on many occasions.

Second, you're misreading the story. It didn't say that they want to cut him. It says they don't want to pay him. People want to avoid, deny, ignore and take every other way people pretend things they don't like don't even exist that the contract isn't a huge part of this. But it is. He will impact the Bills at a franchise QB level if they pick up the option and he stays the length of time he's most likely to stay, two years or so.

They don't want to pay that contract. The story doesn't say they wouldn't keep him if a re-negotiation makes it more reasonable to keep him.

But doesn't rule it out either.

Evidence? In the form of previous sensationalized "reports?" That evidence? I don't agree. And I'll let it go at that.

I understand the ramifications. I've made numerous posts discussing the practicalities involved in the decision to keep or cut TT. It's not as simple as "there's nobody better" or "we're gonna take a step back if we cut him."

I've also made the point that it's the most important decision facing the team and it deserves the kind of intense discussion among everybody involved for that very reason.

Finally, when LaConjecture gets something accurate regarding the Bills, let me know.

Guest Diesel-USMC

Evidence? In the form of previous sensationalized "reports?" That evidence? I don't agree. And I'll let it go at that.

I understand the ramifications. I've made numerous posts discussing the practicalities involved in the decision to keep or cut TT. It's not as simple as "there's nobody better" or "we're gonna take a step back if we cut him."

I've also made the point that it's the most important decision facing the team and it deserves the kind of intense discussion among everybody involved for that very reason.

Finally, when LaConjecture gets something accurate regarding the Bills, let me know.

To be fair, he has yet to misspell the word "Bills". For him, that's quite an accomplishment.

Do you know what I take from that article? Nothing that I didn't already know and a whole lot of wedge driving. Basically, he was told to write something, he mixed a bunch of little things together and managed to hit his word quota.

For one thing, I have a real hard time believing that McDermott is even remotely close to knowing whether or not he and his staff are 100% ready to roll with Taylor. That is going to have much more impact on whether or not he is here in 2017 than Russ Brandon or the medias attempt to paint him as The Godfather of Bills football in Orchard Park.

Interesting...I'd be willing to bet McD had pretty much made up his mind on Taylor when he took the job. IMO due diligence would mandate a decision like that.

Guest Diesel-USMC

To be fair, he has yet to misspell the word "Bills". For him, that's quite an accomplishment.

By "he", I'm referring to Jason.

Given that they haven't made a decision yet I suspect this story is true.

Whaley has obviously wanted him gone for a long time, and McDermott probably realizes Taylor gives them the best option at QB this year.

You'd think they'd have had a discussion about this prior to hiring McDermott as HC.

Okay who let this fella in?

TBD has no call for his sort.

Guest Diesel-USMC

Interesting...I'd be willing to bet McD had pretty much made up his mind on Taylor when he took the job. IMO due diligence would mandate a decision like that.

Well, if I were a new head coach settiling in to Buffalo and its deep rooted disappointment, determining our QB would be something I'd like to discuss with my OC, GM and others to determine how we would proceed. Sure, he knew about Taylor but, that's not something I'd expect him to make his mind up about in those short few days he took to decide to be a HC in Buffalo.

You think McD had analyzed the tape of a QB not on his team while with the Panthers?

Guest Diesel-USMC

You think McD had analyzed the tape of a QB not on his team while with the Panthers?

Makes perfect sense. He's a Scorpio. He read his astrology sign and it mentioned big changes. He visited a tarot card reader who told him to watch the tape and determine whether or not he'd ever use him as a QB. Although puzzled, McDermott did that in week 4 of the 2016 season. Who knew it would pay off so quick? Only that tarot card reading hippie from Oakland who moved to Charlotte when Barnum And Bailey announced their retirement of the circus.

You don't go into that interview without doing fairly serious homework on question #1. Do you seriously think he was just winging it? He had looked at this as hard as time allowed.

Guest Diesel-USMC

That's because someone spotted him the B and the I.

Still, I'm amazed he could sound out the rest of it.

Well, if I were a new head coach settiling in to Buffalo and its deep rooted disappointment, determining our QB would be something I'd like to discuss with my OC, GM and others to determine how we would proceed. Sure, he knew about Taylor but, that's not something I'd expect him to make his mind up about in those short few days he took to decide to be a HC in Buffalo.

Fair, but as HC there's probably no bigger decision to make as QB...it informs your scheme, personnel, staff etc. I'd hazard he was pretty sure what he wanted to do when he signed on, and if he wasn't then he better be by now.

Guest Diesel-USMC

You don't go into that interview without doing fairly serious homework on question #1. Do you seriously think he was just winging it? He had looked at this as hard as time allowed.

Oh, he absolutely had developed some kind of opinion. But, hardly something a HC is going to be concrete on until he gets his staff in olace and everyone begins to put things together.

Yeah, I think these guys do their homework. If he wasn't 90% sure of what he wanted to do at QB when they hired him I doubt he gets the job.

It took McD ~3 weeks of 16 hour days to go through all of TT's film after he became HC.

Compare that to the "homework" he did before his interview. He probably had ideas and contingencies, but I doubt he had a lock on TT the player.

Oh, he absolutely had developed some kind of opinion. But, hardly something a HC is going to be concrete on until he gets his staff in olace and everyone begins to put things together.

Fair enough, I was responding to the idea that he coached another team, so didn't have time to look at film. He looked at it, and hard. But he also had to put his staff together and get more in depth. I still think he had a gut feel before the interview. He had to. He IS the HC.

...For one thing, I have a real hard time believing that McDermott is even remotely close to knowing whether or not he and his staff are 100% ready to roll with Taylor. That is going to have much more impact on whether or not he is here in 2017 than Russ Brandon or the medias attempt to paint him as The Godfather of Bills football in Orchard Park.

He's been mulling it over for over 7 weeks. I think he should at least be close to knowing by now.

Guest Diesel-USMC

Fair enough, I was responding to the idea that he coached another team, so didn't have time to look at film. He looked at it, and hard. But he also had to put his staff together and get more in depth. I still think he had a gut feel before the interview. He had to. He IS the HC.

At this point, it doesn't really matter. We know that this decision will have quite the impact on this team as well as his tenure as head coach in the NFL. I want to believe that this decision would not be made in haste.

He's been mulling it over for over 7 weeks. I think he should at least be close to knowing by now.

I'm sure the ideas are there. I think the draft will play a role in their decision. It's just a decision that I can't assume is over already.

At this point, it doesn't really matter. We know that this decision will have quite the impact on this team as well as his tenure as head coach in the NFL. I want to believe that this decision would not be made in haste.

Absolutely not! And there is zero reason to rush into anything and eliminate options that may or may not be foreseen to improve the position. Why commit before you have to and paint yourself into a corner? I have no problem with this wait. See how it shakes out.