Childress & Olson Both Reported as Out for Bills' OC

You are definitely confusing the offense not providing OPTIMAL results with not providing GOOD results.

Yeah, there is room for the offense to improve.

The defense by contrast you hold to a ridiculously low level of accountability.

It's like you drawing a line at "20 points allowed" because it fits your narrative........when 20 points is not a high offensive output AND the Bills defense was giving up a lot more than 20 points in these losses.

Neither Big Ben or Brady won a game this season when they allowed over 30 points. But BC still blames the offense. It may be time to investigate motives.

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, it's the offense's job to score points, so when it scores 7 points in 28 minutes of football, having only run 25 plays during that time over 7 drives, then you'd agree that it didn't do its job, like it didn't during the entire second half against Miami:

Dude, it doesn't matter if you score the points in the first quarter of fourth quarter. All that matters is how many you score compared to how many they score.

The offense scored 24 and 25 points in those games. Not anything to write home about for sure. But the defense gave up 28 and 38 points. If you honestly still think it is the Bills' offense's fault that those other teams scored 28 and 38 points, then I don't know what to tell you. Some things are just obvious.

It's either got to be a guy that's been fired a few times, or a guy that's never been hired (as an OC) before. No one else is fool enough to come to the Bills, especially without a QB.

Olson and Childress are probably the best they can do.

Please tell us the Offensive Courdinator who is available to take the job? There has to be a long list of coaches you and others on this board have that details and outlines the talents of these dozens of coaches, and who is better than others based on word from around the league: players, other coaches, front office personnel, etc.

I'd be interested if you or some others can give us this information. It would help all of us truly determine who and who is not a good hire.

Aaron Rodgers was 0-5 when the Packers allowed 30 or more points this season.... up until Sunday.

He finally stepped up!

And in 6 of the Bills 9 losses they allowed 30 or more points.

Under Tyrod.......5 of the 8 losses.

The only of their 9 losses where they surrendered LESS than 27 points was the opener in Baltimore.

It's either got to be a guy that's been fired a few times, or a guy that's never been hired (as an OC) before. No one else is fool enough to come to the Bills, especially without a QB.

Olson and Childress are probably the best they can do.

Greg Roman came in here as an OC knowing that his QBs were Manuel and Tyrod.

Olson would be perfect compliment to Frazier. Both with multiple near worst or worst in the NFL finishes before getting fired.

Rex Ryan finished top ten 9 out of his first 10 years as DC or Head Coach. Worst finishes were 19th overall in his last 2 years with Buffalo. And we are riding him out of town as a clown while bringing in Frazier and Olson. Sick.

Edited by jeffismagic

Olson would be perfect compliment to Frazier. Both with multiple near worst or worst in the NFL finishes before getting fired.

Rex Ryan finished top ten 9 out of his first 10 years as DC or Head Coach. Worst finishes were 19th overall in his last 2 years with Buffalo. And we are riding him out of town as a clown while bringing in Frazier and Olson. Sick.

Indeed . . . without any consideration given as a result of injuries and suspensions.

I hope we hired the next Bill Belichick . . . but it is hard to get terribly excited so far. We shall see . . . .

Olson would be an absolutely brutal and depressing hire. It's hard to come up with a probable OC that would be worse. The posters who mentioned Olson as the Offensive version of Rob Ryan or Wannstache made good analogies. His resume is a who's who of the teams that finished with worse records than the Bills over the last dozen years. I just checked and In fact...

Going back to 2004 when he first became an OC, there are only 3 teams who Olson coached that finished above the Bills in the standings and only 2 teams he coached that finished above .500. TB went 9-7 in 2008 and 10-6 in 2010.

In the 13 season period Olson's teams went a combined 65 - 124 (.312%) compared to 87 - 121 for the Bills (.418). Even the wretched Bills who put together an amazing streak of 9 consecutive losing seasons, which included 5 consecutive seasons of winning 6 or less games, have been better than Olson's teams. The Bills finished above his teams in 9 out of 13 years, 2005 they were both 5-11.

This reminds me of the Greg Williams coaching staff. Williams managed to put together a collection of coaches who had losing records at every level. I remember being amazed that most of his coaches even had losing college programs on their resumes. Still have not overcome that miserable coaching staff that brought the losing culture to Buffalo.

Please find someone else. Maybe one of these guys. http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/joe-b-5-names-bills-should-consider-for-oc

Olson would be an absolutely brutal and depressing hire. It's hard to come up with a probable OC that would be worse. The posters who mentioned Olson as the Offensive version of Rob Ryan or Wannstache made good analogies. His resume is a who's who of the teams that finished with worse records than the Bills over the last dozen years. I just checked and In fact...

Going back to 2004 when he first became an OC, there are only 3 teams who Olson coached that finished above the Bills in the standings and only 2 teams he coached that finished above .500. TB went 9-7 in 2008 and 10-6 in 2010.

In the 13 season period Olson's teams went a combined 65 - 124 (.312%) compared to 87 - 121 for the Bills (.418). Even the wretched Bills who put together an amazing streak of 9 consecutive losing seasons, which included 5 consecutive seasons of winning 6 or less games, have been better than Olson's teams. The Bills finished above his teams in 9 out of 13 years, 2005 they were both 5-11.

This reminds me of the Greg Williams coaching staff. Williams managed to put together a collection of coaches who had losing records at every level. I remember being amazed that most of his coaches even had losing college programs on their resumes. Still have not overcome that miserable coaching staff that brought the losing culture to Buffalo.

Please find someone else. Maybe one of these guys. http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/joe-b-5-names-bills-should-consider-for-oc

With a record like that, it is almost garanteed the Bills will sign him

There is no way to spin this coaching staff. McDermott either has terrible judgment or no one wants to come to Buffalo. Anthony Lynn's staff is better than ours.

There is no way to spin this coaching staff. McDermott either has terrible judgment or no one wants to come to Buffalo. Anthony Lynn's staff is better than ours.

That would be depressing either way.

Did McDermott have any second interviews with any other teams?

@SalSports

Bills OC candidate Greg Olson has been willing to adapt his scheme, but his overall results have been uninspiring: http://www.wgr550.com/Olson-willing-to-adapt-scheme-but-results-have-bee/22990865

None that I know of. Bills should have hired Jim Bob Cooter. DC is easier to find a guy.

How is the idea even plausible with him already working as the Lions' OC?