Going to the Beach is a Right

Chef Jim

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunsets are only for us rich white folks.

Gotta hand it to the liberals, though. They know how to get people to vote for them.

Here's $15/hour for the incredibly challenging task of wrapping a hamburger in paper.

Here's some free health care.

Oh, here's a free phone.

We're currently working on free college and free wifi. Please stand by.

Hey, who's up for a trip the beach? With a quick stop by 420 Central for supplies?

And these people somehow pretend like they care for our public school system. :lol:

From where - Ptown? :unsure:

Just curious. Wifey and I are about to pull up stakes and move into enemy territory.

Wifey has a place in Orleans, right on the bayside beach (Skaket). Nice town, far enough out without getting killed by traffic on 6 past the rotary, the beach is perfect for kids.

If it's just the two of you though, you might want to go further up. Tougher to get in and out but once you are up there Wellfleet is awesome, Truro is really nice and quiet. P'town is nice to have close for dinner options.

Edited by KD in CA

Wifey has a place in Orleans, right on the bayside beach (Skaket). Nice town, far enough out without getting killed by traffic on 6 past the rotary, the beach is perfect for kids.

If it's just the two of you though, you might want to go further up. Tougher to get in and out but once you are up there Wellfleet is awesome, Truro is really nice and quiet. P'town is nice to have close for dinner options.

I second the Wellfleet recommendation. Nice, quiet, away from the rush. The National Seashore is practically your own private beach.

PTown...is just weird. Only place I've ever seen someone walking around in chaps and a speedo like it was a normal thing. Nice town, but it's weird.

We're building a house in Cotuit. We honeymooned in Wellfleet a few lifetimes ago and have been back several times since. Love the Cape. Boat will be in the Hyannis Marina. One of the best days of my life when we got a slip there. We were sweating bullets that we couldn't get a slip anywhere. Mashpee Neck is a lot closer to us (about 5 minutes away), but Hyannis is still only half the drive time from the new place compared to driving from Princeton to Keyport. NJ. Downside is we'll be cruising past the Kennedy Compound each time we go to/from the Vineyard Sound. :ph34r: Maybe I'll moon 'em. :lol:

Saw "Smokey and the Bandit" in Ptown on our honeymoon. :lol: Crazy place. I remember seeing the "Seaman's National Bank". Told my work buddies about it and they cracked things like, it must have a sign reading "Night Deposits in Rear Only!" :w00t:

Can't wait to get a plate of fried clams at Arnolds. :thumbsup:

We're building a house in Cotuit. We honeymooned in Wellfleet a few lifetimes ago and have been back several times since. Love the Cape. Boat will be in the Hyannis Marina. One of the best days of my life when we got a slip there. We were sweating bullets that we couldn't get a slip anywhere. Mashpee Neck is a lot closer to us (about 5 minutes away), but Hyannis is still only half the drive time from the new place compared to driving from Princeton to Keyport. NJ. Downside is we'll be cruising past the Kennedy Compound each time we go to/from the Vineyard Sound. :ph34r: Maybe I'll moon 'em. :lol:

Saw "Smokey and the Bandit" in Ptown on our honeymoon. :lol: Crazy place. I remember seeing the "Seaman's National Bank". Told my work buddies about it and they cracked things like, it must have a sign reading "Night Deposits in Rear Only!" :w00t:

Can't wait to get a plate of fried clams at Arnolds. :thumbsup:

Arnolds rocks. While you're there, might as well catch a movie at the Wellfleet Drive In. :thumbsup:

We'll be there the first two full weeks of August; can't wait. That's great about building a place; we've talked about it too. Trickier now that we're on the west coast.

Edited by KD in CA

I can't decide what my favorite irony is: the people decrying shallow, empty leadership by chanting "We want a leader, not a creepy tweeter!" in union while organized into letters is pretty high.

But I think I'm going to go with a "Resist!!" message ephemerally spelled out below the high tide line.