Women's March On Washington

the echo chamber is only an echo chamber to you because you agree with him. he spoke in platitudes and figuratively. simply because he worked with poor folks doesn't mean he is an expert.

Joseph Goebbels worked with Jews, he must be an expert to quote.

Echo chamber of this place. Not me. I don't necessarily agree with him. I am happy that he is brave enough to post here.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Echo chamber of this place. Not me. I don't necessarily agree with him. I am happy that he is brave enough to post here.

how is someone brave to post on an internet forum in complete anonymity? is one more brave to post this on a street corner beside their house? or to do so without anonymity?

Look... We all know who we are. You know my name, I know yours... I know his, and actually met him. How anonymous is that?

still, this is an internet forum.

that is part of the magic of this place.

shirely, if 6 of us got in a room to discuss the various things we discuss here it would be much much different. likely, conflict avoided. but if conflict arose it would not be as simple as ignore. there would be anger, intimidation and mockery. and the barrage of insults and name calling would transition to threats and for this most could not be brave enough to discuss such things in public with those they already know, Eric.

However, the truly bold mention this at a bar. the truth bold and those wanting to engage will walk in to a biker bar and overhear a conversation that knives are the best thing to stab someone with and he would say that a sword is better. or walk in to a hipster bar in Durham with a tranny being interviewed on tv as everyone gazed upon it and laugh asking to have the channel change to sports and call all the college douchebags snowflakes who should go home and such each other off to down their beers. see that's brave. and foolish.

but posting on a forum where there are no repercussions... not brave.

still, this is an internet forum.

that is part of the magic of this place.

shirely, if 6 of us got in a room to discuss the various things we discuss here it would be much much different. likely, conflict avoided. but if conflict arose it would not be as simple as ignore. there would be anger, intimidation and mockery. and the barrage of insults and name calling would transition to threats and for this most could not be brave enough to discuss such things in public with those they already know, Eric.

However, the truly bold mention this at a bar. the truth bold and those wanting to engage will walk in to a biker bar and overhear a conversation that knives are the best thing to stab someone with and he would say that a sword is better. or walk in to a hipster bar in Durham with a tranny being interviewed on tv as everyone gazed upon it and laugh asking to have the channel change to sports and call all the college douchebags snowflakes who should go home and such each other off to down their beers. see that's brave. and foolish.

but posting on a forum where there are no repercussions... not brave.

I understand what you are saying Jeff, maybe someday we will meet & all have a chuckle. Gr8 part about these boards is that it is close and people stick around. Edited by ExiledInIllinois

John Podhoretz at Commentary:

It cannot go on like this. It’s been five days since the inaugural and the adrenalized, hypercaffeinated, speed-freak affect of the entire chattering class is beginning to seem like we’re living through Bob Woodward’s classic depiction in his book Wired of John Belushi’s final overcharged sleepless days before dying from a cocaine speedball overdose in 1981.

If every word out of Donald Trump’s mouth is greeted with shrieks of horror and rage and anger and despair and hysteria by his opponents, they are going to find it impossible to serve as any kind of effective opposition to him.

Meanwhile, Noemie Emery points out at the Washington Examiner some obvious facts about the wymyn’s march last Saturday that the rest of the media “analysis” can’t be bothered to notice:

An estimated 1 million people in the United States and in cities in countries around the world turned out for the feminist protests against the new president, far too many in strange-looking hats while carrying signs that referenced female anatomy in other than medical terms.

The female population of the United States was listed in 2014 as 162 million. If one subtracts 62 million for children and others it means that 100 million more women chose not to attend the marches, ignored them, or didn’t know they took place.
More important than this is the fact that more than two months before American women en-masse had marched to the polls, where white women voted against Hillary Clinton, 53 percent to 47 percent, and the feminist movement did not take this well.

“White women sold out the sisterhood and the world,” said one Slate writer, who blamed this result on “Self-loathing. Hypocrisy. And, of course, a racist view of the world.” And how in the world did this get to be racist? Because the white women had fallen down in their duty to stand with the non-white, the disabled, and those of gender-fluidity in the battle against the white male establishment that had been oppressing them all.

All of this shrieking by the left is having a predictable effect: his public approval ratings are rising—up to 57 percent in one new poll just out.

