Dolphins Cut Branden Albert

thebandit27

He's started 35 of 48 games over the last 3 regular seasons...that's not "injured all the time"

He also never missed a game in the previous 6 seasons for KC.

If you think that his health is declining, that's fine, but let's stick to the facts.

That's mainly the reason Miami cut him. He's breaking down, knee, wrist back, ankle. No thanks.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's mainly the reason Miami cut him. He's breaking down, knee, wrist back, ankle. No thanks.

No, the main reason that Miami cut him is that they could gain $7.2M in cap space and had a guy on the roster that they felt could take over at LT.

Why else would you cut a player that started 13 of 17 games at LT and blocked for a guy that netted 3 200-yard rushing performances in 12 starts? A team that ranked 7th in the NFL in team yards/carry and surrendered only 30 sacks, which ranked 10th in the NFL?

Wonder if we're one of them. And if Miami would be willing to trade him to us. And what it means if they are.

you never know but I doubt it. To give up a draft pick or player I'd guess it's a team without a viable LT. NYG, Jets, Jags, Panthers come to mind. Edited by YoloinOhio

I saw the fins also cut Mario Williams. I am surprised he isn't being roasted here.

I think that although he clearly didn't have a good year for the fish, people have probably realized that his issues in Buffalo were rooted in a disastrous head coach who crashed Mario in 2015 and burned the rest of the team in 2016.

I saw the fins also cut Mario Williams. I am surprised he isn't being roasted here.

already roasted when it was reported awhile back that he would be cut. This is just the official announcement which brought about a collective yawn, and a joke thread about getting all the Bills scrubby former players who are FAs back for one last run to 6-10.

@mikegarafolo

On Branden Albert, Jaguars and Dolphins have talked trade, as @ArmandoSalguero says. Source says Jax is the "primary destination."

Trade can't happen until 3/9

Ah yes, Brandon Albert. We could have drafted him or Flacco but opted instead for Leodis McKelvin. I mean after all, we "needed" a corner, right?

I hope we don't do something so stupid this time around.

Edited by Bill from NYC

Ah yes, Brandon Albert. We could have drafted him or Flacco but opted instead for Leodis McKelvin. I mean after all, we "needed" a corner, right?

I hope we don't do something so stupid this time around.

Gotham Bill, Odds are that Whaley is going to draft a DB, especially of Gilmore leaves. So brace yourself for the inevitable. Don't allow your nerves to be jangled more than necessary. Each year it's the same mind-set that has coursed through this organization resulting in the same results. So accept the inevitable and don't let it cloud your day.

If the Bills don't come out of this draft with a credible qb prospect I will join the ranks that you with great distinction lead. The motto of our dispirited group is : Oh no, not again! :cry: