Only 2 Outcomes in 2017 and Possibly Going Forward

11-5+ or 2-14

I really don't want any other outcome than either of these two outcomes and I am hoping that Whaley still has enough power to be micromanaging this season so that when the time comes he can either pull the plug to ensure the 2-14 or add something to help push towards 11-5 or better.

I know this isn't the other sports...but the Bills can definitely make decisions that would help a cause to if the first 5-6 games go a certain way.

Can he really do that? Are fans willing to just give up a season of bad football? How does Russ sell that to season ticket holders?

Short term pains for long term gains?

Rather than "Stuck in the middle with you."

Can he really do that? Are fans willing to just give up a season of bad football? How does Russ sell that to season ticket holders?

Browns just did it.

Don't think they sold tickets, but it happens...

...they just don't call it tanking in the NFL

Edited by Shotgunner

I just don't want any delusional management.

If they are 3-6 and it's been all sound defeats and freaky wins. I don't want to hear about, so and so QB is starting to gel and the defense is getting it's feet under them.

No

If they are 3-6, 2-5 I want Whaley to start removing players from the depth chart to ensure the worst possible record.

We were 0-8 and 8 games away from Cam Newton a few seasons ago. And we blew it.

If buffalo is bad to start the season I want Lyle Williams released or traded, McCoy traded, the QB if he's bad left in to play, rookies starting .

Now if they are 5-3 or 6-4 or 4-2...then I want more done to potentially put them over the top

This topic idea is not a new one. We went a few rounds on it a while ago, but I'm not going to be a dick and try to force this back into an older thread

Look.

Honestly, I think a tank this season is a bad play. It is simply a bad year to try for it. The superior year would be 2018

We have too many contracts that yield us nothing. Dareus, Clay, Hughes and Shady give us nothing. The time when it might give us any profit is 2018 If we want to tank in 2018, keeping Kyle this year does no harm to 2019.

I am not in favor of a tank any year. But tanking this year would be exceptionally stupid.

This topic idea is not a new one. We went a few rounds on it a while ago, but I'm not going to be a dick and try to force this back into an older thread

Look.

Honestly, I think a tank this season is a bad play. It is simply a bad year to try for it. The superior year would be 2018

We have too many contracts that yield us nothing. Dareus, Clay, Hughes and Shady give us nothing. The time when it might give us any profit is 2018 If we want to tank in 2018, keeping Kyle this year does no harm to 2019.

I am not in favor of a tank any year. But tanking this year would be exceptionally stupid.

Would you be in favor of a in season tank? That is more what I am suggesting I would rather see.

I am with you. No full season tank but no making 0-8 a 3-13 either. If this season starts to look terrible let it keep going.

You always have to quiet the fans who the shout..."well San Diego started 0-4 and went to the Super Bowl! Or Dallas started 0-2 and Won the Super Bowl! Or look at the Dolphins this past season."

Yeah I will ignore all those minimal examples and stick to...if they are 2-5 or 1-4 keep it rolling!

Would you be in favor of a in season tank? That is more what I am suggesting I would rather see.

Short answer: No.

Longer answer: If, for some reason, the Bills hit nine losses. Yes. I will back up

I do truly believe that there is no "let's flip a switch and start winning" answer. If so, by now, the Browns would be amazing. You need to have established some success, have moving pieces, and then get lucky by having a solid group prepped on a draft year that nets you fantastic results. The Cowboys (though I hate to say it) are a prime example. They took years of ugly but useful picks, and then had one bad year and got lucky enough to snag a fantastic rookie QB/RB combo.

If we see some good pieces. If we see something that is close to "if we have one or two pieces we are in the running for the Super Bowl every year for the next five years" I can see throwing the rest of the season to finish the job.

I don't see those pieces right now. And like I said, if we are lined for a tank year 2018 is when we can get rid of a lot of money.

With new coaches and new schemes, a slow start is entirely possible, but it doesn't mean better things are not entirely possible. While I'd love a high pick in next year's QB draft, there are other ways to go about it. I'd prefer to trade back this year with an eye toward next year than just suck on purpose. That just doesn't sit well with me.

11-5+ or 2-14

I really don't want any other outcome than either of these two outcomes and I am hoping that Whaley still has enough power to be micromanaging this season so that when the time comes he can either pull the plug to ensure the 2-14 or add something to help push towards 11-5 or better.

I know this isn't the other sports...but the Bills can definitely make decisions that would help a cause to if the first 5-6 games go a certain way.

After the sales job McDermott did to get Kyle to come back next year, I doubt that the 2-14 route is the one they take. Otherwise, he just outright lied to the Dude.