The only Mahomes thread you need

Estro

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kiper doesn't like this QB class. I'll give you that. McShay has Trubisky and Watson as first rounders on his big board.

Well you landed on EJ last time around so there is that. LOL

Hmmm. I see comprehension is a problem here too.

I didn't see a 1st round Quarterback in that class. I thought EJ and Glennon were best of a bad bunch.

Kiper doesn't like this QB class. I'll give you that. McShay has Trubisky and Watson as first rounders on his big board.

Hmmm. I see comprehension is a problem here too.

I didn't see a 1st round Quarterback in that class. I thought EJ and Glennon were best of a bad bunch.

You have BALLS talking about reading comprehension

McShay: I'll say this: It's not a great year to be drafting early and needing a quarterback. There's some depth (depending on how many underclassmen declare), but I don't see any elite prospects among those I've reviewed so far.

im not conviced its a bad draft

i just dont think there are day 1 starters

I'll say up front that there are no day one starters. And I'll say upfront that none of the qb prospects will make an impact their rookie year. There is nothing wrong with that. That is a strong argument to keep TT. Because we have a good bridge qb that is the best scenario for bringing in a qb prospect this year. Why start a rookie qb who isn't ready and have your team regress? With TT as a starter and with better coaching this team is a competitive team. Is it a playoff team? I can't say. But already having an experienced qb is a better situation to have than jettisoning him and then scouring the market for a lesser veteran qb to buy you some time for another qb's development.

You have BALLS talking about reading comprehension

McShay: I'll say this: It's not a great year to be drafting early and needing a quarterback. There's some depth (depending on how many underclassmen declare), but I don't see any elite prospects among those I've reviewed so far.

McShay is dead right. There are no elite prospects. I didn't think there were any elite prospects last year either.... anyone to tell me that Goff or Wentz played like elite prospects in 2016?

My argument has never been this is the best class ever. It has been that this is a normal QB year.... I personally think the top end talent is on a par if not better than what came out last year at the top but there isn't the same depth.

You are aguing this is like 2013. McShay had no QBs with 1st round grades on his 2013 Big Board. He has 2 this year. That is the difference.

McShay is dead right. There are no elite prospects. I didn't think there were any elite prospects last year either.... anyone to tell me that Goff or Wentz played like elite prospects in 2016?

My argument has never been this is the best class ever. It has been that this is a normal QB year.... I personally think the top end talent is on a par if not better than what came out last year at the top but there isn't the same depth.

You are aguing this is like 2013. McShay had no QBs with 1st round grades on his 2013 Big Board. He has 2 this year. That is the difference.

Do you think the Bills with their obvious WR needs should draft a QB at 10 or wait until Next year when their is a better crop and from what Tyrod haters are saying we should have a much better draft position... That is my point.

Edited by jms62

Do you think the Bills with their obvious WR needs should draft a QB at 10 or wait until Next year when their is a better crop and from what Tyrod haters are saying we should have a much better draft position... That is my point.

I haven't got into the tape on the 2018 QB class yet. I am but one man, I have a full time job. If someone wants to pay me to spend all day watching Quarterbacks I'll take it but that person would be a fool I am just an interested amateur.

My view on drafting Quarterbacks is if you like one (and my view is there is a lot to like about DeShaun Watson and a fair bit to like about Mitch Trubisky) and they fall to you then you take them regardless of perceived need elsewhere.

I also have to say (and this will not be a popular opinion I know because actually I'd be okay with Williams or Davis) I think there is a possibility that neither of the top 2 receivers will still be there at 10. The Titans will go receiver for me at #5 and I think both the Chargers at #7 and the Bengals at #9 are possible receiver teams as well.

I haven't got into the tape on the 2018 QB class yet. I am but one man, I have a full time job. If someone wants to pay me to spend all day watching Quarterbacks I'll take it but that person would be a fool I am just an interested amateur.

My view on drafting Quarterbacks is if you like one (and my view is there is a lot to like about DeShaun Watson and a fair bit to like about Mitch Trubisky) and they fall to you then you take them regardless of perceived need elsewhere.

I also have to say (and this will not be a popular opinion I know because actually I'd be okay with Williams or Davis) I think there is a possibility that neither of the top 2 receivers will still be there at 10. The Titans will go receiver for me at #5 and I think both the Chargers at #7 and the Bengals at #9 are possible receiver teams as well.

Screw the job. Quit it and start evaluating the prospects. Start your own podcast and live off the paltry proceeds. If you live on a diet of mostly pasta you can survive with a very low budget for food. There is something noble about following your dreams and being poor. Stop complaining and just do it! :D

Screw the job. Quit it and start evaluating the prospects. Start your own podcast and live off the paltry proceeds. If you live on a diet of mostly pasta you can survive with a very low budget for food. There is something noble about following your dreams and being poor. Stop complaining and just do it! :D

Haha. I actually quite like my job! There are some days watching prospects gets dreary too. I've been trying to get through my long list of linebackers to watch the last couple of evenings..... it has been slow progress.

I feel I am in a reasonably good place now on Quarterbacks, offensive linemen, receivers and defensive backs. Tight ends, running backs, edge rushers and linebackers to go.

I don't do kickers and punters. I'll leave that to Blokes :lol:

Edited by GunnerBill

The Bengals have Green & a high draft pick from last year.

The Bengals have Green & a high draft pick from last year.

Yep. Tyler Boyd was not good, even when AJ went down and he got more targets. His 1 TD was against us. I think the Bengals need tackle help, but they are not finding that at #9... they could go safety if Hooker or Adams remain or they could go receiver. That is how I see their likely options.