The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

7 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

You were trying to equate conservatives being upset during Obama's years with progressives being upset in Trump's first two years. There is simply no comparison where the right comes even within a whisker of being as uncontrollably unhinged as they've been for the past two years. 

The right was protesting serious items. The left protesting ice cream and laughing about how Trump's picture comes up if you google the word Idiot.

Not even close to how embarrassing the progressives have become.

We could go back and forth with examples of anecdotal moments that should embarass people on both ends of the political spectrum.  Keep pretending you are above the fray, when you are clearly bathing in it.  Is protesting ice cream flavors (not even sure what you are referring to there) any different than the "freedom fries" idiocy?  Sure, it is funny/stupid,   but people on the right (a handful) thought of this as a real issue... social media has changed  the way we discuss politics in an absurd way, and this stuff gets perpetuated by your Facebook feed....and a lot of it is just rooted in humor.  But, make no mistake, people on the left are protesting serious issues too...

Edited by Buftex

5 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

You were trying to equate conservatives being upset during Obama's years with progressives being upset in Trump's first two years. There is simply no comparison where the right comes even within a whisker of being as uncontrollably unhinged as they've been for the past two years. 

The right was protesting serious items. The left protesting ice cream and laughing about how Trump's picture comes up if you google the word Idiot.

Not even close to how embarrassing the progressives have become.

I would consider the following protests since Trump's inauguration serious protests if it means that much to somebody regardless of how you or I feel about the issue: the policy of separating children from illegal immigrant parents at the border, an immigration ban from some Muslim majority countries, purposefully killing the ACA by any means possible without actually repealing and replacing it, lifting the ban on importing some lion and elephant trophies, and objecting to the construction of oil pipelines.  There's protests planned this week across the country by labor unions of Trump's executive order limiting union work on government time. How are these protests any different than protesting government spending, taxes, ACA, etc... under Obama?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I would consider the following protests since Trump's inauguration serious protests if it means that much to somebody regardless of how you or I feel about the issue: the policy of separating children from illegal immigrant parents at the border, an immigration ban from some Muslim majority countries, purposefully killing the ACA by any means possible without actually repealing and replacing it, lifting the ban on importing some lion and elephant trophies, and objecting to the construction of oil pipelines.  There's protests planned this week across the country by labor unions of Trump's executive order limiting union work on government time. How are these protests any different than protesting government spending, taxes, ACA, etc... under Obama?

Because they’re dwarfed by idiots in kitty hats and vagina costumes?

6 hours ago, Buftex said:

We could go back and forth with examples of anecdotal moments that should embarass people on both ends of the political spectrum.  Keep pretending you are above the fray, when you are clearly bathing in it.  Is protesting ice cream flavors (not even sure what you are referring to there) any different than the "freedom fries" idiocy?  Sure, it is funny/stupid,   but people on the right (a handful) thought of this as a real issue... social media has changed  the way we discuss politics in an absurd way, and this stuff gets perpetuated by your Facebook feed....and a lot of it is just rooted in humor.  But, make no mistake, people on the left are protesting serious issues too...

1) going back and forth with examples is the symptom.  The cause is what we are discussing.  Why it's ok for Clinton to lie under oath, why it's ok for Bush to be given terrible advice on the war after consulting the sky fairy, why Obama sought to divide us, why Trump attacks with such venom to elicit a response...  All of that is a problem. It's not right. It's not left.  It's the consumer and when folks, especially those like you, cast aside a political bias and say enough than we will have a chance to get them out of there and hold them accountable to do their god damn job. And, I'm looking at those in Congress first!

2) social media has brought to light the voices which were not heard; you not recognizing that people cared about blacks being shot because they dindunuffin (but point a gun at an officer after trying to run him over after robbing a liquor store) or that Bocephus the $9.75/hr finishing framer got on Facebook to complain he was losing his job and pension to some company overseas exposing himself as a completely ignorant/bigoted fool, or Hernando up in Harlem crying be doesn't make enough money on $40k a year to take care of his 5 kids at some racial protest of McDonald's because his family was asked to leave after one kid started a fight with another, or some political appointee being pulled over by police for driving 15 over and running a red light then claiming police were rude to her when she wouldn't treat the officer professionally...

!@#$s have always existed. Just because they have a bigger stage doesn't mean we need to give them more attention.  Look at Gatorbait, Tiberius and all of those here who seek to only disrupt the flow.

Ignore the !@#$s. Don't give them the time of day.  You'd be amazed at the joy you'll find.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Look at Gatorbait, Tiberius and all of those here who seek to only disrupt the flow.

Ignore the !@#$s. Don't give them the time of day.  You'd be amazed at the joy you'll find.

It’s funny you took the time to write that huge pile of **** you call a post, even more hilarious is that you probably thought it was a good one. 

What flow am I disrupting? I post once or twice a week max. Usually I just come on here to read and learn about stuff I hardly know anything about. I’ve never ignored anyone because I don’t believe in censoring people’s speech. Even stupid speech, like from the inbreed Boyst. 

1 minute ago, gatorbait said:

It’s funny you took the time to write that huge pile of **** you call a post, even more hilarious is that you probably thought it was a good one. 

What flow am I disrupting? I post once or twice a week max. Usually I just come on here to read and learn about stuff I hardly know anything about. I’ve never ignored anyone because I don’t believe in censoring people’s speech. Even stupid speech, like from the inbreed Boyst. 

Learn some grammar ya wanker

It's inbread.

1c8.jpg

7 hours ago, Buftex said:

How do you explain Antifa? Why would liberals want them representing them in any way? Do you condon their actions? I've yet to hear anyone on the left denounce them for the terrorist group they are. 

Liberals don’t commit violence or tell lies!!!!!’ We are so righteous!!!!!!

(we then list a pile to the moon when both were done)

well conservatives did it too!!!!!!!!

10 hours ago, Buftex said:

I bet you can't name 10 serious issues from the left's perspective. Make sure to make them issues that the right is opposed to. I thank you in advance for your inability to do so.

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

It all comes down to this these days...

the-msm.jpg

Your stamina and capacity is amazing, nobody predicted you liberals would be this silly and stupid into the end of July 2018...

Edited by row_33

14 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

1) going back and forth with examples is the symptom.  The cause is what we are discussing.  Why it's ok for Clinton to lie under oath, why it's ok for Bush to be given terrible advice on the war after consulting the sky fairy, why Obama sought to divide us, why Trump attacks with such venom to elicit a response...  All of that is a problem. It's not right. It's not left.  It's the consumer and when folks, especially those like you, cast aside a political bias and say enough than we will have a chance to get them out of there and hold them accountable to do their god damn job. And, I'm looking at those in Congress first!

2) social media has brought to light the voices which were not heard; you not recognizing that people cared about blacks being shot because they dindunuffin (but point a gun at an officer after trying to run him over after robbing a liquor store) or that Bocephus the $9.75/hr finishing framer got on Facebook to complain he was losing his job and pension to some company overseas exposing himself as a completely ignorant/bigoted fool, or Hernando up in Harlem crying be doesn't make enough money on $40k a year to take care of his 5 kids at some racial protest of McDonald's because his family was asked to leave after one kid started a fight with another, or some political appointee being pulled over by police for driving 15 over and running a red light then claiming police were rude to her when she wouldn't treat the officer professionally...

!@#$s have always existed. Just because they have a bigger stage doesn't mean we need to give them more attention.  Look at Gatorbait, Tiberius and all of those here who seek to only disrupt the flow.

I don't think those are the !@#$s that need to be ingored...thanks for re-affirming my point.

Edited by Buftex