Romo to KC rumor could make Bills landing spot for A. Smith

YoloinOhio

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And his playoff stats are really not that bad. Yes he is 2-4 but that is far from all on him. 60% passer, 12TDs to 2INTs, Passer Rating of 94.5.

I think Smith is still a guy you should looking to upgrade from, but at least he wins in the regular season. If that's what folks really want, he makes the most sense.

I wouldn't hate Smith, but you need to upgrade the offensive line if your bringing him in..... and I give more credit to Andy Reid then I do Alex Smith for the Chiefs success the past few seasons.

I would hate Smith. He and TT are similar QBs and after all these years in the league he won't be improving. Even if you think TT has reached his ceiling at 27 and after 2 years of starting the possibility exists that he could get better. Smith is who he is at this point.

Yes. Kc's cap hit is irrelevant to Bills. What matters is money still owed. His remaining contract is basically a 1 year deal for $13m in 2017, and a 1 year deal in 2018 for $17m, none of which is guaranteed. Way more team friendly than Tyrods deal if Bills don't cut him in next 2 weeks.

But we only worry about his current contract if hes traded, that way his contract is traded with him. If KC just releases him then we would have to negotiate a new deal with him and would be in competition with other teams trying to sign him.

But we only worry about his current contract if hes traded, that way his contract is traded with him. If KC just releases him then we would have to negotiate a new deal with him and would be in competition with other teams trying to sign him.

And if we trade then we are paying $13M plus a draft pick or some other asset.

I'd rather just keep Taylor. You know what your getting with Smith and it's not a franchise QB. He won't be cheap either. TT has room to grow and develop perhaps into a better QB than Alex Smith. Alex Smith just doesn't get me excited. I will pass.

I would hate Smith. He and TT are similar QBs and after all these years in the league he won't be improving. Even if you think TT has reached his ceiling at 27 and after 2 years of starting the possibility exists that he could get better. Smith is who he is at this point.

If they can find a way of restructuring Tyrod to give us an out after this year I am in favour of keeping Tyrod.

If they can't then Smith with no dead money if we moved on in 2018 is more attractive. I think they are very similar Quarterbacks I think they BOTH are who they are at this point and they are both guys I'd look to upgrade.

And his playoff stats are really not that bad. Yes he is 2-4 but that is far from all on him. 60% passer, 12TDs to 2INTs, Passer Rating of 94.5.

In his past 2 seasons in KC, he has played in 3 playoff games: only one game he threw for over 200 yards (246), 2 games he was below 60%, total of 3 TDs, 2 ints, 1 rating over 80...

In his past 2 seasons in KC, he has played in 3 playoff games: only one game he threw for over 200 yards (246), 2 games he was below 60%, total of 3 TDs, 2 ints, 1 rating over 80...

What an odd way to cut the stats. I could understand if you want to look at him just in KC.... but to ignore his first play-off game there for no good reason is odd. Is it because he threw for 378, 4TDs and 0INTs? I'm not a huge Alex Smith fan but if you are going to try and knock him down on stats let's at least have a fair consideration of what he has done.

It's pretty much only because he's had winning seasons people want him.

Tyrod is seen as a .500 QB because the team went .500 the past couple season thanks mostly to a ****ty head coach and underperforming defense.... but the crusade will continue...

Wow, fans want to win. Unreal crusade right there.

People want a 32 year old Alex Smith over a 27 year old Taylor? :lol::lol::lol:

This really an upgrade? I'll take Taylor over Smith any day. The fact that Andy Reid has given up on him says something.

Tyrod is seen as a .500 QB because the team went .500 the past couple season thanks mostly to a ****ty head coach and underperforming defense.... but the crusade will continue...

Winning is the point, and he pantsed Tyrod last time they played each other.

No Maclin, no Jamal Charles = still winning

Tyrod > cousins smith romo Watson Trubisky tho

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Winning is the point, and he pantsed Tyrod last time they played each other.

No Maclin, no Jamal Charles = still winning

Tyrod > cousins smith romo Watson Trubisky tho

kc defense allowed 19.4 pts per game...including pantsing your boy david carr twice only allowing raiders to score 10 and 13 pts

I think that's the problem, your use of the word mostly.

Tyrod is part of the reason the Bills were around .500. And those reasons don't always show up on the stat sheets. Missed throws and missed reads. Bailing on clean pockets. Slow pass release. No two-minute offense.

It's not a crusade to question Tyrods effectiveness. I'm still 50/50 on him. I was unbelievably frustrated with him at times and he feels a lot like Fitz. Exciting at times, can do some things but will never carry a team.

And McDermott, having talked to Tyrod and being a reported film junkie, should have answers to the why and what happened in those plays. Hopefully this decision to either extend Tyrod or not, is an educated one.

Edited by Wayne Cubed