Trump and Russia

29 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

They found lots of stuff, but they couldn’t prove that anything of value was traded between Trump and Putin, but they know Putin helped Trump, they know Trump welcomed the help. 

You haven’t followed the Russian story much, huh? 

If they had anything it would have been leaked to the media even if somebody in the media had to be a fall guy in case the story blew up on them.  Given the effort to pump up Biden and destroy Trump it tells me there would be ample money there for a fall guy to grab if the story failed in the end.  You should be concerned as to what is coming down the road with Biden.

6 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

If they had anything it would have been leaked to the media even if somebody in the media had to be a fall guy in case the story blew up on them.  Given the effort to pump up Biden and destroy Trump it tells me there would be ample money there for a fall guy to grab if the story failed in the end.  You should be concerned as to what is coming down the road with Biden.

Lots did get released to the media. They met the Russians right in Trump Towers to get dirt on Clinton. 

The Russians hacked the Democrats computers and released the 8nfo which Trump advertised I love Wikileaks! 

Everything was jst drowned out by the Deep State nonsense 

Just now, Tiberius said:

Lots did get released to the media. They met the Russians right in Trump Towers to get dirt on Clinton. 

The Russians hacked the Democrats computers and released the 8nfo which Trump advertised I love Wikileaks! 

Everything was jst drowned out by the Deep State nonsense 

Bull crap.  If your heroes had stories containing substance nothing would have drowned it out.  Especially, if the content originated outside the US given all the anti-Trump noise there that would have banged the drum endlessly.

Devin Nunes called this "an important read" leading me to believe it is pretty spot-on. It shows just how determined #teamcoup was. If Stu Evans had stayed on, I wonder if it would have gone as far as it did?

Stu Evans’ Lonely, Failed Quest to Save the FBI From Itself

False accusations that the Trump campaign colluded with Russia have already cost some of the most senior officials at the FBI and the Department of Justice their reputations, their careers, or both. The widespread wrongdoing raises the question: Where were the honest lawmen and women? Was there no one willing to challenge superiors -- or even just colleagues -- gone rogue?

There may have been at least one. As deputy assistant attorney general for the Office of Intelligence, Stuart Evans had the responsibility of vetting spy warrants before submitting them to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court. In the fall of 2016, the FBI presented Evans with an application for a warrant to capture the communications of volunteer Trump campaign foreign policy adviser Carter Page. The main justification for getting a wire on Page were allegations by former British spy Christopher Steele. Instead of credulously embracing the Steele dossier as so many others did, Evans demanded more information about Steele. He put up bureaucratic roadblocks and manned them stubbornly while asking the essential questions no one else seemed to care about.

Evans came close to saving Justice and the FBI from themselves. But he made one mistake. The story of how that mistake allowed Evans to be outmaneuvered is a lesson in the limits of confronting bureaucracies – even if one is a study in integrity.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

They found lots of stuff, but they couldn’t prove that anything of value was traded between Trump and Putin, but they know Putin helped Trump, they know Trump welcomed the help. 

You haven’t followed the Russian story much, huh? 

As I direftly asked you previously Tibs what other evidence do you have and you never responded- I use to watch CNN just to see what liberals thought but they kept using Steele dossier long after Steele himself stated it was just innuendo. 

12 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

And all of you here think he's guilty, right?

Thank you for proving that point for me.

Except that there's a lot more evidence (circumstantial or more material) that Trump colluded with Russia. The evidence against Biden is more flimsy and circumstantial.

You're right. Biden should be charged, perp-walked, prosecuted, and have the "flimsy and circumstantial" evidence tested at trial in front of a jury.

30 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

How do you honestly compare a meeting to do opposition research as equal to the hit job of the Steele dossier? Your standards are so much higher for my side then your own. 

Nice try, but I wasn’t comparing them. Where did you get that from? 

Trumps team took a meeting with a foreign hostile power trying to get help. 

the Steele dossier, started by Republicans, was private research effort, which is totally legal. 

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

Bull crap.  If your heroes had stories containing substance nothing would have drowned it out.  Especially, if the content originated outside the US given all the anti-Trump noise there that would have banged the drum endlessly.

There was a lot of coverage, and Trump’s behavior right on TV with Putin. 

You remember how he sided with Putin over our intelligence agencies? Right? 

You must trust Putin more, too, than our people, right? 

48 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Nice try, but I wasn’t comparing them. Where did you get that from? 

Trumps team took a meeting with a foreign hostile power trying to get help. 

the Steele dossier, started by Republicans, was private research effort, which is totally legal. 

There was a lot of coverage, and Trump’s behavior right on TV with Putin. 

You remember how he sided with Putin over our intelligence agencies? Right? 

