Free Agents 2017 edition

CommonCents

Just change it Doug. Not sure why it has to be soon. Last thing I want to do is overpay for a WR that is gonna have 35 catches this year. I'm not a big fan of any of these WRs that are making 8 mill a year. They're ok, but I'm sure we can get similar production out of a guy that makes 1/4 of that salary. Sign 2 underpriced free agent vets and draft one in rds 1-3 imo. If Sammy goes down again next year, we're screwed regardless of if we signed someone like Kenny Britt for 8 mill a year.

Yep, unless Watkins somehow stays healthy 16 games, which I doubt.

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate the contracts Garcon and Britt got. Seems like those guys have played their best football and a getting paid for it.

I do think WR is where you can find some diamonds. Other folks have mentioned the names, but I like Hunter / Patterson / Russell Sheppard. Maybe I'm off base but I think all 3 might combine to cost what a guy like Britt does. Patterson and Sheppard can contribute on special teams as well.

It would be really great to drop down a few picks from 10, still get one of Davis or Williams and go into camp with: Watkins / Davis or Williams / Hunter / Patterson / Sheppard / Listenbee / Powell / Lewis. The goal with a WR corps is to build a "basketball team" with guys who do different things. That would be an interesting and diverse group that possesses plenty of upside.

I hate the contracts Garcon and Britt got. Seems like those guys have played their best football and a getting paid for it.

I do think WR is where you can find some diamonds. Other folks have mentioned the names, but I like Hunter / Patterson / Russell Sheppard. Maybe I'm off base but I think all 3 might combine to cost what a guy like Britt does. Patterson and Sheppard can contribute on special teams as well.

It would be really great to drop down a few picks from 10, still get one of Davis or Williams and go into camp with: Watkins / Davis or Williams / Hunter / Patterson / Sheppard / Listenbee / Powell / Lewis. The goal with a WR corps is to build a "basketball team" with guys who do different things. That would be an interesting and diverse group that possesses plenty of upside.

That would be great, but do you think Davis or Williams will fall past 10?

@RapSheet

#AZCardinals made official Chandler Jones’ 5-year, $82.5M contract that includes $53M in guarantees. He averages $17M over the 1st 3 years

@Vikings

We have signed T Riley Reiff. 1f4f0.png: http://mnvkn.gs/Ndib8M

@AaronWilson_NFL

Vikings announce their deal for Riley Reiff. Mike Remmers visiting them today. Will be interesting to see if he makes it out of the building