Pain Relief From Falcons Superbowl Loss

PolishDave

That or run the option. And earlier in that game, they were leading and had 3rd and short and go for a long pass play. I mean, WTF?

I hate when the team I am rooting for does that. Drives me friggin insane. Why try a low percentage play in a drive killing situation. Run the damn ball for the yard. Spread the field and QB sneak behind your best run blocker on the line. That is one thing that drives me nuts about statue quarterbacks. Go get your friggin yard you meat head.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is where they lost the game.

Bellicheat has some sort of ray that he bombards the opposing coaches with to cause them to do the most stupidest things at the worst possible times.

Case in point, Seattle is 1 yard away from winning the SB, Carroll decides to pass the ball instead of running marshawn lynch for the touchdown. Moron.

The difference is, if you are into analytics, Carroll made the correct call. A slightly off pass or route -- hard to say which -- and a superb defensive play and, voila!, the Pats receive another gift from Satan.

I hate when the team I am rooting for does that. Drives me friggin insane. Why try a low percentage play in a drive killing situation. Run the damn ball for the yard. Spread the field and QB sneak behind your best run blocker on the line. That is one thing that drives me nuts about statue quarterbacks. Go get your friggin yard you meat head.

I think it's classic overthinking/over-coaching/over-managing.

Many decision makers (in baseball and football, anyway) get hung up on, "this guy got us here," or, "we got here playing like this." The leave pitchers in too long or pass the ball when they should run, etc.

Often it's just best to rely on conventional wisdom.

The difference is, if you are into analytics, Carroll made the correct call. A slightly off pass or route -- hard to say which -- and a superb defensive play and, voila!, the Pats receive another gift from Satan.

Personally, calling anything other than a Lynch run would have been an incorrect call.

Personally, calling anything other than a Lynch run would have been an incorrect call.

Throwing it OVER THE MIDDLE there... is a disaster of a call. Any pass play has to be to your tallest receiver on a corner fade. Low percentage of INT, and the clock still stops if that's what you're worrying about.

That or you know... use your QBs speed and play action bootleg. He can scramble for the td, hit an open receiver for the td, or just throw it out of bounds if no ones open.

Edited by dneveu

I can't see a situation where im throwing it over the middle on 2nd and goal from the 1. Theyre stacking for a run, and they have to maintain contain on a running QB, and you have a good power back. I may not run it there as they only had 1 timeout, but i likely call play action there. Can still stop the clock and run twice if you don't get in.

As the old saying goes, when you pass the ball three (more like five) things can happen and two (four) of them are bad.

Did you get your degree in the Bahamas or something Doc? :lol:

Completion, pass interference, holding, personal foul for hitting defenseless receiver, roughing the passer...........the risk of interception and incompletion is totally worth it......that's why it's a passing league. :doh:

It's the type of devastating loss that an NFL franchise will likely not bounce back from. At least in the immediate future.

Falcons will likely have a losing record in 2017. I'm calling it right now.

The bills rebounded from the single greatest kick in the nuts in NFL history to make another superbowl...only to get B word-slapped

The bills rebounded from the single greatest kick in the nuts in NFL history to make another superbowl...only to get B word-slapped

That's why the national respect for those Bills teams grows with each passing year. No team since then has returned to the Super Bowl after losing it the previous year even once. Those sick bastards did it three times.

Did you get your degree in the Bahamas or something Doc? :lol:

Completion, pass interference, holding, personal foul for hitting defenseless receiver, roughing the passer...........the risk of interception and incompletion is totally worth it......that's why it's a passing league. :doh:

In every situation? Duh, no.

I spent the SB in Vegas....won over $1700 taking the Pats, the over and a bunch of pro Pats props. I did all of this as disappointment insurance in case the Pats won again, and even with all of that I'm miserable. Some pain you just can't relieve.

It's the type of devastating loss that an NFL franchise will likely not bounce back from. At least in the immediate future.

:lol::lol::lol:

Maybe, but I really doubt it. I think they are going to be a contender in the NFC for at least the next few years.

Once they really learn how to play defense, that team is going to be quite exceptional.

They played good defense in the playoffs up until somewhere in the 3rd quarter of the Superbowl. During the regular season though, their defense wasn't all that great.

Hopefully they are not so great when the Bills play them.

Prevent defense prevents you from winning. I could not believe it. I actually felt bad for them and I bet NE. Ryan was the MvP until he got sacked and took them out of FG range and than the fumble. What were they thinking? Went to there heads for sure. What a shame and I hate NE even more now. Yes I took the money.

At least Kyle admitted he choked the game away for them. Yeah, in comfortable FG range (would have been a 37-yarder), let's pass the ball! Moron.

Not unreasonable to expect your QB to be smart enough to throw the ball away rather than take a brain damaged sack in that situation either though.

He took the bullet for his QB IMO.

Edited by CodeMonkey

:lol::lol::lol:

Maybe, but I really doubt it. I think they are going to be a contender in the NFC for at least the next few years.

Once they really learn how to play defense, that team is going to be quite exceptional.

They played good defense in the playoffs up until somewhere in the 3rd quarter of the Superbowl. During the regular season though, their defense wasn't all that great.

Hopefully they are not so great when the Bills play them.

Odds are they miss the playoffs next year.

Not unreasonable to expect your QB to be smart enough to throw the ball away rather than take a brain damaged sack in that situation either though.

He took the bullet for his QB IMO.

He should never have called a pass play. Running the ball ensures the clock keeps running.

Bold move, Cotton.

Actually , while I don't have the stats right at hand, as a former gambler, it was always common knowledge that you essentially bet against he last Super Bowl loser during the following season.