Thinking of buying a all electric car...thoughts

So sitting at home with no car (since mine was totaled in my accident) has given me a lot of time to research what my next car will be when I do go back to work. I am considering buying a newish Nissan Leaf I have had my I on.

- Almost knew so it would still have manufacture warrenty. I know the single biggest expense if something needed to be repaired would be the battery so I would also buy an extended warranty for that.

- Almost 100 percent of the time I am driving by my self so being a smallish car is not really a factor. I am not a proud person (always trying to get the best mpg car i can find....dont care about how fast it drive or how good it looks)

- Using conservative estimates say a full charge gets 80 miles (I think it gets more) off a full charge. I rarely ever do anything but drive back and forth to my job or around town which is less then 60 miles almost 100 percent of the time

- My job already had the hook ups for electrical vehicles for free

- My garage is already set up so I can do the higher 120 voltage (I think) if it is not I have a friend who is an electrician and does all that type of work around my house is is good at what he does.

- I would like to say that I am doing this for the evironment but I would be lying.....I pay anywhere from 50-70 dollars per week in gas and am looking for ways to fix my budget. I am taking on a increasing amount of financial care for my grand kids so that my daughter can prepare to go to the police academy.

Thoughts?

Nissan Leaf is a real panty dropper.

does the trunk pop open causing you lose your Victoria secret bags while driving?

You joke but those educated millennial liberal feminazi's love an environmentally conscious man.

I thought they loved environmentally conscious WOman

You might not pay for gas but when something breaks in an electric car the price is steep to fix.

You want something cheap that is good on gas and will be easy to fix... Civic.

throw in the money saved on gas may end up just going to pay the extra hydro costs when the car is plugged in over night.

I'd consider it if in a 2 car or more household. There's usually at least one car putzing around town. One car household? Not so sure....rent a car for longer distances? Not worth it to me.