Trump and Russia

On 6/26/2020 at 2:54 AM, snafu said:

What you posted is not the executive summary of the Mueller Report. 

Read it.  Starts on pg 4 of volume 1. https://www.justice.gov/storage/report.pdf

I read it before I posted that. I thought it was a pretty accurate summary of the summary.

Which parts are inaccurate?

I’m saying what you posted is a summarization of someone’s fantasy.

Which parts are fantasy?

They started investigating him and his associates nine months (maybe more) before he became “the most powerful man on Earth”. I’d also like to point out that becoming president doesn’t invest anyone with Sauron-like powers. If you’re saying that Trump somehow used his unlimited power (yes, Palpatine, not Sauron) to stop Mueller, then why were Flynn, Cohen, Stone, and Manafort each hauled into trouble?  Trump actually could have snapped his fingers and stopped the investigation of himself and his buddies (you guess that reference). He didn’t. Such untapped power.  What a waste.

Into trouble as the President continues to use everything in his power (except his Pardon power, yet...) to pull them out... see recent developments for Flynn and Stone.

He got away with what? Russia collusion?

Yes. And probably conspiracy.

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I read it before I posted that. I thought it was a pretty accurate summary of the summary.

Which parts are inaccurate?

Which parts are fantasy?

Into trouble as the President continues to use everything in his power (except his Pardon power, yet...) to pull them out... see recent developments for Flynn and Stone.

Yes. And probably conspiracy.

1) pretty much all of it

2) pretty much all of it

3) I’m sure Trump’s associates appreciate all the help they got while sitting in jail

4) collusion isn’t a crime.  Conspiracy to do what?

• Like (+1) 2

Harry Reid strikes again

Washington Examiner, by Editorial

Original Article

When he was running the U.S. Senate in 2012, Harry Reid asserted, without presenting evidence, that an anonymous source had told him that Republican nominee Mitt Romney was a tax cheat. “So, the word is out that he has not paid any taxes for 10 years,” the majority leader declared from the Senate floor. “Let him prove that he has paid taxes, because he hasn’t.”

It was a classless move from a classless politician. As it turned out, his comment didn’t bear any relation to reality. In reality, it turned out that Romney paid millions of dollars in taxes each year and gave a significant amount to charity.

Asked years later if he had any regrets about the dastardly attack, Reid replied, “Romney didn’t win, did he?”

A lot has changed since 2012. Back then, Romney proudly accepted Donald Trump’s endorsement for president. Also back then, Democrats mocked the Republican nominee for arguing that Russia posed a serious threat to America. But one thing has held constant: Even in retirement, Reid is behaving like a dishonest weasel by making outrageous assertions that he cannot back up.

In a new book, Reid has now declared there’s “no question” that Russian hackers tampered with vote totals in 2016.

“I think one reason the elections weren’t what they should have been was because the Russians manipulated the votes. It’s that simple," Reid said. “It doesn’t take a math expert to understand that by changing a few votes, the outcome will be different. So, I have no doubt.”

There are multiple variations of the Trump-Russia conspiracy theory, and Reid is no stranger to them. A week before the 2016 election, in a letter accusing James Comey of breaking the law by revealing that the FBI was looking into Hillary Clinton emails, Reid also claimed, “In my communications with you and other top officials in the national security community, it has become clear that you possess explosive information about close ties and coordination between Donald Trump, his top advisors, and the Russian government.”

Of course, we know how that story ends — with years of investigation by Robert Mueller failing to establish any conspiracy between the Trump campaign and Russia to swing the election.

But as inaccurate as the Trump-Russia collusion narrative ended up being, the idea that Russian hackers were actually able to tap into voting systems to change vote counts is pure tinfoil hat territory.

More at the link

• Thank you (+1) 1

“The Lincoln Project has nothing to do with principle, and everything to do with lining the pockets of failed consultants by attacking conservatives,” David McIntosh, Club for Growth Action president, said in a statement. “While the group is the darling of the liberal media, the fact is that it’s a Democrat front group and one of the least efficient ways for anti-Trumpers to spend their political dollars.”

