The only Mahomes thread you need

Estro

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to be all 'I told ya so' about a future event...

But I've been stating that the Bills must take Mahomes at 10 IF he's on the board. I've been saying that for months. And people mocked me. I'm not getting locked for it now.

I'm better than all the draft "experts" at QBs. Those guys are all gutless. They never commit to a guy. I do. And Mahomes is the real deal.

You're damn right he is. He's a special, special player.

And I'd say this...if I were Whaley I'd trade up to get him if I felt I needed to. I'd surrender next years 1st if I thought I needed too.

Now for serious, I'm am high right now. But i mean that. I trade next years 1st if I had to.

Check the 2017 draft prospects thread that started last June.

Where were you back then?

:lol:

The Bills always act like they are set at QB. Meanwhile, the Patriots draft guys in early rounds at QB when they have the GOAT.

I don't get the logic of letting your "star" CB walk then drafting one with your 1st pick. So you spend a 1st to maybe get back to where you started. You didn't build anything or gain anything. Next year you do the same thing: let Sammy walk (for example) then you gotta draft a WR in round 1. Where's the profit? Where is the gain?

You aren't stopping the great offenses in this league unless you have an all-time great defense, and that lasts for 1-2 years before you get picked apart in free agency (see Seattle and Denver). Then you're just another team.

The Raiders should be good again this year. Why? Carr. The Falcons should win 13 games before losing in primetime again. Why? Matt Ryan. The Packers should be in the playoffs again. Why? Aaron Rogers.

Now there are all-around great teams with so-so QBs like the Chiefs out there, who roll up the wins then wimper out in the playoffs. And there are teams like the Saints and Colts who waste great talent at QB.

But overall, I would rather have a team with a modern NFL offense because you are always in it. Down 28-3 in the Super Bowl didn't matter to NE because you're a few passes to your RB who NOBODY FREAKING COVERS away from getting right back in it (and the inevitable Matt Ryan choke job).

Just get a damn QB in here already. Tyrod is fine short-term but you aren't winning anything with him.

Edited by TheFunPolice

Not to be all 'I told ya so' about a future event...

But I've been stating that the Bills must take Mahomes at 10 IF he's on the board. I've been saying that for months. And people mocked me. I'm not getting locked for it now.

I'm better than all the draft "experts" at QBs. Those guys are all gutless. They never commit to a guy. I do. And Mahomes is the real deal.

You're damn right he is. He's a special, special player.

And I'd say this...if I were Whaley I'd trade up to get him if I felt I needed to. I'd surrender next years 1st if I thought I needed too.

Now for serious, I'm am high right now. But i mean that. I trade next years 1st if I had to.

Also, for the record, I did a quick search, and the earliest I see any mention of Mahomes from you is mid-February...so "for months" seems like quite the exaggeration :lol::beer:

It's not where you start---it is where you finish. :thumbsup:

Hey, in all seriousness, the more folks that jump on the Mahomes bandwagon that Blokes and I have been driving since June, the better.

Yes let's just keep on drafting corners or wide outs or safties so we can miss the playoffs for another 10 years. Just like when we drafted

T.J Graham had to have that 3 round wide receiver and passed on Russell Wilson. I will say it again not only do we need to draft Mahomes at 10 but we also need to draft Chad Kelly in the 5th round if he's there. With these 4 QB's, Tyrod, Mahomes, Cardale Jones & Chad Kelly one of them may become a franchise QB. first up to prove if he can do it is Tyrod. Either you are or your not. If your not send him packing Next guy up. Nothing else matters until we find a QB so please spare me the talk about who looks good a Wideout or Saftey who the Fk cares. I repeat we will not be a winner until you get that franchise QB get it threw your thick head. No matter who we draft if you don't have a QB you have nothing.

Edited by billsareback

Yes let's just keep on drafting corners or wide outs or safties so we can miss the playoffs for another 10 years. Just like when we drafted

T.J Graham had to have that 3 round wide receiver and passed on Russell Wilson. I will say it again not only do we need to draft Mahomes at 10 but we also need to draft Chad Kelly in the 5th round if he's there. With these 4 QB's, Tyrod, Mahomes, Cardale Jones & Chad Kelly one of them may become a franchise QB. first up to prove if he can do it is Tyrod. Either you are or your not. If your not send him packing Next guy up. Nothing else matters until we find a QB so please spare me the talk about who looks good a Wideout or Saftey who the Fk cares. I repeat we will not be a winner until you get that franchise QB get it threw your thick head. No matter who we draft if you don't have a QB you have nothing.

