Tyrod Taylor passed the physical

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You realize a big part of the oline's protection problem was Tyrod, who has one of the highest snap to throw times in the NFL, right?

And you're complaining about a rookie throwing 3,600 yards with 23 tds to 4 INTs? I don't hate Tyrod at all. I wish he was younger and bigger. But I struggle to see his upside. He wasn't a good passer in college (under 60%). He surprised teams in 2015, teams got more film on him, & he got worse. Shorter qbs who aren't proficient passers don't last long as good starters.

Sure, there was some of that. There were also times where he miraculously got out of unblocked pressure. Olineman can be graded out separately from the QB play. We have some that are better at run blocking than pass protection.

You're right. Dick Jauron's 7-9 teams were loaded with talent. I hated Rex since last year but people need to act like the defense was all time terrible. They are slightly below average and our offense would stall big time in games.

You could start for the Bills and they probably go 7-9. Tyrod isn't a big effort difference maker to pay him big bucks. Find something better and don't settle until you do. Tyrod is settling.

It's only settling if you reject something clearly better. In this case "settling" is doing the smart thing, not rolling the dice on a bunch of long shots.

You're right. Dick Jauron's 7-9 teams were loaded with talent. I hated Rex since last year but people need to act like the defense was all time terrible. They are slightly below average and our offense would stall big time in games.

You could start for the Bills and they probably go 7-9. Tyrod isn't a big effort difference maker to pay him big bucks. Find something better and don't settle until you do. Tyrod is settling.

And yet:

2015 2016

Offense DVOA Rank 9 10

Defense DVOA Rank 24 26

Wake me when he throws for more that 4,000 yards, Ryan's minimum of acceptable QB play.

Who missed more games, Dez or Sammy? Bills WR's were a complete disaster for most of the year.

Yes, Dallas has the best Oline in football and was far superior to ours in pass protection last year.

And somehow, Shady's success has become a knock on Tyrod. So I guess the same can be said for Zeke.

Look, I don't love Tyrod, I just hate all the nonsense posts on the subject. I think if you switch Tyrod and Dak last year, there is very little difference in the teams records.

What in the world ? You mean Walt Powell would have had 30 catches and Charles Clay would eat on 3rd down? Have you ever seen Dak play ? He reads defenses and dinks and dunks like a boss

Shady had success way way before Tyrod Taylor graced a football field fwiw.

it is hard for a 1 to reach for a 3.

Good one ! Edited by Ryan L Billz

Curious. So as long as a QB costs you less, you're fine with him playing worse than Taylor?

No I said he needs to be as good as Taylor, far from franchise level like you claimed

My take is not hard to follow. Foles will be about as good as Tyrod, or even better, with less investment

Edited by 2018 Our Year For Sure

Come on now....if yu want to be taken seriously

No I said he needs to be as good as Taylor, far from franchise level like you claimed

My take is not hard to follow. Foles will be about as good as Tyrod, or even better, with less investment

and how exactly would you even know this

... And the war drum beats on.

I am not the biggest Tyrod fan, but the reality is that he is better than anything we'll be able to get this offseason, minus maybe cousins. Even then it would cost a king's ransom to get him after he signs the franchise tender with the Skins. Same could be said about Watson as he'll be gone by the Bills draft. Other names linked with the Bills are less inspiring, such Alex Smith and Romo.

If the team did this well with the 7th ranked team in scoring with Tyrod. Maybe if we added talent to the defense (or coached them up right), the team could do better than 8-8.

That is correct. TT is the best available option for winning now. The smart move is to build on what we already have.

COME ON. Can we PLEASE stop with this miserly "this guy is the same but cheaper" argument, it's ridiculous and it's a terrible terrible option. One guy has been playing with the same Oline and skills players for two seasons. It's ridiculous to believe that, all things being even, familiarity with the players around you isn't a huge leg up on someone else of "similar" talent. The "bring in a mid-level bridge guy" argument is pure hokum and it's the type of thinking that has had this franchised mired in the suck zone for almost two decades. You either upgrade the position with Romo (which will not happen), you keep Tyrod, or you clear the board and start Cardale or a rookie.

Edited by ndirish1978

COME ON. Can we PLEASE stop with this miserly "this guy is the same but cheaper" argument, it's ridiculous and it's a terrible terrible option. One guy has been playing with the same Oline and skills players for two seasons. It's ridiculous to believe that, all things being even, familiarity with the players around you isn't a huge leg up on someone else of "similar" talent. The "bring in a mid-level bridge guy" argument is pure hokum and it's the type of thinking that has had this franchised mired in the suck zone for almost two decades. You either upgrade the position with Romo (which will not happen), you keep Tyrod, or you clear the board and start Cardale or a rookie.

I prefer bringing in a bridge guy to over paying a bridge guy. I like the emotion though!

I like Tyrod as a person, he seems like a solid guy and I appreciate the commitment he has shown to this team throughout a time when the team has shown no commitment to him. That said, I'm fine whether he stays or goes, he's not a gamechanger at this point in his career.

So, this is all getting too confusing...could the "Tyrod passed the physical" news lead to the possible filing of grievance against the Bills? Not sure if this is Florio stirring the pot, or if he has heard something...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/22/bills-clearance-of-tyrod-taylor-sets-stage-for-possible-grievance/

Edited by Buftex

So, this is all getting too confusing...could the "Tyrod passed the physical" news lead to the possible filing of grievance against the Bills? Not sure if this is Florio stirring the pot, or if he has heard something...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/22/bills-clearance-of-tyrod-taylor-sets-stage-for-possible-grievance/

All Florio does is stir things up. His website is as much gossip and opinion as it is news now.

One time I was in southwest Indiana on business and I was real thirsty.

I went to the hotel bar and it was full of 3's. I had my two drinks and went back to bed.

I didn't settle for best available.

You should've stopped by the Applebee's.