AFC playoff: Steelers at Chiefs

YoloinOhio

Shottenheimer= Reid

Teams that never beat themselves, rack up regular season wins not so much due to their teams play, but more due to not beating themselves

But once matched up against good to very good teams who also don't beat themselves, without any lucky breaks, they struggle to win.

How about like Bill Belichick and Tom Brady who have lost 3 out of the last 4 AFC Championship games they have been in?

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know whether I'd be happy being a Chefs fan or not. On one hand, they're in the playoffs almost every year; on the other, they don't ever seem like a team capable of winning it all.

The Chefs are why I don't have a problem with Whaley taking some gambles; strive for greatness, not just being "good enough."

How about like Bill Belichick and Tom Brady who have lost 3 out of the last 4 AFC Championship games they have been in?

That's the punishment of Goodell. They can cheat all they want until the conference finals. After that they are on their own.

I don't know whether I'd be happy being a Chefs fan or not. On one hand, they're in the playoffs almost every year; on the other, they don't ever seem like a team capable of winning it all.

The Chefs are why I don't have a problem with Whaley taking some gambles; strive for greatness, not just being "good enough."

It feels the same as missing the playoffs for 17 years.

This football year is the worst. Bills suck. Steelers, Pats, 2 teams I hate are In the AFC championship game. Packers are in, a team I hate. Son of a whorror

Wait a minute, as a Bills fan, why don't you hate the Cowboys more than the Packers? I know I do, hands down.

Not saying good teams never lose...saying teams like the Chiefs that for the most part rely on the other team making mistakes instead of themselves making winning plays, for the most part, do not win a ton of playoff games. Pats have won a chit ton of playoff games

The Chiefs would have won if they didn't drop a bunch of 1st down completions from Alex Smith.

Steelers would have blown the doors off the Chiefs if they make 3 plays.

Not saying good teams never lose...saying teams like the Chiefs that for the most part rely on the other team making mistakes instead of themselves making winning plays, for the most part, do not win a ton of playoff games. Pats have won a chit ton of playoff games

Steelers would have blown the doors off the Chiefs if they make 3 plays.

Yes, the Patriots are better than the Chiefs. I think that is commonly understood.

But back to how the Patriots won their first 3 Superbowls, they looked a lot more like a better version of the Chiefs and were exactly this, "that for the most part rely on the other team making mistakes." Good defense, special teams, and some timely plays on offense won 3 Suerbowls. The pass happy Patriots have only won 1 Superbowl.

Edited by jeffismagic

The Chiefs would have won if they didn't drop a bunch of 1st down completions from Alex Smith.

Shirley you can't be serious. The Steelers dominated that game and were inside the 30 SEVEN times. I'll give credit where credit is due to the Chefs' red zone defense, but this game shouldn't have been nearly that close. 389-227 total yards and a 9:00 edge in TOP.

Shirley you can't be serious. The Steelers dominated that game and were inside the 30 SEVEN times. I'll give credit where credit is due to the Chefs' red zone defense, but this game shouldn't have been nearly that close. 389-227 total yards and a 9:00 edge in TOP.

You don't get TD's for entering the red zone or close. No participation trophies. You need to cross the goal line.

Anyways, in a close game both teams can claim if these 2 or three plays were made. That's what we got, a close game.

Edited by jeffismagic

You don't get TD's for entering the red zone or close. No participation trophies. You need to cross the goal line.

Anyways, in a close game both teams can claim if these 2 or three plays were made. That's what we got, a close game.

Hey man, you're the one who said "the Chiefs would have won if..." -- which is by itself a silly statement because it can be said for any team any time they lose.

If you look at the box score you wonder how it was "only" a two point game.

Hey man, you're the one who said "the Chiefs would have won if..." -- which is by itself a silly statement because it can be said for any team any time they lose.

If you look at the box score you wonder how it was "only" a two point game.

It was a close game. The drops are huge for the Chiefs because they don't make big pass plays down the field. They don't have Antonio Brown or a Julio Jones. When you drop 1st downs you can't keep the ball and get yards yourself. The Chiefs gameplan could have worked fine but you have to catch the ball.

And yes, I am arguing the Chiefs side. You can do either as you are for Pittsburgh.

The Chiefs run a game manager offense, have for years.

I hope this style isn't coming to Buffalo.

Incredibly unexcited about Childress and Olson.

McCoy is better than Ware

Watkins better than any WR on the Chiefs

You'd have to think we'd have a better offense.

Shottenheimer= Reid

Teams that never beat themselves, rack up regular season wins not so much due to their teams play, but more due to not beating themselves

But once matched up against good to very good teams who also don't beat themselves, without any lucky breaks, they struggle to win.

The refs were horrid in that game! But they also came within 1 hold call not being made to going to OT.

McCoy is better than Ware

Watkins better than any WR on the Chiefs

You'd have to think we'd have a better offense.

Bills O is top 10, but IDK Hill may be on the same level as Watkins... to early to tell. But the Chiefs have a top 5 D unlike Buffalo.

And it would be four out of five if one Lee Evans remembered how to catch a football. You never seem to hear this stuff from the network 's resident Pats* ball washers

And it would be four out of five if one Lee Evans remembered how to catch a football. You never seem to hear this stuff from the network 's resident Pats* ball washers

The Pats* have really been a different team in the postseason than they are in the regular season since their 2004 Super Bowl win. They are still a dynasty, but their regular season dominance hasn't completely carried over to the postseason in recent years. So I definitely agree with the statement. I'm not saying that the Pats aren't a great team, but they have looked far more human in the postseason. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

Loo Evans made the scape GOAT but I seem remember a FG kicker BADLY shanking the game tying FG. The football goads were with the Pats that day.

Also the Pats D (outside of when we had Revis) was always inferior and unable hold leads. I don't know about this years version yet but we will see on Sunday.

Wait a minute, as a Bills fan, why don't you hate the Cowboys more than the Packers? I know I do, hands down.

No kidding

Jan 31, 1993 Cowboys 52 - Bills 17

Jan 30, 1994 Cowboys 30 - Bills 13

I can handle Atlanta or Green Bay winning. I'll be annoyed if the Steelers win it and physically ill (due to drink) if NE wins.