Tyrod Taylor passed the physical

We have a top 3 RB. We have a top 5 oline. We have a guy who has the talent to be a top 10 wr. We have a TE who looked really good playing with Tannehill.

This would be a good spot for a qb to step into. Would our record be any different if we had 4th round rookie Prescott last year instead of Tyrod? If anything, we may have won more games because Dak is already a better passer than Tyrod. And he was a 4th round rookie who plays without Dez for chucks of time.

Dak has the best O-Line and the best RB in the NFL. He also has a coach who is committed to the position. Rex wasn't committed to developing a QB at all. Maybe we would've been better with Dak that's completely hypothetical though. The thing is, we wouldn't even be a 7-9 or 8-8 team without Tyrod. We probably would've only won 2-3 games at the very best.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dak has the best O-Line and the best RB in the NFL. He also has a coach who is committed to the position. Rex wasn't committed to developing a QB at all. Maybe we would've been better with Dak that's completely hypothetical though. The thing is, we wouldn't even be a 7-9 or 8-8 team without Tyrod. We probably would've only won 2-3 games at the very best.

Based on what ? McCoy carrying him on his back ?

Agree to disagree.

Trevor Simien passed for more yards in less games for petes sake.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Good layout but then there's this:

EJ & Thad - 6 wins

Orton & EJ - 9 wins

JP - 7 wins

Fitz - 6 wins

Trent - 7 wins

Tyrod - 7 & 8 wins

Again, team stat, but what's more likely: Bills don't make the playoffs or Tyrod leads us there? We win 6 to 8 games no matter who the qb is. How many games has Tyrod really "won" for us?

Why not save the money, let a young guy play, hope you stumble into something, or worst case scenario, hit rock bottom and go 2-14? I've seen too many Tyrod games of him struggling to make basic passes to pay him big money that could be used in a much better way.

Because I experienced this and don't want to ever again

Ok Mel Kiper Jr.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000785960/article/the-book-on-mitch-trubisky-scouting-polarizing-unc-qb%3FnetworkId%3D4595%26site%3D.news%26zone%3Dstory%26zoneUrl%3Durl%253Dstory%26zoneKeys%3Ds1%253Dstory%26env%3D%26pageKeyValues%3Dprtnr%253Dcollege-football%253Bteam%253Darz%253Bteam%253Dclv%253Bteam%253Dchi%253Bconf%253Dnfc%253Bconf%253Dafc%253Bdvsn%253Dncw%253Bdvsn%253Dacn%253Bdvsn%253Dncn%253Bplyr%253Dderek_carr%253Bplyr%253Dalexander_smith%26p.ct%3DCFB%2B24%252F7%26p.adsm%3Dfalse%26p.tcm%3D%2523ffffff%26p.bgc1m%3D%2523000000%26sr%3Damp?client=safari

"After finishing with the fifth-highest completion rate in the FBS and shattering several North Carolina passing records in 2016, Mitch Trubisky is poised to make a meteoric rise from being a backup quarterback in 2015 to a top pick in the 2017 draft. The third-team All ACC selection set single-season school records in passing yards (3,748), completions (304), total offense (4,056) and touchdown passes (30) while displaying a polished game that is ideally suited for the NFL.

In fact, Trubisky's impressive natural talents have led many evaluators to ignore his limited experience (13 career starts) to anoint him as the No. 1 quarterback prospect in the 2017 class. Considering how one-year wonders have struggled making the transition to the NFL (see Mark Sanchez), there's still a bit of trepidation surrounding the North Carolina star despite his immense talent and potential. With that in mind, I think it's time to crack open the book on the junior quarterback.

"Call me crazy but I see a little Derek Carr in his game. From the poise, decisiveness and quick delivery to the precision passing and athleticism, he looks like the real deal. ... The inexperience bothers me and I can't stop wondering why he couldn't beat out Marquise Williams (for the starting job in 2014-15)." -- AFC senior personnel executive

"He has all of the tools. I like his arm talent, arm strength, and athleticism. He is the prototypical quarterback that you draw up. ... I just worry about the one-year wonder deal and the fact that he couldn't beat out Marquise Williams for two years. I don't care what anyone says. If he was (that good), he should've been able to win the starting job. There's something wrong with that!" -- AFC scout

"I like Trubisky's skills. He can make all of the throws and move around. I'm a little worried about his lack of experience, though. He hasn't played in enough games to really know what he will become as a pro." -- AFC college scouting director

"He definitely has skills. He can make all of the throws and do everything that coaches want to see. Plus, he is athletic enough to make things happen on the move. ... My main concern is the inexperience and his leadership skills. I don't know if he has the 'it' factor. I've never really seen him display any emotion or rally his guys when I've been at games." -- AFC scout

Please god please. Money Mitch all day long !

lol Money Mitch.....that is a killer nickname, I can't even hate on that haha. Yeah I'm not too big on him just like you stated, just for the experience. I'd rather draft a QB with larger volume of work. I wouldn't be opposed to the Bills drafting a QB this year. I think the thing of it is, they actually have to put a valiant effort into developing a QB and this organization has not shown that commitment over the past 17 years. At the least, keeping Tyrod this year would be to the teams best interest.

Good layout but then there's this:

EJ & Thad - 6 wins

Orton & EJ - 9 wins

JP - 7 wins

Fitz - 6 wins

Trent - 7 wins

Tyrod - 7 & 8 wins

Again, team stat, but what's more likely: Bills don't make the playoffs or Tyrod leads us there? We win 6 to 8 games no matter who the qb is. How many games has Tyrod really "won" for us?

