US News & World Report Best Places To Live

PromoTheRobot

I live in Austin, I have no doubts it's #1. And Orlando should be last.

not with the temps in the 90's!!

Interesting.... Though really these types of surveys are worthless.... where you live is a combination of personal choice and necessity....

Agree here

I live here too. The economy alone is likely the reason, despite how horrible the traffic is.

Traffic is the only complaint I have. Love the people, the entertainment, the jobs, the culture.

Edited by Chilly

Interesting.... Though really these types of surveys are worthless.... where you live is a combination of personal choice and necessity....

Did you see #100 San Juan? How the hell did they crack a 100! Such low numbers. All in 2s. Value .4. Other places were @ least in ballpark numberwise and they have to rank w/out any ties.

Denver #2... Just there in December and noticed they have a Corps Dam and Rez... Just gotta get the last child out of high school and love to do a transfer as a dam operator. Morrison, CO seems like a cool little town. Would love to move there. I was pumping gas next to a guy in town, struck up a convo about the octane thing. He grew up in Peoria, IL. He said: "Come move, just don't bring your friends!" I think he'd regret saying that, even if I didn't bring friends, once he met me for a little longer! :-)

Denver #2... Just there in December and noticed they have a Corps Dam and Rez... Just gotta get the last child out of high school and love to do a transfer as a dam operator. Morrison, CO seems like a cool little town. Would love to move there. I was pumping gas next to a guy in town, struck up a convo about the octane thing. He grew up in Peoria, IL. He said: "Come move, just don't bring your friends!" I think he'd regret saying that, even if I didn't bring friends, once he met me for a little longer! :-)

Morrison is a great town, but be prepared for the real estate prices. It's like monopoly money out here. The sentiment the guy shared with you is so typical for Colorado... "I'm here, but no one else move here after me." If you ever seriously consider the area, hit me up, I'll be glad to share whatever I can.

That being said:

HAHAHA!!!! Number 11 my ass!!!!! Public transportation is a joke. Real estate is falsely inflated. Urban sprawl is out of control. No east/west arteries. Horrible layout and planning for roadways. Serious lack of road maintenance. All the flavor and originality of an Applebees! Colorado Springs at number 11 is just laughable. Denver and Colorado Springs, et al will still piss and moan that they aren't number 1.

Edited by Bullpen