The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

Get Trump! Democrats, Media Go All In On Michael Cohen: Broadcast, Cable News Nets to Air House Hearing Live;

Politico Publishes ‘Bombshell’ Opening Statement
by Kristinn Taylor

Original Article

The major broadcast television networks will air live coverage Wednesday of the Democrat-led House Committee on Oversight and Reform hearing with former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen who has turned on his former client since being targeted by federal prosecutors. The cable news networks will also carry the hearing live in which Cohen will reportedly say of President Trump, “He is a racist. He is a conman. He is a cheat.”

Not quite sure where to put this, so will put it here.If it were true that the MSM is so over the top agasint Trump( i admit they lean left) could it be it is because he continually tells outright lies and mistruths? I mean we just had Republicans saying Cohen can't be trusted because he is a known lier...why should the press believe anything Trump says? 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/03/01/president-ivanka-trumps-egregious-deception-security-clearances/?utm_term=.55c84d38119a

Now,  it sure looks like that apple don't fall far from that  tree ...doesn't it

Ans granted this one semantics..but it matters

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-47408696 

5 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Not quite sure where to put this, so will put it here.If it were true that the MSM is so over the top agasint Trump( i admit they lean left) could it be it is because he continually tells outright lies and mistruths? I mean we just had Republicans saying Cohen can't be trusted because he is a known lier...why should the press believe anything Trump says? 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/03/01/president-ivanka-trumps-egregious-deception-security-clearances/?utm_term=.55c84d38119a

Now,  it sure looks like that apple don't fall far from that  tree ...doesn't it

If your theory is correct, wouldn't the MSM have leaned right after the Obama years, or did were there no county-backsies in 2016? 

5 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

If your theory is correct, wouldn't the MSM have leaned right after the Obama years, or did were there no county-backsies in 2016? 

not quite sure what you mean..but the media has always, and i mean always, leaned left. I don't think anyone can dispute that. I do think they have moved a little furthur left with Trump as POTUS, but man the dude just brings it on himself.

Does it bother you nada that he continually lies? Do you think the press should not dog him every second of every day on every fact and statement he makes based on his record of mistruths?

BTW, and OT..but @Foxx did you reply to my post? I have a notification saying you did, but i do not see anything..and 3rd time that has happened today. Just wanted to know if happening to others etc.

THX

Edited by plenzmd1

8 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

The media took a nap during his term. They need to make up for lost fact checking time.

I actually think people are just nuts over Trump because they forgot that politicians lie constantly.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall
  • Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

BTW, and OT..but @Foxx did you reply to my post? I have a notification saying you did, but i do not see anything..and 3rd time that has happened today. Just wanted to know if happening to others etc.

i did, Plenz. i did however delete it after quickly rereading what you wrote. i conflated what you had in parentheses with the rest of your sentence and thus got the context wrong, so i deleted it.

..."If it were true that the MSM is so over the top agasint Trump( i admit they lean left) could it be it is because he continually tells outright lies and mistruths?..."

what i had said was.... "come on, Plenz. you don't think the media just suddenly turned left do you?"

my bad.

Edited by Foxx

Just now, Foxx said:

i did, Plenz. i did however delete it after quickly rereading what you wrote. i conflated what you had in parentheses with the rest of your sentence and thus got the context wrong, so i deleted it.

..."( i admit they lean left) could it be it is because he continually tells outright lies and mistruths?..."

what i had said was.... "come on, Plenz. you don't think the media just suddenly turned left do you?"

my bad.

TY!!!! just thought maybe the board was having an issue!

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Attempting to override the concerns of intelligence officials is certainly a questionable move.

They have absolutely no say in the matter.  None at all.  The IC neither investigates nor, aside from their own people, adjudicates clearances.  And the President, as the ultimate national authority on national security, is the final adjudicator of clearances.  

I don't support the wilder of DR's conspiracies (I indulge him...which is not the same thing), but this honestly looks more like the disinformation he mentioned yesterday that was coming.  

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I don't think as many people would have an issue with the CNNs, MSNBCs, etc if they only focused on Trump's misstatements and half truths.  But when they actively manufacture outrage (such as using footage from 2014) to frame their coverage of Trump, then it's a completely different story.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

not quite sure what you mean..but the media has always, and i mean always, leaned left. I don't think anyone can dispute that. I do think they have moved a little furthur left with Trump as POTUS, but man the dude just brings it on himself.

Does it bother you nada that he continually lies? Do you think the press should not dog him every second of every day on every fact and statement he makes based on his record of mistruths?

