Bills interested in Romo!

KGun12TD

You are misreading the situation here GunnerBill. This devotion to Taylor does not exist. It looks like it because so many have to deal with ridiculous nonsense by a few of the anti TT crowd who literally manipulate information, make up stuff, and simply state false things to do anything to get people behind the idea of cutting Taylor all together. They simply post passing yard rankings and completely ignore the production with his legs, the impact he has on the run game, and the facts that we were one of the highest scoring teams in the league with him under center. They do everything in their power to devalue any production, scoring, etc that Taylor achieved. Its these stupid posts that bring out the people defending against that non sense.

The vast majority, including myself, feel that Taylor has holes and areas he needs to improve on and I havent seen anyone speak of Taylor as if he's irreplaceable. But, we also know that our defense was a far bigger problem and that we can compete this year with even a modest improvement to the D. We also recognize that Taylor has had to deal with his best playmakers frequently being injured, terrible RT performances, 2 OC's (really 3 going back to Balt) in 2 seasons here, and dealt with a some injuries on himself. And he still has less than 2 full seasons of starts under his belt. So there is still reason to believe he can improve in some of his weaker areas moving forward as well.

With a better coaching staff suited for the personnel on the D, the return of Shaq and Rags to start the season, Dareus here the full year, and what ever additions we make in FA/Draft in the secondary...its easy to expect a reasonable improvement from the D, if not a significant one. At QB however, there is no easy path to a better option right now over TT. No one is opposed to finding one, but the reality is that they don't grow on trees and good QB's are not typically available.

You see, the biggest difference here is the anti TT crowd (which is really only the same few boasters) have made ridiculous absolute declarations about him, labeled him the biggest problem, and will change any story to serve that agenda at all times. While the rest of us look at him logically and realize we could do a LOT worse than TT, there isn't a clear better QB to replace him with, and that this draft is not an ideal year to cut a guy like TT and go all in on a questionable prospect.

+1 thank you

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This. Those Cot'ers always jumpy.

:lol::thumbsup:

NO.

No romo. Tank it all, sell all talent, start over. Hopefully after three seasons (by which time Brady should be gone) we'll be ready to roll.

no need to tank it all. we could focus on the defense and neglect the offense, finish with a horrible record, draft all offense in 2018 and have a good D and we are on the rebound.

Gee....how Bills-ish. See Drew Bledsoe, Mario Williams, Terrell Owens, etc.

Give him a key to the city, and then all the fans will re-up seasons tickets and we can go 6-10, get a new coach in two years, rinse repeat. This smells of Russ, our modern PT Barnum.

Gee....how Bills-ish. See Drew Bledsoe, Mario Williams, Terrell Owens, etc.

Give him a key to the city, and then all the fans will re-up seasons tickets and we can go 6-10, get a new coach in two years, rinse repeat. This smells of Russ, our modern PT Barnum.

I don't think there is cause for worry. If you are Tony Romo, are you going to Buffalo?

Great post! :thumbsup:

You're absolutely right.

Truth is that there are a handful of posters who jump in on threads and try to get everyone's jack up rather than trying to have a real conversation. That's all it really is. Changes the overall heat level of the board by a notch.

Yes, in my experience you have to be right for several years in a row for them to stop, so right that eventually even the dumbest here cant argue your post.

Written without a shred of irony...

an astute observation...ill put up my record here which after 5 years or so is sparklingly lucid and accurate, albeit always a year or two early for the masses.

Masses who were always so quick to be "In" on my posts which a year later were the common opinion of both the media and this board.

Yea and Brady takes steroids and has a deal with the devil.

this was my post last year, did you get that from me or do you know the devil too? i think maybe im wrong for once, i though montana had the deal to be greatest qb ever. but now its looking like brady made it. montana never lost one though...and isnt gay either.

Romo will put up the yardage with Sammy and Clay.

IMO if he comes here the over/under should be at 10.

Sweep the Jets and Dolphins (we did it with lesser QBs) and split with NE. That gets you to 5.

Over and Under 10 Games Played? I'll bet the Under ALL DAY LONG

Romo will put up the yardage with Sammy and Clay.

IMO if he comes here the over/under should be at 10.

Sweep the Jets and Dolphins (we did it with lesser QBs) and split with NE. That gets you to 5.

Easily. When your passing game is broken you hire a great passer.

Won't happen though, other teams will go hard after him as well.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

You are misreading the situation here GunnerBill. This devotion to Taylor does not exist. It looks like it because so many have to deal with ridiculous nonsense by a few of the anti TT crowd who literally manipulate information, make up stuff, and simply state false things to do anything to get people behind the idea of cutting Taylor all together. They simply post passing yard rankings and completely ignore the production with his legs, the impact he has on the run game, and the facts that we were one of the highest scoring teams in the league with him under center. They do everything in their power to devalue any production, scoring, etc that Taylor achieved. Its these stupid posts that bring out the people defending against that non sense.

The vast majority, including myself, feel that Taylor has holes and areas he needs to improve on and I havent seen anyone speak of Taylor as if he's irreplaceable. But, we also know that our defense was a far bigger problem and that we can compete this year with even a modest improvement to the D. We also recognize that Taylor has had to deal with his best playmakers frequently being injured, terrible RT performances, 2 OC's (really 3 going back to Balt) in 2 seasons here, and dealt with a some injuries on himself. And he still has less than 2 full seasons of starts under his belt. So there is still reason to believe he can improve in some of his weaker areas moving forward as well.

With a better coaching staff suited for the personnel on the D, the return of Shaq and Rags to start the season, Dareus here the full year, and what ever additions we make in FA/Draft in the secondary...its easy to expect a reasonable improvement from the D, if not a significant one. At QB however, there is no easy path to a better option right now over TT. No one is opposed to finding one, but the reality is that they don't grow on trees and good QB's are not typically available.

You see, the biggest difference here is the anti TT crowd (which is really only the same few boasters) have made ridiculous absolute declarations about him, labeled him the biggest problem, and will change any story to serve that agenda at all times. While the rest of us look at him logically and realize we could do a LOT worse than TT, there isn't a clear better QB to replace him with, and that this draft is not an ideal year to cut a guy like TT and go all in on a questionable prospect.

This excellent post should just be cut and pasted on every thread where the trolls call for cutting Tyrod.

Trade for Romo.

Re-sign Woods (better chance of that with Romo here)

Re-sign Gilmore

Draft the best WR you can at #10

Kyle probably sticks around in this case as well.

Let's go have some fun for once. If Romo stays healthy and has Sammy Woods, Clay, the rookie WR and McCoy at his disposal this team is winning 10+ games.

The offseason is exciting. The team makes money. There is a buzz around the Bills. AND if Romo can avoid breaking his back again they are going to win games and be very fun to watch.

In short, the Bills will actually be entertaining and have a legitimate shot to win for the first time in forever.

Worst case scenario: Romo gets hurt and the team finishes with between 7 and 9 wins. In other words, every other Bills season. If it all falls apart and they finish with 5 or fewer wins then fine. Draft a QB. You'll already have Sammy AND the #10 overall WR.

If you get him via trade there is no cap penalty for cutting him if it doesn't work out either.

There is literally no downside to brining him in. None.

I want to see the Bills with a real, honest to God QB again, playing in prime time, big games, and games in January with something really on the line.

Edited by TheFunPolice

I didn't catch John Clayton's spot on WGR this week but from what I understand, he said he expects Bills and Bears to be biggest players for Romo.

I think he might look at the Bills as a better spot than some think.

There are weapons on this offense. They can run the ball very well. Sammy is a stud when healthy. Clay can be dangerous if the QB throws to him.

Then there is the fanbase. Romo comes here and he will be hailed as a hero. He IS good, so all he has to do is stay healthy and play his game and the team will win a lot of games. If he can be the guy to lead this team back to the playoffs he will be celebrated here in a way that he won't be anywhere else, especially Chicago, where he will go, play well, and win 7 games because they stink and have a tougher overall division.

Here the Patriots are obviously great but the Jets and Dolphins are totally beatable. The Bears have the Packers and the Lions, plus a pretty solid Vikings team to deal with.

I'll bet Romo remembers that Dallas/Buffalo MNF game here and how electric the atmosphere was.

Edited by TheFunPolice

There are weapons on this offense. They can run the ball very well. Sammy is a stud when healthy. Clay can be dangerous if the QB throws to him.

Then there is the fanbase. Romo comes here and he will be hailed as a hero. He IS good, so all he has to do is stay healthy and play his game and the team will win a lot of games. If he can be the guy to lead this team back to the playoffs he will be celebrated here in a way that he won't be anywhere else, especially Chicago, where he will go, play well, and win 7 games because they stink.

1) He's been breaking bones on the regular since 2012.....his injury history is truly awful.

2) The Bills OL is not talented and very poor in pass protection.

3) Their run game under Roman was slow developing. Penetration killed the Bills run game.......but Tyrod took the aggression out of defenses which bought time for the backs........here Romo will amp it up and they'll play the run on the way to him.

Then there is the fanbase. Romo comes here and he will be hailed as a hero. He IS good, so all he has to do is stay healthy and play his game and the team will win a lot of games. If he can be the guy to lead this team back to the playoffs he will be celebrated here in a way that he won't be anywhere else, especially Chicago, where he will go, play well, and win 7 games because they stink and have a tougher overall division.

Here the Patriots are obviously great but the Jets and Dolphins are totally beatable. The Bears have the Packers and the Lions, plus a pretty solid Vikings team to deal with.

I'll bet Romo remembers that Dallas/Buffalo MNF game here and how electric the atmosphere was.

I still tend to believe Denver is where he ends up, but it seems like a lot of the national guys are linking him to Chicago based upon him being from the general area or the Jets based upon their market and a potential transition into media. But I'm not sure either team is remotely near where we are in relation to winning. I don't see how Houston and make it work financially, I don't see the Chiefs being so bold as to flip out Alex Smith for Romo and the 49ers and Browns aren't playing the same game talent wise.

Taking either Davis or Williams at 10 and a defensive scheme that fits our personnel better could make us a very attractive destination, but the national guys will never admit it because we are tiny old Buffalo and it's cold for ~3 games out of the year.