You must trust Putin more, too, than our people, right? 

You are too funny- Steele dossier was a Republican thing? The fact that a conservative group used Fusion to do research is not even similar to what the Steele dossier is or became. You are comparing actually investigations to a completely made up report that the democratic party paid for directly. Secondly when Trump took office he had reasons not to trust our intelligence agencies, who had used bogus info to spy on him. Tibs I appreciate the effort but let this one go.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

You are too funny- Steele dossier was a Republican thing? The fact that a conservative group used Fusion to do research is not even similar to what the Steele dossier is or became. You are comparing actually investigations to a completely made up report that the democratic party paid for directly. Secondly when Trump took office he had reasons not to trust our intelligence agencies, who had used bogus info to spy on him. Tibs I appreciate the effort but let this one go.

So it’s ok Trump sided with Putin, lol ? 

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Well, McCain was the conduit... allegedly, John McCain was a Republican.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

This is a text version of a gif showing a dog eating his own vomit. 

1 hour ago, Koko78 said:

You're right. Biden should be charged, perp-walked, prosecuted, and have the "flimsy and circumstantial" evidence tested at trial in front of a jury.

And all his advisors should be surveillance and FISA’d for years to get to that trial. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, snafu said:

Nice, you say that “didn’t find anything” is a “wild mischaracterization” and then you post that list of unproven allegations. Where did you get that summary? Holy crap, you’re going back 3 years to “where there’s smoke there’s fire”!?

So is the "executive summary" not actually a summary of the findings? :huh:

That's where those points are found.

I have read Mueller’s report. I heard Mueller testify. Most of those points on your list are incorrect or overwrought. Others are speculation which have been shown to be false. That list is ‘Conspiracy Theory 101 Class Syllabus’.

Which ones are incorrect?

I told you I didn't read the Mueller report and I didn't.

But I read the Executive summary, which is where those points were presented.

Are you saying it's not actually a summary? :blink:

Ask yourself how many people were charged with crimes related to that list you posted — all of those people were extensively investigated. There was heavy duty surveillance on them before the election and after the election. Nothing came of it. Congress impeached Trump on matters completely unrelated to Mueller. They had to stretch and twist to come up with two Articles of Impeachment — yet they couldn’t stretch enough or twist enough to impeach him for Russia Collusion.

Donald Trump is the most powerful man on Earth, 'nuff said.

And however terrifying that thought is more and more for the majority of Americans, it's unfortunately been true since the beginning of the Mueller investigation and will be true for another roughly 7 months.

Face it, you may hate the President, and he gives so many opportunities to do so. And he didn’t collude with Russia. And he’s not in Office illegitimately because of Russia Collusion. That case is closed. Fall back on some other reason. He’s an a-hole is sufficient. 

Well the case is closed if you mean the actual investigations. 

So yeah, he got away with it.

15 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Thank you for admitting you are not capable of showing any evidence of Trump Russia besides the Steele dossier that even Steele admits is mostly Russian disinformation

That gif meant look up a few posts, idiot.

13 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Okay, let's just do the same with Donald Trump.

Love the idea of him actually being there in person in front of a jury.

Spectacular idea. :beer:

9 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

So is the "executive summary" not actually a summary of the findings? :huh:

That's where those points are found.

What you posted is not the executive summary of the Mueller Report. 

Read it.  Starts on pg 4 of volume 1. https://www.justice.gov/storage/report.pdf

Which ones are incorrect?

I told you I didn't read the Mueller report and I didn't.

But I read the Executive summary, which is where those points were presented.

Are you saying it's not actually a summary? :blink:

I’m saying what you posted is a summarization of someone’s fantasy.

Donald Trump is the most powerful man on Earth, 'nuff said.

And however terrifying that thought is more and more for the majority of Americans, it's unfortunately been true since the beginning of the Mueller investigation and will be true for another roughly 7 months.

They started investigating him and his associates nine months (maybe more) before he became “the most powerful man on Earth”. I’d also like to point out that becoming president doesn’t invest anyone with Sauron-like powers. If you’re saying that Trump somehow used his unlimited power (yes, Palpatine, not Sauron) to stop Mueller, then why were Flynn, Cohen, Stone, and Manafort each hauled into trouble?  Trump actually could have snapped his fingers and stopped the investigation of himself and his buddies (you guess that reference). He didn’t. Such untapped power.  What a waste.

Well the case is closed if you mean the actual investigations. 

So yeah, he got away with it.

He got away with what? Russia collusion?

Edited by snafu
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Okay, let's just do the same with Donald Trump.

Love the idea of him actually being there in person in front of a jury.

Spectacular idea. :beer:

I know that January was about 6 years ago, but they already did that to Trump. He won.