What I meant was if lying was the hot button issue that caused the media to tilt, every president lies, and often spectacularly so. I've long admitted Obama was a smoother liar than Trump, but if the benchmark was "the president lied, so we're leaning the opposite way" then the media should have moved to the right after 8 years of Obama lies. 

But you raise a good point, that the media already swings left, and seems 100% comfortable reporting to support the left--it offers me very little of value. In fact, the link you sent has the WaPo reporting on this major security issue with no evidence supporting their allegation other than a cite to  a NYT report and another WaPo story. 

Wouldn't you like to see some evidence? A statement from Kelly, acknowledgement of the transaction, a leaked document or something? They report a memo exists, where is it? The NYT story is no better. Lots of unnamed sources but little else. 

As a woke person, I see no reason to trust without verifying. 

To answer your question on lying, I'm no more or less bothered by it than I ever was with any past president. It's part of the job, and I see no point in squabbling over who's candidate is a nicer, smoother liar than someone elses. 

Your thoughts on past lies and why they were better? 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

What I meant was if lying was the hot button issue that caused the media to tilt, every president lies, and often spectacularly so. I've long admitted Obama was a smoother liar than Trump, but if the benchmark was "the president lied, so we're leaning the opposite way" then the media should have moved to the right after 8 years of Obama lies. 

But you raise a good point, that the media already swings left, and seems 100% comfortable reporting to support the left--it offers me very little of value. In fact, the link you sent has the WaPo reporting on this major security issue with no evidence supporting their allegation other than a cite to  a NYT report and another WaPo story. 

Wouldn't you like to see some evidence? A statement from Kelly, acknowledgement of the transaction, a leaked document or something? They report a memo exists, where is it? The NYT story is no better. Lots of unnamed sources but little else. 

As a woke person, I see no reason to trust without verifying. 

To answer your question on lying, I'm no more or less bothered by it than I ever was with any past president. It's part of the job, and I see no point in squabbling over who's candidate is a nicer, smoother liar than someone elses. 

Your thoughts on past lies and why they were better? 

all good points and I agree that certainly the very definition of politician prolly contains language that lying is a requirement.

That being said, i think the frequency and sheer number is what bothers so many folks, me included. There is hardly a day goes by that dude does not get fact-checked into a mistruth.

It is the press's job to root those out..and for Trump it is a daily occurance 

26 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

They have absolutely no say in the matter.  None at all.  The IC neither investigates nor, aside from their own people, adjudicates clearances.  And the President, as the ultimate national authority on national security, is the final adjudicator of clearances.  

I don't support the wilder of DR's conspiracies (I indulge him...which is not the same thing), but this honestly looks more like the disinformation he mentioned yesterday that was coming.  

can't believe anything that whacko @Deranged Rhino says!!!!

Agree on the President and clearances, although the interview with Haberman he indicates he did not know that to be the case( and neither did I, so, unfortunately, i am as dumb as Trump)

If the memos come out, we will know what happened with certainty. Not sure how they would come out, but plenty of leakers in the administration.

Funny, that just made me remember Mulvaney saying a couple of weeks ago the leaker of the schedule was about to be outed..did that ever happen?

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

all good points and I agree that certainly the very definition of politician prolly contains language that lying is a requirement.

That being said, i think the frequency and sheer number is what bothers so many folks, me included. There is hardly a day goes by that dude does not get fact-checked into a mistruth.

It is the press's job to root those out..and for Trump it is a daily occurance 

Many people were bothered by the lies of past presidents, but absent the left-leaning media yammering incessantly on about it, those who trust the MSM don't hear about it. Its 

As for "your guy lies worse than my guy," it bores me.  Anyone wanting to debate the relative morality of Trump after watching Obama, Bush, Clinton has no high moral high ground at all. Their standard respone is a lot of foot stomping and then "I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT OBAMA..." which ends the conversation as far as I am concerned.

I prefer to focus on the policies implememted that match my values and view of the world.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

can't believe anything that whacko @Deranged Rhino says!!!!

Agree on the President and clearances, although the interview with Haberman he indicates he did not know that to be the case( and neither did I, so, unfortunately, i am as dumb as Trump)

If the memos come out, we will know what happened with certainty. Not sure how they would come out, but plenty of leakers in the administration.

Funny, that just made me remember Mulvaney saying a couple of weeks ago the leaker of the schedule was about to be outed..did that ever happen?

They're keeping it under wraps.