Who fills these open QB spots

There are 7 potential open QB spots in 2017. I am assuming for the purposes of this that Palmer and Rivers play another year and Cousins goes back to Washington. What I am looking for is the name of the QB that starts for these teams next year on opening day. To be clear obvious placeholders like Keenum over Goff don't count. Use Goff as he is the guy that they would be planning on going forward with.

Cleveland - Jimmy G (trade 1st pick of 2nd round)

SF - Watson (1st round)

Jets - Mitch T (1st round)

Bears - Romo (trade)

Bills - TT

Broncos - Siemian

Texans - Mahomes (1st round)

If another job opens I'd think Glennon would be next in line.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are 7 potential open QB spots in 2017. I am assuming for the purposes of this that Palmer and Rivers play another year and Cousins goes back to Washington. What I am looking for is the name of the QB that starts for these teams next year on opening day. To be clear obvious placeholders like Keenum over Goff don't count. Use Goff as he is the guy that they would be planning on going forward with.

Cleveland - Jimmy G (trade 1st pick of 2nd round)

SF - Watson (1st round)

Jets - Mitch T (1st round)

Bears - Romo (trade)

Bills - TT

Broncos - Siemian

Texans - Mahomes (1st round)

If another job opens I'd think Glennon would be next in line.

Nice topic

I'll go...

Cleveland: DeShone Kizer

SF: Jimmy Garoppolo

Jets: DeShawn Watson

Bears: Mitch Trubisky

Bills: Tyrod Taylor

Broncos: Trevor Siemien

Texans: Tony Romo

Nice topic

I'll go...

Not bad, I worry about Kizer. He looks like the guy that might fall on draft day to me. If McDaniels goes to SF that makes sense (Shanahan too). I just don't know if they can put together the package that Cleveland can. Nice list though Bandit!!

And people think Taylor won't cash in on free agency. He'll hit the lottery if the Bills don't pick up his option.

He won't get more than the Bills option deal. That's what he's going to get one way or the other.

I'm surprised everyone thinks Watson is going to go so high. His draft doesn't have him as a top 10 pick.

Edited by vincec

Cutler doesn't start next year?

Possible. Not sure it's likely.

He certainly could--I was approaching it from the standpoint of who would be the guy that each team would build around for the next 2-3 years

It's a good point though

Edited by thebandit27

He certainly could--I was approaching it from the standpoint of who would be the guy that each team would build around for the next 2-3 years

It's a good point though

Just put Cutler with the Jets and let Watson fall to us.

Even if Watson is a bust, we still win with the Jets taking Cutler. :)

Nice topic

I'll go...

Cleveland: Watson with their 2nd 1st Round pick @ #12

Bears: Deshone Kizer

Jets: Mitch Trubisky

SF: Janeane Garofalo

Broncos: Tony Romo

Texans: Pat Mahomes

Bills: Jay Cutler

He won't get more than the Bills option deal. That's what he's going to get one way or the other.

I'm surprised everyone thinks Watson is going to go so high. His draft doesn't have him as a top 10 pick.

Disagree. If there really are that many teams looking for a QB, it will become a bidding war for Taylor. That's why he's never going to renegotiate with the Bills. No reason to. Also why the injury option thing is complete media-generated BS. The Bills would be doing him a favor not picking up his option. Edited by PromoTheRobot

Disagree. If there really are that many teams looking for a QB, it will become a bidding war for Taylor. That's why he's never going to renegotiate with the Bills. No reason to. Also why the injury option thing is complete media-generated BS. The Bills would be doing him a favor not picking up his option.

No one is going to overpay for his services because they know he's not good enough. His potential is next to zero.

Disagree. If there really are that many teams looking for a QB, it will become a bidding war for Taylor. That's why he's never going to renegotiate with the Bills. No reason to. Also why the injury option thing is complete media-generated BS. The Bills would be doing him a favor not picking up his option.

if the bills really wanted to make a move they could trade him in that march 11 window...maybe we could get a 2nd? you know someone sees his nice td to int ratio and thinks they could get more out of him. it's why the texans went after brock. they see that deep ball and will see big plays.