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, GG said:

Is this another white supremacist shooter?

You are a disingenuous liar and an anti-semite.

Wow! A Democrat group, with mostly Republican donors. Those clever Dems!

I am Jewish, asswipe.

Just now, Kemp said:

Wow! A Democrat group, with mostly Republican donors. Those clever Dems!

I am Jewish, asswipe.

Then why do you support the most anti-Semitic NY mayor in generations?

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, GG said:

Then why do you support the most anti-Semitic NY mayor in generations?

1. I don't support DeBlasio.

2. Why do you support the most anti-Semitic president in generations? The guy who thinks there are good Nazis. The guy who claims he doesn't know who David Duke. The guy who retweets white power folk. The guy who all the anti-Semites on 4 Chan support. The guy who supports those that carry the Confederate flag. The guy who supports Victor Orban, the anti-Semitic president of Hungary.

There are a lot more examples,  but providing logic to Trump supporters only results in personal attacks, because facts overwhelm them.

2 minutes ago, Kemp said:

1. I don't support DeBlasio.

If you don't you have a funny way of proving it.  

Still waiting for you to show proof of the Hasid funeral apocalypse, which I recall you were fully onboard with DiBlasio's admonishment of all Jews.

2 minutes ago, Kemp said:

2. Why do you support the most anti-Semitic president in generations? The guy who thinks there are good Nazis. The guy who claims he doesn't know who David Duke. The guy who retweets white power folk. The guy who all the anti-Semites on 4 Chan support. The guy who supports those that carry the Confederate flag. The guy who supports Victor Orban, the anti-Semitic president of Hungary.

There are a lot more examples,  but providing logic to Trump supporters only results in personal attacks, because facts overwhelm them.

I look through stupid tweets to see actionable items before I offer an opinion.  Which is why it's easy to spot DiBlasio's real anti-semitic actions vs Trump's perceived ones.

After all, one of those two has a Jewish son in law and a converted daughter.  Only one shows unconditional support for Israel and its efforts to fight true enemies of Judaism and Jews.   

Anti-semitic attacks have risen by 90% in the last 5 years, and a very tiny percentage were perpetrated by anything related to white supremacists.  When elderly Jews go out in the streets of Brooklyn, they are not afraid of swastika wearing skinheads smacking them in the head.

• Thank you (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, GG said:

Still waiting for you to show proof of the Hasid funeral apocalypse, which I recall you were fully onboard with DiBlasio's admonishment of all Jews.

I look through stupid tweets to see actionable items before I offer an opinion.  Which is why it's easy to spot DiBlasio's real anti-semitic actions vs Trump's perceived ones.

After all, one of those two has a Jewish son in law and a converted daughter.  Only one shows unconditional support for Israel and its efforts to fight true enemies of Judaism and Jews.   

Anti-semitic attacks have risen by 90% in the last 5 years, and a very tiny percentage were perpetrated by anything related to white supremacists.  When elderly Jews go out in the streets of Brooklyn, they are not afraid of swastika wearing skinheads smacking them in the head.

Way to go. You answered exactly zero of my questions. Big surprise. 

Yes, I was against what the Hasidic group did in NYC, where I live.

During the height of the lockdown, they held a wedding with 1,000 guests pressed against each other, putting them and everyone they came into contact with in mortal danger. That is unacceptable. 

Another time, after all of the city parks were locked up. They went with lock cutters and broke open their local park. That is unacceptable.

Therein lies a major difference between us. I don't like DeBlasio, but thought he was right on these incidents.

You, a major Trump supporter, are incapable of disagreeing with anything Trump does. You are not a supporter. You are a member of a cult.

27 minutes ago, GG said:

The only reason Trump is happy to have his Jewish son--in-law is because his family had more wealth, and in the end, his sole motivation is lining his pockets.