You should seriously keep posting this same rant...it gets more effective each time.

To some degree, I jumped off the bandwagon I helped to create. The joys of a fluid process.

He's still my QB1...though I do believe that he's probably 3rd in terms of pro-readiness.

If you draft a CB in round one all you are doing is replacing something you already had, assuming the guy you draft pans out.

The Bills haven't been to the playoffs since today's college freshmen were 3-4 years old. Yet somehow they are tight against the cap with absolutely nothing to show for it. That alone is malfeasance.

You should seriously keep posting this same rant...it gets more effective each time.

He's still my QB1...though I do believe that he's probably 3rd in terms of pro-readiness.

Agreed on both. That footwork is atrocious, but it's like the upper half of his body just doesn't care. The ball gets where it's supposed to go. Is hoping he's there at 44 delusional?

I will be calling all you so called non believers out about Mahomes for years to come. You better hope the Bills grab him because when Mahomes starts taking his new team to the playoffs and Super Bowl and Probowls I will be rubbing your nose in it and everyone else's.

So go study how many Defensive Backs the Bills might draft.

Agreed on both. That footwork is atrocious, but it's like the upper half of his body just doesn't care. The ball gets where it's supposed to go. Is hoping he's there at 44 delusional?

I think he's destined for the middle to end of the 1st round and going to a team that has an entrenched, but aging starter. Something like 13 to Arizona, 23 to the Giants, 27 to the Chiefs, 30 to the Steelers, or someone trades up to ~20 to get ahead of that last group.

The Bills always act like they are set at QB. Meanwhile, the Patriots draft guys in early rounds at QB when they have the GOAT.

I don't get the logic of letting your "star" CB walk then drafting one with your 1st pick. So you spend a 1st to maybe get back to where you started. You didn't build anything or gain anything. Next year you do the same thing: let Sammy walk (for example) then you gotta draft a WR in round 1. Where's the profit? Where is the gain?

You aren't stopping the great offenses in this league unless you have an all-time great defense, and that lasts for 1-2 years before you get picked apart in free agency (see Seattle and Denver). Then you're just another team.

The Raiders should be good again this year. Why? Carr. The Falcons should win 13 games before losing in primetime again. Why? Matt Ryan. The Packers should be in the playoffs again. Why? Aaron Rogers.

Now there are all-around great teams with so-so QBs like the Chiefs out there, who roll up the wins then wimper out in the playoffs. And there are teams like the Saints and Colts who waste great talent at QB.

But overall, I would rather have a team with a modern NFL offense because you are always in it. Down 28-3 in the Super Bowl didn't matter to NE because you're a few passes to your RB who NOBODY FREAKING COVERS away from getting right back in it (and the inevitable Matt Ryan choke job).

Just get a damn QB in here already. Tyrod is fine short-term but you aren't winning anything with him.

It's been covered ad nausem, Gilmore got trucked by Le'veon Bell one time and got burnt by Chris Hogan on a play the safety didn't do his job, he's hot garbage and worth $12 million but not $14 million, plus, comp picks.

(I think I covered the argument from that side)

I'm in the "Mahomes at 10" camp unless Hooker or Adams falls (I can't see Adams, maybe Hooker). Mahomes along with Cardale would allow us to build a vertical offense that could suit the arm talent of either guy, whichever one wins the job. I don't think Watson could fit the same scheme, Kizer probably could but I'm just not that sold on him as I believe Prosise, Fuller and Stanley were a huge reason for his success. Yes, Mahomes did not play in a NFL scheme, but he also knew every single game came down to his arm as his defense wasn't stopping anyone and his receivers won't be playing on Sundays, he still had his team in most every game. There's work to be done with any of these QBs, but I'd rather start with the one possessing ideal size, excellent arm talent, who comes from a professional family.

I will be calling all you so called non believers out about Mahomes for years to come. You better hope the Bills grab him because when Mahomes starts taking his new team to the playoffs and Super Bowl and Probowls I will be rubbing your nose in it and everyone else's.

So go study how many Defensive Backs the Bills might draft.

1) how many folks are actually "non believers" with regard to Mahomes? You're in an echo-chamber here dude.

2) stop spamming the board with your opinion--we get it.

QB4 for me but he was always bound to grade fairly poorly in a couple of areas. I'm still a believer in the talent he possesses but I'm still not convinced that his ceiling (which is ultimately Aaron Rodgers-ish) is completely attainable. If the Bills take a shot to find out, I'll support them doing so. Might as well swing for the fences.

Sane goes for Kizer; I like what he can be. He's QB2 because I see an easier/quicker path to his ceiling being reached.