Why not save the money, let a young guy play, hope you stumble into something, or worst case scenario, hit rock bottom and go 2-14? I've seen too many Tyrod games of him struggling to make basic passes to pay him big money that could be used in a much better way.

Maybe Tyrod didn't win a lot of games for us. But last year, the D lost us a lot of games. We had a chance to make the playoffs with a decent D, despite Taylor's flaws.

Does Tyrod play like a SB QB? Of course not. But watching Cardale in the season finale scared the heck out of me. I'd hate to see him line up under center this upcoming season. You have to start winning to build a winning culture and Tyrod will win more games than Cardale.

I see the other point of view, but I'd rather go 8-8 or 9-7 and extend the streak than 2-14 with the bonus of a high draft position. We have the #10 pick this year. A lot of good NFL QBs have been picked #10 or later.

And I actually think MAYBE this team could eke into the playoffs with TT as QB with our new coaching staff.

Edited by hondo in seattle

Your takes are so bad because they are not consistent. Ever look at Dak's stats? Who carried him?

Huh? Dez missed 4 games & was playing hurt in a bunch more. Dak had better numbers than Tyrod has ever had as a rookie.

The Cowboys have the best oline in the NFL but let's not pretend like our talent is that much worse. This is a talent group that Tyrod played with.

Foles is way less investment than Tyrod. So he doesn't need to be anywhere close to franchise level for the Bills to benefit by switching, he just needs to be as good as Taylor.

Curious. So as long as a QB costs you less, you're fine with him playing worse than Taylor? Also what do you expect Foles will be paid? It might be way more than you think.

Maybe Tyrod didn't win a lot of games for us. But last year, the D lost us a lot of games. We had a chance to make the playoffs with a decent D, despite Taylor's flaws.

Does Tyrod play like a SB QB? Of course not. But watching Cardale in the season finale scared the heck out of me. I'd hate to see him line up under center this upcoming season. You have to start winning to build a winning culture and Tyrod will win more games than Cardale.

I see the other point of view, but I'd rather go 8-8 or 9-7 and extend the streak than 2-14 with the bonus of a high draft position. We have the #10 pick this year. A lot of good NFL QBs have been picked #10 or later.

I don't disagree with you completely. But it goes both ways. Defense deserves to win the Baltimore game and Tyrod was awful. Defense won the Cincy game where Tyrod was awful. Defeense got worn out in Miami where our offense consistently went 3 and out.

Tyrod is an average to below average starter. I know you can do much worse but you can also do much better. And I hate the idea of losing a lot of games. But it is much better to go 2-14 or 3-13 than 7-9 or 8-8. Moral victories get you nothing in NFL. For example, what did beating Kellen Moore get us two years ago? A lower draft pick which could have been a guy like Taylor Decker.

Haha, Tyrod is no more "franchise level" than was Fitz, JP, EJ, Trent etc.

Tyrod, franchise level, that's funny!

What's really funny is people thinking Taylor is some kind of disaster at QB, and believe signing some castoff reject will result in magical improvement. It's almost as if a certain segment of posters really want the Bills to suck.

This doesn't tell us anything.

Since when is football 1 on 1?

QB plays a big part in the outcome of games, but they aren't the end all.... it's like people forgot our defense sucked balls the past two years. And Rex Ryan.

They don't like Tyrods unconventional play.

He occasionally misses open receivers and doesn't throw for over 300 yards. But as talked about ad nauseum, if the end result is the same who gives a !@#$?

You're right. Dick Jauron's 7-9 teams were loaded with talent. I hated Rex since last year but people need to act like the defense was all time terrible. They are slightly below average and our offense would stall big time in games.

You could start for the Bills and they probably go 7-9. Tyrod isn't a big effort difference maker to pay him big bucks. Find something better and don't settle until you do. Tyrod is settling.

Huh? Dez missed 4 games & was playing hurt in a bunch more. Dak had better numbers than Tyrod has ever had as a rookie.

The Cowboys have the best oline in the NFL but let's not pretend like our talent is that much worse. This is a talent group that Tyrod played with.

Wake me when he throws for more that 4,000 yards, Ryan's minimum of acceptable QB play.

Who missed more games, Dez or Sammy? Bills WR's were a complete disaster for most of the year.

Yes, Dallas has the best Oline in football and was far superior to ours in pass protection last year.

And somehow, Shady's success has become a knock on Tyrod. So I guess the same can be said for Zeke.

Look, I don't love Tyrod, I just hate all the nonsense posts on the subject. I think if you switch Tyrod and Dak last year, there is very little difference in the teams records.

Wake me when he throws for more that 4,000 yards, Ryan's minimum of acceptable QB play.

Who missed more games, Dez or Sammy? Bills WR's were a complete disaster for most of the year.

Yes, Dallas has the best Oline in football and was far superior to ours in pass protection last year.

And somehow, Shady's success has become a knock on Tyrod. So I guess the same can be said for Zeke.

Look, I don't love Tyrod, I just hate all the nonsense posts on the subject. I think if you switch Tyrod and Dak last year, there is very little difference in the teams records.

You realize a big part of the oline's protection problem was Tyrod, who has one of the highest snap to throw times in the NFL, right?

And you're complaining about a rookie throwing 3,600 yards with 23 tds to 4 INTs? I don't hate Tyrod at all. I wish he was younger and bigger. But I struggle to see his upside. He wasn't a good passer in college (under 60%). He surprised teams in 2015, teams got more film on him, & he got worse. Shorter qbs who aren't proficient passers don't last long as good starters.