Tyrod Taylor passed the physical

... And the war drum beats on.

I am not the biggest Tyrod fan, but the reality is that he is better than anything we'll be able to get this offseason, minus maybe cousins. Even then it would cost a king's ransom to get him after he signs the franchise tender with the Skins. Same could be said about Watson as he'll be gone by the Bills draft. Other names linked with the Bills are less inspiring, such Alex Smith and Romo.

If the team did this well with the 7th ranked team in scoring with Tyrod. Maybe if we added talent to the defense (or coached them up right), the team could do better than 8-8.

There is no truth to this, nobody knows. Pure speculation.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no truth to this, nobody knows. Pure speculation.

You might also have a winning powerball ticket.

There was zero chance ever that he was going to fail a physical over a sports hernia, even if he didn't have surgery.

No news here.

It was pretty big news 6 weeks ago, wasn't it?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Keep telling yourself he is good, you and a bunch of others gonna be disappointed.

I have some waterfront property in Florida for sale, you interested?

Thinking Foles or some half-baked rookie are going to play at a franchise level is crazier.

It was no more factual then. The issue of "he might not pass a physical" may have been worth discussion, but it was not realistic.

It was treated as the story of the century.

Keep telling yourself he is good, you and a bunch of others gonna be disappointed.

I have some waterfront property in Florida for sale, you interested?

Most of the fans who want to keep Tyrod don't actually think he's good. We just think he's better than other available options and ought to keep him until we do find someone better.

There are a couple counter arguments that make some sense.

1. Cut Tyrod to free up cap space to sign a better FA QB - or trade for a better QB. But this only makes sense if there's an available QB out there you want. I personally don't see one.

2. Cut Tyrod and tank the season in order to draft high next year's draft. This is dangerous and irresponsible. We still might not get a good QB. And to tank this season requires us to jettison all our talented vets to make our team complete crap. So even if we did successfully draft a good QB next season, they'd be surrounded by the lousy players who couldn't win the year before. We'd still be a losing franchise.

I personally think it makes more sense to try to win now with Tyrod while looking for his eventual replacement in the draft either this year or next, or both.

... And the war drum beats on.

I am not the biggest Tyrod fan, but the reality is that he is better than anything we'll be able to get this offseason, minus maybe cousins. Even then it would cost a king's ransom to get him after he signs the franchise tender with the Skins. Same could be said about Watson as he'll be gone by the Bills draft. Other names linked with the Bills are less inspiring, such Alex Smith and Romo.

If the team did this well with the 7th ranked team in scoring with Tyrod. Maybe if we added talent to the defense (or coached them up right), the team could do better than 8-8.

What a concept, Coaching might be the answer.

Most of the fans who want to keep Tyrod don't actually think he's good. We just think he's better than other available options and ought to keep him until we do find someone better.

1. Cut Tyrod to free up cap space to sign a better FA QB - or trade for a better QB. But this only makes sense if there's an available QB out there you want. I personally don't see one.

2. Cut Tyrod and tank the season in order to draft high next year's draft. This is dangerous and irresponsible. We still might not get a good QB. And to tank this season requires us to jettison all our talented vets to make our team complete crap. So even if we did successfully draft a good QB next season, they'd be surrounded by the lousy players who couldn't win the year before. We'd still be a losing franchise.

I personally think it makes more sense to try to win now with Tyrod while looking for his eventual replacement in the draft either this year or next, or both.

Another voice of reason.

Good layout but then there's this:

EJ & Thad - 6 wins

Orton & EJ - 9 wins

JP - 7 wins

Fitz - 6 wins

Trent - 7 wins

Tyrod - 7 & 8 wins

Again, team stat, but what's more likely: Bills don't make the playoffs or Tyrod leads us there? We win 6 to 8 games no matter who the qb is. How many games has Tyrod really "won" for us?

Why not save the money, let a young guy play, hope you stumble into something, or worst case scenario, hit rock bottom and go 2-14? I've seen too many Tyrod games of him struggling to make basic passes to pay him big money that could be used in a much better way.

Thinking Foles or some half-baked rookie are going to play at a franchise level is crazier.

No, it really wasn't.

Was Dak Prescott a half baked rookie ?

How baked are Jameis, Mariota, and Wentz ?

What a take.

There's no Mariota, Wentz or Jameis in this draft. Why bring them up?

Don't know which of the 100 QB threads to put this in but: https://theringer.com/available-qbs-2017-free-agent-draft-tyrod-taylor-kirk-cousins-82b2f3b04844#.v69wx6t3r

I figured it would make for interesting discussion.

