NFL Combine List: Chad Kelly Not Invited

26CornerBlitz

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

At this point, after 17 years of not making the playoffs and never having a legit QB, if say Kelly is there late on day 3, the Bills pass him up and he catches on with someone, it will be a huge embarresmant to the Bills organization. That doesn't mean he has to be better than Russell Wilson, but there is definitely a plausible scenario where the Bills make fools of themselves by not drafting Kelly.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would be wise for Chad to be anywhere BUT Buffalo. I don't think it would be "embarrassing" for the Bills to pass on him unless they think he has potential to be a franchise QB AND won't be negatively affected by living in his hometown and the pressure of being a QB for the Buffalo Bills. I don't think they are likely to believe either of these things. The best thing to happen to Patrick Kane was being drafted by Chicago and he was wise to sell his Hamburg offseason home after the most recent incident.

I'm sure that internally, the Kelly family hopes he gets a fresh start in a market other than Buffalo.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I think it would be wise for Chad to be anywhere BUT Buffalo. I don't think it would be "embarrassing" for the Bills to pass on him unless they think he has potential to be a franchise QB AND won't be negatively affected by living in his hometown and the pressure of being a QB for the Buffalo Bills. I don't think they are likely to believe either of these things. The best thing to happen to Patrick Kane was being drafted by Chicago and he was wise to sell his Hamburg offseason home after the most recent incident.

I'm sure that internally, the Kelly family hopes he gets a fresh start in a market other than Buffalo.

If Kelly is drafted in the late rounds by another team, catches on and the Bills are still searching... The Bills won't here the end of it from their fans and the media. Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

If Kelly is drafted in the late rounds by another team, catches on and the Bills are still searching... The Bills won't here the end of it from their fans and the media.

And if he bombs out, you won't hear from anyone bragging they wanted him. They'll just move on to their next crush.

At this point, after 17 years of not making the playoffs and never having a legit QB, if say Kelly is there late on day 3, the Bills pass him up and he catches on with someone, it will be a huge embarresmant to the Bills organization. That doesn't mean he has to be better than Russell Wilson, but there is definitely a plausible scenario where the Bills make fools of themselves by not drafting Kelly.

Can you explain why exactly? Is there some legacy clause in the NFL rules that says teams have to draft the offspring of their former players? Did you know the Sabres once drafted Keith Gretzky?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Elite arm means quite a bit less when a QB has suspect decision making both on and off the field.

I've said for years that there's a difference between being a passer and being a quarterback.

Kelly has a few things going for him, that's all I'm saying.

Disagree. It won't be an embarrassment for any team that passes on any prospect with question marks. It would be more of an embarrassment for the Bills to take him out of some misguided sense of nostalgia and he ends up crapping the bed.

I've said for years that there's a difference between being a passer and being a quarterback.

Kelly has a few things going for him, that's all I'm saying.

Disagree. It won't be an embarrassment for any team that passes on any prospect with question marks. It would be more of an embarrassment for the Bills to take him out of some misguided sense of nostalgia and he ends up crapping the bed.

Like making Frank Reich a Head Coach ?

I over bolded your sentence.

I meant the colored section

Edited by 3rdand12

You guys know more than Polian and I'm sure that he is willing to put his rep on the line for Chad freaking Kelly because he's is Jim's nephew. I am not an expert but I watched almost every game Kelly played at Ole Miss and he can do everything you need a pro QB to do. If the Bills pass on him it could end up being the biggest embarresmant of the drought. Worse than taking TJ Graham over Russell Wilson.

:worthy::worthy:

I bet by the time the draft comes around he goes third round

again.. jamies winston GOT invited.. so who gives a sh-t what the powers that be of the combine think ...dont understand all the chad kelly hate on here.. i get it he probably needs to grow up.. but for crissakes. he isnt alone

He threatened to shoot up a place with an AK-47. That's a little worse than needing to grow up, dude. That's mental instability! Grow up? that's the understatement of the year. He should be nowhere near the Bills roster, and should not be drafted. That fact that people are thinking he should be is a total joke.

