Bills look more likely to keep TT - working on restructure

YoloinOhio

You don't wait. If there's a guy they like they should take him. If there is a guy they like next year, take him too. You wait until 2018 you might have waited on nothing. Players get injured or don't play as well.

Yeah, I don't get the tank crowd. Too many good pieces on the roster for that. Tanking worked out real well for the Sabres...

How could they be sure about any guy in 2018? No games have been played. Because players are "forecast" to do well does not mean they will.

Or that they won't get injured. Banking on 2018 is a fools errand.

You do the best you can.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting.

I think he's slightly better than Fitz. Good backup, weak starter.

even if what you say is true

that is called average

Enjoy settling for the ugliest bride. Maybe with a dominant D we'll only lose by 10 in the first round of the playoffs.

after missing the playoffs for over a decade......i will take my wild card loss and call it progress

K-9: average starting QB money

2018: weak starter

JFH: same difference

:P

I dont believe he is a weak starter

but even if what you said was true.....there are not enough starting caliber qbs to go around in the NFL.....and getting rid of a middling starter will not all of a sudden make a franchise guy appear

Retreads are really more of the same you have already seen

Rookies are SELDOM ready to start out the gate......and forcing them into the starting lineup when they should be holding a clipboard in year 1 wont change that

I am all for drafting a qb high......i dont think TT is a franchise guy.....we need to continue to look for said qb.....there is no reason why the team has to lose while we are doing that

but even if what you said was true.....there are not enough starting caliber qbs to go around in the NFL.....and getting rid of a middling starter will not all of a sudden make a franchise guy appear

Dude please take a second to think about this. I'm stating my subjective opinion that Tyrod is a weak starter. So "if what I say is true" then its not getting rid of a middling starter, is it? Disagree with my evaluation if you like. I'm happy to engage with you bud but only if you'll at least try to understand what I'm saying.

Average QBing would be 16th. TT ain't the 16th beat QB in the NFL

i didnt realize that it had to be EXACTLY 16 to meet your standard

ok

Dude please take a second to think about this. I'm stating my subjective opinion that Tyrod is a weak starter. So "if what I say is true" then its not getting rid of a middling starter, is it? Disagree with my evaluation if you like. I'm happy to engage with you bud but only if you'll at least try to understand what I'm saying.

I do understand what your saying....i just dont agree with you

He has his warts.....he also quarterbacked the 7th highest scoring offense in the league......and did it with street free agents

ok

He has his warts.....he also quarterbacked the 7th highest scoring offense in the league......and did it with street free agents

That would have been an elite offense if it had thrown the football better, and there were open receivers and easy opportunities all season long. The lack of a passing game is what held the Bills back from a dominant offense that would carry a bad defense into the playoffs.

Some fans see only downside, the risk that the Bills offense will be terrible again if anything changes. Fair enough.

I see opportunity. If you add a mediocre passing game component to last year's offense, look the **ck out! The pass rush comes back strong and you may be talking about an actual contender.

ok

That's the definition of average.

It's much more accurate to say he's a below average QB.

My only point is that he isn't paid like a "franchise" QB. Nor should he be.

yup.

The only debate really is how long do you want to tie yourself to a guy like that. do you keep one of the better ones on your books for 3 or so more years, or is the flexibility to cut out of a deal earlier and without dead money appeal if you are drafting a qb in the first round

Has any team ever pulled the cap hit forward instead of pushing it back?

It certainly isn't common. It just seems to make some sense in this case. The feeling that I get is that the Bills would love to keep Tyrod (but not be tied to him for more than a year or 2). Pushing the cap hit forward allows them to that. In my scenario it is almost certainly a 2 year deal. You would only have a $4M dead cap hit in year 3. If he proves in that 1st year or 2 that he is the answer for you, you can extend him. If not, you have already cleared the deck. You will have probably ended up paying him roughly $20M a year for 2 years. It is kind of like a cheaper way to use the franchise tag twice. I am not saying that it is the perfect solution but it makes some sense in my head anyways.