Bills meeting with Watson tonight

bills are gonna trade tyrod and #10 and probably another pick this year or next to cleveland for #1 and take whatever QB they fall in love with this weekend. You heard it hear first.

heard it there last,too. Next year's first is what I'm holding out for...

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watson will cost, oooohhhhhh....about $14+ million less a year than Tyrod and might give about equivalent performance...this is a nod to the Salary Cap implications of a QB on a rookie deal versus paying a Veteran.

Actually they would have talked to him no matter what. He is a potentially top 10 pick.

My only opinion on Watson is how well will he translate to the Pro game. Meaning, is he just a great college QB or will he be a franchise guy?

I've listened to Gil Brandt, Mayock and others. They all have similar, but mixed reviews on Watson.

It will be interesting to see which QB goes first. Still think it's Trubisky going first.

Edited by KollegeStudnet

I don't get the angst on this kid. Buffalo message boards were clamoring last year "Wait until next year (2017) Watson is great!" So now that a couple "experts" have issues with him, its wait until next year for a QB AGAIN? The Bills have been doing that crap for too long.

ALL QB's have question marks coming out, ALL of them. This kid just wins period.

I don't get the angst on this kid. Buffalo message boards were clamoring last year "Wait until next year (2017) Watson is great!" So now that a couple "experts" have issues with him, its wait until next year for a QB AGAIN? The Bills have been doing that crap for too long.

ALL QB's have question marks coming out, ALL of them. This kid just wins period.

It's stinks how it's always next year's class but when it's time to pull the trigger that year the next class is better so they should wait. I do like next year's class but I'm all in on this class and DW is my choice, I do also like Kiser but only if they miss out on DW. I'd like to see a QB taken from both classes, 2017-2018 and have them battle out for the franchise roll, then trade the loser. I don't think CJ will be anything but trade bait or a backup at most.

I highly doubt he will give about equivalent performance. Watson is an interception machine Tyrod is the opposite a protector of the Ball. I understand the cap implications but Watson or any QB in this draft is not a starting QB in the NFL. I'd take Cardale any day over Watson so whats the point drafting him if we have Cardale?

Not a Watson fan. Id pass.

You might get the best of both worlds...Draft Watson, watch Cardale, and as a bonus...pleasant memories of good ol' Tyrod.

Yes gotta keep Tyrod huh ?

Dak and Wentz were just fine on day 1.

Wentz flat out sucked the last half of the year. We have been over this repeatedly but here they are again.

Wentz threw less TDs, more ints, lower ypa, lower QB rating, lower QBR, more sack yards, more fumbles, less rushing yards and tds, and played the 26th hardest schedule in the NFL as opposed to the 10th for the Bills.

Wentz was good for the first 3 weeks against the Browns, Bears, and Steelers. He then went for 11 tds and 14 picks over the next 3 games.

I'm not too high on Watson. I think there are some red flags with him. He has some accuracy and decision making issues. He struggled badly under pressure (I read a stat after the 2015 season that he was throwing 1 interception every 16 times he was pressured, and I doubt that improved in 2016 since he threw even more int.). He seemed to struggle with the tighter coverage in the red zone (Clemson was ranked very low in red zone efficiency 2 of his 3 years starting). It seemed to me like he also had trouble going through his route progressions at times and I question how well he sees the whole field.

It's nice that he won a big game against Alabama, but Alabama has struggled with Clemson's offense for years it seems. I don't put much stock into that anyway. I heard the same stuff about EJ Manuel, how he won all 4 of the Bowl games he played in and he played his best under the bright lights. Winning a championship in college just doesn't seem like an important trait for NFL QBs to me. How many QBs who won championships in college have had very successful careers in the NFL? The list seems pretty short to me.

He played in an up tempo, gimmicky college spread offense. He wasn't asked to do a whole lot of what NFL QBs need to do, and I don't think he will be able to get away with some of the stuff he did in college. I really question if he will be a good NFL QB or not.

I just don't see how you can spend a top 10 pick on a QB with so many question marks.

I will obviously support whoever the Buffalo Bills QB is, but Watson would not be my choice.

Wentz flat out sucked the last half of the year. We have been over this repeatedly but here they are again.

Wentz threw less TDs, more ints, lower ypa, lower QB rating, lower QBR, more sack yards, more fumbles, less rushing yards and tds, and played the 26th hardest schedule in the NFL as opposed to the 10th for the Bills.

Wentz was good for the first 3 weeks against the Browns, Bears, and Steelers. He then went for 11 tds and 14 picks over the next 3 games.

I'd take Wentz over Taylor in a nanosecond, as would all NFL gm's no ?

Avatar bet for next season ? Wentz vs Taylor yards/Td's/wins

2 of 3 categories crown the winner. I wanna see that Eagles green every time you post.

Edited by Ryan L Billz