Mike Gillisllee - Combine News

Fixxxer

The Buffalo Bills are meeting with representatives from running back Mike Gillislee and both sides hope to hammer out a long term extension. I’m told the ball carrier, who finished with 577 yards and 8 touchdowns last season, is hopeful he can play in Buffalo the rest of his career.

http://draftanalyst.com/combine-report-32-free-agency-rumors-more

Great news, Dizzy is the perfect change of pace back that could start for a couple of games and not miss a beat.

also, could the Bengals be interested in Gilmore?

Word is the Cincinnati Bengals could use the money they won’t be spending on Kevin Zeitler and use it on a big named cornerback.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gillisle has been more then a pleasant surprise from the day he got to Buffalo. Would love to have him back. The guy is a very decisive runner and doesn't seen to make many negative plays (outside of STs). I do however wonder if bringing him back says something about Jonathan Williams. You would certainly think a guy like Gillislee could be considered an unnecessary luxury, if they had more confidence in Williams.

Gillisle has been more then a pleasant surprise from the day he got to Buffalo. Would love to have him back. The guy is a very decisive runner and doesn't seen to make many negative plays (outside of STs). I do however wonder if bringing him back says something about Jonathan Williams. You would certainly think a guy like Gillislee could be considered an unnecessary luxury, if they had more confidence in Williams.

I thought he was ok when he got moving, but his acceleration left something to be desired.

Fair question, but with the way we went through RB's a couple years ago (like WR last year), I'm hoping we dont have to waste any resources because he's around. He's cheap, and hopefully he can be at least the third guy. Not sure if he's a great #2 though.

Fair question, but with the way we went through RB's a couple years ago (like WR last year), I'm hoping we dont have to waste any resources because he's around. He's cheap, and hopefully he can be at least the third guy. Not sure if he's a great #2 though.

As long as Bush is out, I'm good. At which point last year was having bush better then just bringing back Fred? At least fans would have given Fred a break. A little nastalgia and possibly some short yardage toughness. He probably could have helped show Williams the way a little too as a mentor.

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus

As long as Bush is out, I'm good. At which point last year was having bush better then just bringing back Fred? At least fans would have given Fred a break. A little nastalgia and possibly some short yardage toughness. He probably could have helped show Williams the way a little too as a mentor.

Bush must have had compromising photos of someone. (Rex, is that you?)

Reports are coming out saying Gillislee might get $4 to $5 mil/year.

Seems awfully expensive for a backup running back when your starter makes over $8 mil/year.

OK, THAT would be a lot! Maybe looking longer term? What does Shady cost in cap/dead money after next year?