I understand what you are saying Jeff, maybe someday we will meet & all have a chuckle. Gr8 part about these boards is that it is close and people stick around.

i'll take you up on that any time you're nearby. and will let you know any time i am in that area

this is such a jaded viewpoint confirming how little you actually understand those in poverty, felons/ex-cons, minorities, and many people across this country who struggle to even live paycheck to paycheck. your confirmed pre conceived notions likely becauset you were looking for them - but the importance of that is you already had a viewpoint and bias.

and, yes, i have MUCH more experience with these types of people then you. your one year is a pale comparison.

I hadn't realized it was a contest. I was curious about his perspective, came off as suspicious, LA asked a question and I answered it to offer some transparency toward my own.

Mine also just happens to be a relative to a tiny corner of our universe that everybody these days pretends to be an expert on but has ever visited.

I'm not sure why you insist on making everything so combative. It's my perspective. It might be wrong to you, fine. But I don't profess to know anything about you while you profess to know much about me. And in a hostile way. Your issues, I guess.

Interestingly, I'm sure spending my entire childhood growing up poor, living in minority communities, being in their homes, attending the same schools, playing on the same teams, many of these friendships I still retain, in no way informed me of what it is like to grow up in these circumstances.

Absolutely not. But your experiences 20-30 years ago simply aren't the same as what happens nowadays, and particular here in Chicago. It's different. I don't claim to be an expert on what you understand. I'm not sure what gives you the authority to see things through their eyes, or mine for that matter.

Edited by The Big Cat

i'll take you up on that any time you're nearby. and will let you know any time i am in that area

Great! I was suppose to meet up w/Meade @ SF game but hooked up tickets w/another group, parked in another lot... I wanna make opening day if schedule works for once!

Big cat and crew were gr8 with Chicago game. I gotta a friend in Creedmoor, NC... Never got down to see them last 20 years... I think that's only a 100 miles from you? Maybe I will be in those neck of the woods... Children getting older, oldest is away at college, got one more to shepard in 3 years!

Peace! Bygones be bygones!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Actually, a very large number of them were blackmailed into going to the march. "Protest with me, or we're going shoe shopping. Your choice."

I would have chosen shopping for shoes. At least that would put her in a good mood, I'd be spending money that would have been spent on plane tickets anyway, and crowds at malls and stores don't irritate me like being stuck in a crowd of pissed-off women.

I would have chosen shopping for shoes. At least that would put her in a good mood, I'd be spending money that would have been spent on plane tickets anyway, and crowds at malls and stores don't irritate me like being stuck in a crowd of pissed-off women.

Plus, the crowds at the mall would have been smaller, since not only were all the women were marching in DC but they'd presumably already went shopping for comfortable marching shoes...

Absolutely not. But your experiences 20-30 years ago simply aren't the same as what happens nowadays, and particular here in Chicago. It's different. I don't claim to be an expert on what you understand. I'm not sure what gives you the authority to see things through their eyes, or mine for that matter.

How in the world would you know if my experiences are the same as what happens today? You weren't there.

Also, I never claimed to have any authority, it's you who implied that you have it, and are now nearly directly stating that you in fact have the authority to see things through mine, searching to find "my perspective" in order that you could be dismissive of it.

When I was seven my father broke his back and we moved back east to live with my grandparents while he healed and went through a career change through a vocational program. Two years later, he took a job as an intern making $12k a year as a computer programmer, while my mother worked selling Avon while she raised my three siblings and I. From there, until I moved out of the house at 18 to go to college, we lived in a poor Hispanic neighborhood in a largely shuttered factory town. I was only the second member of my family to attend college.

Actually, I was almost seven. I'm pretty sure I was still six when the move happened.

Ah, so you were the extra in The Accused?

Plus, the crowds at the mall would have been smaller, since not only were all the women were marching in DC but they'd presumably already went shopping for comfortable marching shoes...

Can you just imagine how much worse they would have been had they been marching in heels?

:lol:

Can you just imagine how much worse they would have been had they been marching in heels?

:lol:

Oh please, there's no way a woman is going out with other women and not wearing her best shoes regardless of comfort.

Have to check the closet to see if I have anything that matches my kitty hat...