official Buffalo Bills message board shut down

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone. Another BBMB refugee here! Same username over there. I was going to pick something a little more unique, but I wanted to be able to find my friends...

I still can't believe they closed BBMB. I mean, I get it. It did really go downhill this offseason. It turned into GroundHog Day over there. Same people posing the same things over and over every day...

But it was still a dick move just deleting it out of nowhere. I kept trying to load the page on Wednesday after McDermott spoke at the combine and I just figured that the servers crashed from people going nuts talking about what McDermott had to say. Then I seen yesterday on this page that the BBMB had closed (I've lurked on and off her for a bit) and I was pretty shocked. Oh well, it's dead and gone now.

I was starting to go through message board withdrawal though. Hi, my name is BillsFan4 and I had 2 days clean, but I relapsed today...lol.

It's funny. I kept waiting and waiting to get my verification email to be able to post here and when I still didn't see it today I started searching around for an email address to ask a mod here what was up. Couldn't find one, so I said ah I'll just try to sign in and see what happens, and it worked! I was starting to think they closed the borders over here... Glad you let me in! Thanks!

I've done a lot of reading on this site over the past year but never registered.

I was a BBMB member since 2006 but didn't post a lot simply because most of the people on there were know-it-all-jackasses. Seemed like over the past four months it was the same few posts being started daily by what seemed like the same 20 people.

I personally had a few conversations with the mods over there about the problems and over the last few weeks there was actually one 1 mod who was trying to get things corrected but was met with resistance from the other mods.

Either way it's for the best. There has been much better topics of conversation here.

Yeah it did get tiring having to see 5 different cut/keep Tyrod threads. I'll miss it but at the same time I won't.

Trans, you may want to try the internet archive. prolly not there but worth a check i would think.

man i hate moving.

Thanks Foxxy... good to see you and Larry and Indy (though gotta get used to his new name) and Buffalo716 and actually a buncha the good posters made it over...

I really gotta get used to this. This is my 4th time typing this response and let's see if this goes through without an emoticon...

Anyone feel like this thread should just be renamed "Group Therapy" ?

Thanks Foxxy... good to see you and Larry and Indy (though gotta get used to his new name) and Buffalo716 and actually a buncha the good posters made it over...

I really gotta get used to this. This is my 4th time typing this response and let's see if this goes through without an emoticon...Anyone feel like this thread should just be renamed "Group Therapy" ?

I'm impressed how easy it is to post YouTube vids and whatnot.

Glad you msde it as well, you had some good stuff back on the BBMB.

I won't miss Bruce Smith eating our QB, thread count( averaging over 30 a week),

LOL - all with excellent grammar.

I will NOT miss the never ending draft talk. I get it, the draft is cool, I enjoy it, but folks get so wound up trying to predict something is not predictable outside the first 5 picks. Yeah, i'll pay attention to Mayock's final big board a week before the draft and make a mock draft (1st round only), but talking about some small school steal in the 5th round as an immediate contributor, mock drafts into the 7th round, trying to make a big board, the never ending rumor mill, what a joke. So many clowns who think "watching tape" is watching a 4 minute Youtube clip set to Puddle of Mudd or a Wiz Khalifa mixtape and trying to play wannabe scout. That's not how it works.

Edited by TheElectricCompany

•  

LOL - all with excellent grammar.

I will NOT miss the never ending draft talk. I get it, the draft is cool, I enjoy it, but folks get so wound up trying to predict something is not predictable outside the first 5 picks. Yeah, i'll pay attention to Mayock's final big board a week before the draft and make a mock draft (1st round only), but talking about some small school steal in the 5th round as an immediate contributor, mock drafts into the 7th round, trying to make a big board, the never ending rumor mill, what a joke. So many clowns who think "watching tape" is watching a 4 minute Youtube clip set to Puddle of Mudd or a Wiz Khalifa mixtape and trying to play wannabe scout. That's not how it works. So you're saying you want to compare mock drafts then. Is that it?

So you're saying you want to compare mock drafts. Is that it?

Okay, just kiddin'. I agree that the predictability of the draft is non-existent but I do like the draft talk with regard to learning about prospects because I don't watch much college football.