Pretty interesting analysis in the article. By the end I had to cover my eyes at the names. Personally, I would put Taylor ahead of Romo. I'm a fan of Romo, but the injury question really scares me off. Most of our analysis always seems to go to TT is average without discussion of future potential. It remains to be seen, but I believe we have reason to think TT can play better and quite possiby will. I don't think David Lee was the guy to get it out of him. Hopefully, the new staff will be the ones to cure some of this cureable issues.

Good layout but then there's this:

EJ & Thad - 6 wins

Orton & EJ - 9 wins

JP - 7 wins

Fitz - 6 wins

Trent - 7 wins

Tyrod - 7 & 8 wins

Again, team stat, but what's more likely: Bills don't make the playoffs or Tyrod leads us there? We win 6 to 8 games no matter who the qb is. How many games has Tyrod really "won" for us?

Why not save the money, let a young guy play, hope you stumble into something, or worst case scenario, hit rock bottom and go 2-14? I've seen too many Tyrod games of him struggling to make basic passes to pay him big money that could be used in a much better way.

NO

Haha, Tyrod is no more "franchise level" than was Fitz, JP, EJ, Trent etc.

Tyrod, franchise level, that's funny!

Who are the Bills replacing him with? Tony Romo isn't coming to Buffalo. Mitch Trubisky? Cardale Jones? it's purely laughable

We have a top 3 RB. We have a top 5 oline. We have a guy who has the talent to be a top 10 wr. We have a TE who looked really good playing with Tannehill.

This would be a good spot for a qb to step into. Would our record be any different if we had 4th round rookie Prescott last year instead of Tyrod? If anything, we may have won more games because Dak is already a better passer than Tyrod. And he was a 4th round rookie who plays without Dez for chucks of time.

No, it really wasn't.

There's no Mariota, Wentz or Jameis in this draft. Why bring them up?

Ok Mel Kiper Jr.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000785960/article/the-book-on-mitch-trubisky-scouting-polarizing-unc-qb%3FnetworkId%3D4595%26site%3D.news%26zone%3Dstory%26zoneUrl%3Durl%253Dstory%26zoneKeys%3Ds1%253Dstory%26env%3D%26pageKeyValues%3Dprtnr%253Dcollege-football%253Bteam%253Darz%253Bteam%253Dclv%253Bteam%253Dchi%253Bconf%253Dnfc%253Bconf%253Dafc%253Bdvsn%253Dncw%253Bdvsn%253Dacn%253Bdvsn%253Dncn%253Bplyr%253Dderek_carr%253Bplyr%253Dalexander_smith%26p.ct%3DCFB%2B24%252F7%26p.adsm%3Dfalse%26p.tcm%3D%2523ffffff%26p.bgc1m%3D%2523000000%26sr%3Damp?client=safari

"After finishing with the fifth-highest completion rate in the FBS and shattering several North Carolina passing records in 2016, Mitch Trubisky is poised to make a meteoric rise from being a backup quarterback in 2015 to a top pick in the 2017 draft. The third-team All ACC selection set single-season school records in passing yards (3,748), completions (304), total offense (4,056) and touchdown passes (30) while displaying a polished game that is ideally suited for the NFL.

In fact, Trubisky's impressive natural talents have led many evaluators to ignore his limited experience (13 career starts) to anoint him as the No. 1 quarterback prospect in the 2017 class. Considering how one-year wonders have struggled making the transition to the NFL (see Mark Sanchez), there's still a bit of trepidation surrounding the North Carolina star despite his immense talent and potential. With that in mind, I think it's time to crack open the book on the junior quarterback.

"Call me crazy but I see a little Derek Carr in his game. From the poise, decisiveness and quick delivery to the precision passing and athleticism, he looks like the real deal. ... The inexperience bothers me and I can't stop wondering why he couldn't beat out Marquise Williams (for the starting job in 2014-15)." -- AFC senior personnel executive

"He has all of the tools. I like his arm talent, arm strength, and athleticism. He is the prototypical quarterback that you draw up. ... I just worry about the one-year wonder deal and the fact that he couldn't beat out Marquise Williams for two years. I don't care what anyone says. If he was (that good), he should've been able to win the starting job. There's something wrong with that!" -- AFC scout

"I like Trubisky's skills. He can make all of the throws and move around. I'm a little worried about his lack of experience, though. He hasn't played in enough games to really know what he will become as a pro." -- AFC college scouting director

"He definitely has skills. He can make all of the throws and do everything that coaches want to see. Plus, he is athletic enough to make things happen on the move. ... My main concern is the inexperience and his leadership skills. I don't know if he has the 'it' factor. I've never really seen him display any emotion or rally his guys when I've been at games." -- AFC scout

Who are the Bills replacing him with? Tony Romo isn't coming to Buffalo. Mitch Trubisky?

Please god please. Money Mitch all day long !