Who fills these open QB spots

Cleveland: RG3 (I agree with Bandit that they draft DeShone Kizer though)

SF: Jimmy Garoppolo

Jets: Mitch Trubisky

Bears: Deshaun Watson

Bills: Tyrod Taylor

Broncos: Tony Romo

Texans: Jay Cutler

Cleveland: Deshone Kizer (12)

SF: Mitch Trubisky (2)

Jets: Deshaun Watson (6)

Bears: Tony Romo

Bills: Jay Cutler

Broncos: Carson Palmer

Texans: Mahomes (25)

Cardinals: Tyrod Taylor

I decided to throw a wrench into things. :oops:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have argued that the Bills "dysfunction" rap is wrong, that what we're seeing is the end of that era. But if the Bills drop TT, bring in Romo or Cutler, or use the #10 pick on a QB,I will have to admit the nay sayers were correct and I was totally wrong. I might even elevate the org to the fabled level of "dumpster fire."

It's been a long, painful era. And for the Bills, given their history, it may not be over yet. Perhaps "shock therapy" will help.

Jimmy G in Houston is interesting to me. They are stuck without Brock's contract for another year but if they can bring in Garoppolo for their 1st for example it makes sense. They can pay him next year (when I think that he becomes a FA). That didn't cross my mind but is an interesting thought.

I never thought about this path, but it makes the most sense for Houston. They have that killer cap for Brock, but if they trade for QB still on a low rookie contract they can get a QB with a good chance of being that last piece for getting in the Superbowl in 2017. A straight out high price FA or a vet with a high price existing contract is out for cap reasons, but a rookie still under contract is the way for them to go. Not sure if Jimmy G is right one, but someone like him is definitely their best bet.

I have argued that the Bills "dysfunction" rap is wrong, that what we're seeing is the end of that era. But if the Bills drop TT, bring in Romo or Cutler, or use the #10 pick on a QB,I will have to admit the nay sayers were correct and I was totally wrong. I might even elevate the org to the fabled level of "dumpster fire."

What will you do when we make the postseason?

Jets draft ANOTHER QB and in the 1st round ? Nope- Chasing Glennon

The rumor is Tyrod is their target if he hits FA. I actually think that they draft someone in the 1st though instead. Their roster is old, ready for a rebuild and the QBs that they have are AWFUL. They'll try to get it right this year.

Here is what Marc Sessler of NFL.com had (he used Washington instead of Houston):

Browns: Tyrod Taylor

» Niners: Jimmy Garoppolo

» Bears: Deshaun Watson

» Jets: Mitch Trubisky

» Bills: Trevor Siemian

» Redskins: Kirk Cousins

» Broncos: Tony Romo

just saw this... it actually would make some sense and is out of the box thinking on Siemian. But I'd rather start Cardale. Denver offense last year was bad because of Siemian's limitations.

The rumor is Tyrod is their target if he hits FA. I actually think that they draft someone in the 1st though instead. Their roster is old, ready for a rebuild and the QBs that they have are AWFUL. They'll try to get it right this year.

The Jets' Hackenberg selection never made sense to me. Their intention was not to play him his first year and spend it on modifying his mechanics. So clearly they knew there were issues with him as a passer. The word leaking out of their facility at an open fire hydrant rate is that he is still hideously inaccurate.

When a qb is inaccurate in college the odds are against you that he will be accurate in the pros where it is even a more daunting task to complete passes. It is understandable that scouts are enamored with classic physical traits for a position (Nix syndrome). But there are some essential traits that you can't' overlook. No amount of work in correcting sloppy mechanics is going to sufficiently overcome the natural inaccuracy of a qb prospect.

A college qb can have mechanical problems and still be an accurate passer. That is the type of prospect one should be willing to work with. On the other hand if the prospect doesn't demonstrate accuracy, with a flawed or not motion, then don't waste your time with him.

side notes: It is widely reported that the Jets are attracted to Trubisky. That is not surprising. But they have so much to do reworking that roster that I don't believe they will select a qb with their first pick. The Jets being receptive to TT or another qb off the market makes more sense to me. (Simply my opinion.)

Whatever opinion Whaley has of TT (clearly not enamored with him) when he goes through his options at qb with his new staff the same conclusion is arrived at that he has no other better choices on hand. What would be the point of bringing in another veteran qb to replace him when TT is better than the replacement?

The Jets' Hackenberg selection never made sense to me. Their intention was not to play him his first year and spend it on modifying his mechanics. So clearly they knew there were issues with him as a passer. The word leaking out of their facility at an open fire hydrant rate is that he is still hideously inaccurate.

When a qb is inaccurate in college the odds are against you that he will be accurate in the pros where it is even a more daunting task to complete passes. It is understandable that scouts are enamored with classic physical traits for a position (Nix syndrome). But there are some essential traits that you can't' overlook. No amount of work in correcting sloppy mechanics is going to sufficiently overcome the natural inaccuracy of a qb prospect.

A college qb can have mechanical problems and still be an accurate passer. That is the type of prospect one should be willing to work with. On the other hand if the prospect doesn't demonstrate accuracy, with a flawed or not motion, then don't waste your time with him.

side notes: It is widely reported that the Jets are attracted to Trubisky. That is not surprising. But they have so much to do reworking that roster that I don't believe they will select a qb with their first pick. The Jets being receptive to TT or another qb off the market makes more sense to me. (Simply my opinion.)

Whatever opinion Whaley has of TT (clearly not enamored with him) when he goes through his options at qb with his new staff the same conclusion is arrived at that he has no other better choices on hand. What would be the point of bringing in another veteran qb to replace him when TT is better than the replacement?

Yeah Hackenberg was a disaster waiting to happen. I was happy to see the Jets burn the pick on him. I thought the he was terrible as his career went on at PSU. IMO, he never had a chance of ever playing. Trubisky makes sense for the Jets but I think he's going to the 49ers at 2. TT would make sense there too.

In terms of the Bills I have no idea what their plan is. I hope that whatever their plan is that they are right.

I guess the point would be salary cap. And that's still not a good enough reason to drop Tyrod for a McCown or Hoyer.

Keep Tyrod for two years while looking for a guy to groom within that span and hopefully he(or Cardale) emerge as a better option then Tyrod.

Which is what? Suck with Simeon so you can take a shot in the dark for a rookie who may or may not be good?

Siemian would be the bridge guy. They would draft a guy this year or next year at the latest. TS would play while Cardale and that guy are developed (similar to his role last year actually). It may be a year, 6 weeks, 2 years, it would be dependent on the Siemian and the other young guy's development.