Going to the Beach is a Right

Chef Jim

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

​I'm sure once we have racial quotas for the beaches everything will be fine.

Staying in beach towns costs an average $605 for a four-day stay

Huh? What beach town in CA costs $600 for four days?? I dropped more than that in San Cruz and we were there all of 24 hours.

It's heartbreaking that we as Americans can't enjoy the sunny beaches of the French Riviera. Except for the wealthy few it remains an unattainable dream. The government should step in and provide the means for the majority of Americans to enjoy this natural beauty at affordable (i.e., free) rates.

Why stop at the beaches. California is loaded with beauty that make it the best state in the union IMO. Let's make it affordable to visit;

Yosemite

The desert

The redwoods

Wine countries (Napa, Sonoma, Monterey, Mendocino, Gold Country)

High Sierrras

Catalina

The Channel Islands

I lived 15 minutes from Laguna and the OC coast. Some of the most scenic coastal areas in the world. The cost for me to visit? Nothing. Because I lived there. Have I been to Yosemite? No. Why? Well part of it is I don't have the desire to spend the money to go (yeah I'm an idiot) but the last thing you'd hear from me wouid be petitioning the government to make it more affordable.

One way to ruin some prestine areas is to open it up to poor people. They treat their own neighborhoods as garbage cans. Imagine what they'll do (and already do) to areas that they are just visiting.

Why stop at the beaches. California is loaded with beauty that make it the best state in the union IMO. Let's make it affordable to visit;

Yosemite

The desert

The redwoods

High Sierrras

Catalina

The Channel Islands

I lived 15 minutes from Laguna and the OC coast. Some of the most scenic coastal areas in the world. The cost for me to visit? Nothing. Because I lived there. Have I been to Yosemite? No. Why? Well part of it is I don't have the desire to spend the money to go (yeah I'm an idiot) but the last thing you'd hear from me wouid be petitioning the government to make it more affordable.

One way to ruin some prestine areas is to open it up to poor people. They treat their own neighborhoods as garbage cans. Imagine what they'll do (and already do) to areas that they are just visiting.

And for people that aren't into "nature" how about a subsidy for those that want to write poetry?

This week, legislation was introduced in Sacramento aimed at fixing that problem. If passed, Assembly Bill 250 would direct the state Coastal Conservancy to develop new, low-cost accommodations and improve existing affordable accommodations, with the goal of making a trip to the beach more accessible for families that don’t have a lot of money and might have to travel far.

OMG!!! NO! What next? Affordable health care?

Why not just give everyone a jar of sand and some coconut essential oils? Problem solved.

Oh sure, take my sand and GIVE it to someone that doesn't work hard!

Apparently these elected officials have never been to the Santa Cruz boardwalk. Or walked around Santa Barbara Pier. Or pretty much visited any other public beach in CA. There has never, to my knowledge, been a shortage of poor Latinos.

Try to visit the Moreton Bay Fig Tree.

Yosemite

The desert

The redwoods

High Sierrras

Catalina

The Channel Islands

I live in the OC and I agree....its almost like the elected officials NEED these people there. Have they been polled and asked, are they really dying to go to Dana Point and Newport Beach?

Amazing how racist this article looks when you look at it from another angle.

I live in the OC and I agree....its almost like the elected officials NEED these people there. Have they been polled and asked, are they really dying to go to Dana Point and Newport Beach?

Racist? How so?

I love Dana Point. But I prefer Salt Creek beach. Much more private. Holy **** Orange County is awesome.