Elite arm means quite a bit less when a QB has suspect decision making both on and off the field.

dreams do come true; chad Kelly next Bills QB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq5YK0Gf5V4

He threatened to shoot up a place with an AK-47. That's a little worse than needing to grow up, dude. That's mental instability! Grow up? that's the understatement of the year. He should be nowhere near the Bills roster, and should not be drafted. That fact that people are thinking he should be is a total joke.

you mean the AK 47 he didn't have, more like a dumb kid talking smack in the heat of the moment. After the bar incident at Ole Miss he has been a model citizen and I commend him for defending his brother on the field. That is the kind of guy you want with you in a fox hole.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/news/chad-kelly-lawyer-disputes-ak-47-remark-ole-miss-quarterback-commit-jim-kelly-nephew-clemson/udt1towi1ne01jyg5kf09cx6h

RANDOM INSERTION HERE: we went to see Jay Leno tonight and this tickled me: "A liar, a cheater and a murderer walked into a bar. The bartender said 'Hey, the Patriots are in town!'"

Edited by Augie

If Kelly is drafted in the late rounds by another team, catches on and the Bills are still searching... The Bills won't here the end of it from their fans and the media.

Sounds like a typical Bills FO thing to do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq5YK0Gf5V4

you mean the AK 47 he didn't have, more like a dumb kid talking smack in the heat of the moment. After the bar incident at Ole Miss he has been a model citizen and I commend him for defending his brother on the field. That is the kind of guy you want with you in a fox hole.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/news/chad-kelly-lawyer-disputes-ak-47-remark-ole-miss-quarterback-commit-jim-kelly-nephew-clemson/udt1towi1ne01jyg5kf09cx6h

That I agree with. Give me a fighter on the team anyday of the week.

Why did his brother need defended? He was playing a football game and was hit out of bounds. No one offended his brothers honor. It wasn't the actual act of running on the field that hurt Kelly. It was the fact that it shows he still doesn't get it. It doesn't matter how bad it really was. He has to know those kinds of things become big news these days. He didn't need to give the media another excuse to portray him in a negative light. It's not about the action itself. It's about the fact that if he is really that stupid, what is he going to next? My biggest issue with that incident is what it says about his intelligence. I don't think that big of bonehead can ever become the face of a franchise. I hate to use a lazy comparison but he's just a small time version of Manziel. He has more in common with Johnny Manziel than his uncle Jim (even with all the dirt out there on Jim in his youth).

Why did his brother need defended? He was playing a football game and was hit out of bounds. No one offended his brothers honor. It wasn't the actual act of running on the field that hurt Kelly. It was the fact that it shows he still doesn't get it. It doesn't matter how bad it really was. He has to know those kinds of things become big news these days. He didn't need to give the media another excuse to portray him in a negative light. It's not about the action itself. It's about the fact that if he is really that stupid, what is he going to next? My biggest issue with that incident is what it says about his intelligence. I don't think that big of bonehead can ever become the face of a franchise. I hate to use a lazy comparison but he's just a small time version of Manziel. He has more in common with Johnny Manziel than his uncle Jim (even with all the dirt out there on Jim in his youth).

if the act is not bad then why does that make Chad stupid?

As long as he read a defense and call audibles he will be smart enough.

if the act is not bad then why does that make Chad stupid?

As long as he read a defense and call audibles he will be smart enough.

It's stupid because it shows he doesn't "get it". He has to know it would get a ton of publicity and hurt his draft stock. After all his previous incidents he isn't going to get any breaks. If he is this clueless it shows that a team wouldn't be wise giving him the keys to the franchise.

The kid is a moron but honestly, I don't really have a problem with him running on the field at his brother's game. Someone tries to fight my brother and you bet I'd be there in a second

I would agree with you but here's the problem. You are a 21 year old who is a qb at a major university who has been in trouble most of your life. Your next move is to try and fight a 16 year old for a football hit?

This dude doesn't have a brain. He is entitled and dumb as rocks. Imagine a regular guy threatens to shoot up a bar with an AK? I know for a fact he's been bounced out of several other bars as well.

But that said, even though I think there is like a 1% chance he becomes a franchise qb, I'd be cool with a 6th or lower. Bring in every qb and just have an all out competition.

I would agree with you but here's the problem. You are a 21 year old who is a qb at a major university who has been in trouble most of your life. Your next move is to try and fight a 16 year old for a football hit?

This dude doesn't have a brain. He is entitled and dumb as rocks. Imagine a regular guy threatens to shoot up a bar with an AK? I know for a fact he's been bounced out of several other bars as well.

But that said, even though I think there is like a 1% chance he becomes a franchise qb, I'd be cool with a 6th or lower. Bring in every qb and just have an all out competition.

At this point, I'd be fine with taking a shot with him too. Nothing to really lose and a whole lot to gain.