Bills look more likely to keep TT - working on restructure

YoloinOhio

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have the wrong guy. You are preaching to the choir. Wins and losses belong to the team. We are in agreement. The NFL does track w/l for QBs though. That's not up for debate (right or wrong).

I thought you had written that Taylor was average because the Bills are 15-14 when he plays QB.

NFL teams yards after catch. Buffalo Bills 3rd last, only Houston and Tampa had a lower yards after catch/per reception.

The two teams with the best RAC per play? Atlanta and New England who met in the Super Bowl.

This is not about total times thrown, this shows that Tyrod is inefficient in delivering the ball so the receiver can make yardage.

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-yards-after-catch-statistics/2016/

Edited by jeffismagic

NFL teams yards after catch. Buffalo Bills 3rd last, only Houston and Tampa had a lower yards after catch/per reception.

The two teams with the best RAC per play? Atlanta and New England who met in the Super Bowl.

This is not about total times thrown, this shows that Tyrod is inefficient in delivering the ball so the receiver can make yardage.

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-yards-after-catch-statistics/2016/

You take your facts and GET RIGHT OUT OF HERE, MISTER!!

and he was throwing to who?

I thought you had written that Taylor was average because the Bills are 15-14 when he plays QB.

I didn't write that Taylor was average BECAUSE the Bills were 15-14. I was just pointing out that the Bills are an average team with an average QB. He didn't elevate them or hold them back. Even if the record was 10-6 or 6-10 I'd still think he was average. The record didn't make that; it's more of an observation.

I didn't write that Taylor was average BECAUSE the Bills were 15-14. I was just pointing out that the Bills are an average team with an average QB. He didn't elevate them or hold them back. Even if the record was 10-6 or 6-10 I'd still think he was average. The record didn't make that; it's more of an observation.

I agree with this. It's why I'm surprised at the amount of fans who seem overly concerned that Taylor walks.

He's simply limited and IMO it's unlikely he progresses. I see no reason to pay for that when we have Jones in the wings and a possible rookie with upside through the draft.

And personally I think our offense under Taylor is boring, borderline painful to watch at times. I guess I'm just ready to move on with the overhaul.

All can really be said about Tyrod's 2016 is "statistically average if you fully include rushing"

Stats don't tell the story of missed easy opportunities though as we saw weekly on the A22. Repeated easy opportunities that were missed should have a very real impact on any reasonable evaluation. Knocking to below average at best.

I'd also argue that balance is inherently better than being one dimensional, in terms of winning. In stat terms that would mean Tyrod's rushing yards are not as valuable as more passing yards would be

Guy is not an average starting quarterback in terms of winning a Superbowl in my opinion. Sometimes we seem to get lost in the raw stats and forget some of the real world applications.

I was on the Tyrod train until, at a time when he should have been galvanizing his men and leading them to comeback win, he was shown sitting on the bench staring into space with his eyes glazed over like there's somewhere else he would rather be.

It is not a smart move to give this guy 20M a season I don't care what stats come out. He fits right in on the pantheon of esteemed quarterbacks I've had the pleasure of watching the last 20 years. 20M dude...its franchise QB money for a bridge QB product.

Well damn, this metric and interpretation is rock solid.

Aaron Rogers is middling, just a hair worse than Blake Bortles... AND Alex Smith is ELITE.... got it

Edit: Tannyhill is also top shelf. Suck it Drew Brees you middling innaccurate dolt. Don't get me started on bottom third Luck

Edited by Over 28 years of fanhood