Super Bowl LI thread

YoloinOhio

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just might be the greatest game I've ever seen. I knew the comeback was on at halftime with the prophets of doom proclaiming Brady as dead. They really should know better.

I'm hearing and reading this a lot this morning, but I don't agree. Huge comebacks are weird and more than a little boring. One team dominates for an entire half, BORING, then the other team dominates the 2nd half -with timely breaks. For me, Bills @ San Fran 1991 was the greatest game ever. Back and forth all game long, very few penalties and NO PUNTS! Decided by the team with the ball last.

I completely skipped the playoffs this year. It may be just me, but the random holding calls (these have been around longer than I've been watching) and more importantly the game changing PI calls (these almost never used to be called until Brady and Manning) have ruined the game. Championships should not be decided by officials, imho.

So... we're there any pivotal PI calls? How about the timely holding penalties?

And I agree with Chandler#81 - the SF game in (I thought it was '92?) was good a game as it gets.

I completely skipped the playoffs this year. It may be just me, but the random holding calls (these have been around longer than I've been watching) and more importantly the game changing PI calls (these almost never used to be called until Brady and Manning) have ruined the game. Championships should not be decided by officials, imho.

So... we're there any pivotal PI calls? How about the timely holding penalties?

And I agree with Chandler#81 - the SF game in (I thought it was '92?) was good a game as it gets.

You're right. I stand corrected.

:doh:

@PSchrags

Wow I didn't know that! But they were trying to run the score up. They wanted it to be a historic win for them. Weird that Onseemed to dominate but onky scored 21 points (20 if that bad call wasn't made on the blocked extra point.)

Wild stat. Falcons called only 5 running plays after securing a 28-3 lead. @NFLonFOX

I'm hearing and reading this a lot this morning, but I don't agree. Huge comebacks are weird and more than a little boring. One team dominates for an entire half, BORING, then the other team dominates the 2nd half -with timely breaks. For me, Bills @ San Fran 1991 was the greatest game ever. Back and forth all game long, very few penalties and NO PUNTS! Decided by the team with the ball last.

I didn't think it was as good as the NE - SEA Superbowl. A zillion times better than last year's borefest though

Attached link of the highlights of the game. There were countless great throws and some extraordinary catches by the receivers. James White was a difference maker in this game.

A side note: Alan Branch is a talented player who has a tendency to get lazy and slide back. That's what happened during his stay in Buffalo. He goes to the Pats where there is a rigorous standard and little toleration for a lack of effort and discipline. He was an anchor lineman in this game and all season. He came up with the critical fumble. If you watch him you will notice him constantly pushing the pile backwards.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/02/06/video-top-plays-super-bowl-li/

I was bored(and hungover) for much of this game.

Greatest Super Bowl of all time? No way. It got good in the 4th but for much of the game it was pretty damn boring I thought.

I agree. An entertaining/great game is one where teams go back and forth countering each other. This game was a snooze fest by the Pats in the first half and a bigger snooze fest by the Falcons second half.

An investigation?

Lol. The game is fake because the Falcons royally choked?

It was literally nearly impossible to lose that game. The level of incompetence, at the highest level of the sport, is so staggering in this situation that questions need to be answered. So many obvious mistakes were made that it nearly looks intentional.

Attached link of the highlights of the game. There were countless great throws and some extraordinary catches by the receivers. James White was a difference maker in this game.

A side note: Alan Branch is a talented player who has a tendency to get lazy and slide back. That's what happened during his stay in Buffalo. He goes to the Pats where there is a rigorous standard and little toleration for a lack of effort and discipline. He was an anchor lineman in this game and all season. He came up with the critical fumble. If you watch him you will notice him constantly pushing the pile backwards.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/02/06/video-top-plays-super-bowl-li/

Branch played extremely well yesterday. There is a reason he was a first round pick, and he's clearly a guy affected by team culture.

Running the ball 5 times up 25...Ridiculous.

Also the first 2 point conversion, i was yelling what play they were running with the high snap. How do coaches game plan 2 weeks but not know that its coming?

The Tyree style catch I knew the Falcons were toast.

Also the first 2 point conversion, i was yelling what play they were running with the high snap. How do coaches game plan 2 weeks but not know that its coming?

Well, Freeman was only averaging 6.8 yards per carry...

Shanahan's and by extension Quinn's game management skills are highly suspect for not running three straight times after Julio's catch that gave them 1st and ten from the NE 22 when a FG essentially wraps the SB win up for ATL. I will never understand what they were thinking.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz