The Trump Economy

GG

8 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Which is why, I contend, ALL americans should have been pro-brexit.

Anything to weaken the Euros strengthens us.

CNN and friends declared the only reason for Brexit was 100% racial hatred

a lot of people in my life adopted this mantra

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, GG said:

They've always been an economic foe, and that wasn't debatable by anyone.  Until Trump decided to point it out.

Wasn't that the entire point of establishing the EU as an economic bloc?  Why else would you do it?

I mean...to take an example at a smaller scale, it's not like Aerospatile, MBB, and Dornier were going to successfully compete with Boeing on their own, without forming Airbus.

13 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Wasn't that the entire point of establishing the EU as an economic bloc?  Why else would you do it?

I mean...to take an example at a smaller scale, it's not like Aerospatile, MBB, and Dornier were going to successfully compete with Boeing on their own, without forming Airbus.

The UK has only for certain years seen itself as a full member of the Euro Community since WW2, maybe never since Harold Wilson left office???

Just sayin', they like their independence from it...

6 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Or you could have quoted my response above :)

23 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

No. They did not form the EU to be a foe. 

15 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-california-jobs-20180720-story.html

Looks like the trade war is impacting California. If the greatest state economy in the country --bar none!- catches a cold, the rest will follow. Trump is making a big, big mistake with this stupid trade war

Do you even bother to read what you link to? Your article gave several different causes including "full employment" but clearly stated that it was not only too soon to tell if tariffs had any affect on the added jobs but probably wouldn't have any real affect in the long run.

2 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Do you even bother to read what you link to? Your article gave several different causes including "full employment" but clearly stated that it was not only too soon to tell if tariffs had any affect on the added jobs but probably wouldn't have any real affect in the long run.

Words are hard things for Tibs. He prefers picture books, especially the kind you color in.

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Looks like the trade war is impacting California. If the greatest state economy in the country --bar none!- catches a cold, the rest will follow. Trump is making a big, big mistake with this stupid trade war

Economists, however, cautioned against reading too much into one or two months of data.

Even economists who've never met you think you're an idiot.

• Haha (+1) 4

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Greatest state economy!??

On 7/18/2018 at 2:48 PM, 3rdnlng said:

Ah, the "what would gator do" test.

OBTW who the hell is this "Gator" character y'all keep referring to?