McDermott in regards to Tyrod

Why won't this die? Move Glenn to RT and he's outta here. I know all the arguments about how the RT is increasingly perceived as more important than ever and RTs are getting bigger bucks. But Glenn's one of the top LTs in the league and he will see the move to RT as a demotion. Expect him to demand a trade or to pout and behave similar to how Mario did.

He already got his huge LT contract less than two years ago.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why won't this die? Move Glenn to RT and he's outta here. I know all the arguments about how the RT is increasingly perceived as more important than ever and RTs are getting bigger bucks. But Glenn's one of the top LTs in the league and he will see the move to RT as a demotion. Expect him to demand a trade or to pout and behave similar to how Mario did.

Glenn is signed through 2020.

I agree with you. Here is an interesting thought. If the Defense got more 3 and outs, it would've given the offense more drives, thus more drives for the offense and more points scored. What an amazing concept. The Bills averaged 2.14 points scored per drive. That put them 9th in the NFL, but they only ranked 24th in the NFL with 177 offensive drives. 6 teams made the playoffs with a lower points scored per drive.

Exactly. Not only that, the offense usually had to go the whole length of the field. We didnt get many turnovers or long returns. Our special teams were bad. We scored two defensive TDs, the lowest in the league. We had a ridiculous rash of injuries to WR.

Makes no sense? :doh::lol:

How do you come to this conclusion that they will automatically get worse?

Plenty of good offenses and defenses maintain high rankings year in and year out.

That's kinda' the point.......build an identity so you can sustain success.

Like I said if you don't see how this offense could improve from around 10th the past two years.........not FIRST but TENTH...... given all of the injuries they've had........you've got battered Bills-fan syndrome.

It's just statistical reality. They don't have a Brady type at QB. If they are tenth, that's 22 spots to move down and only 9 to move up. If they've managed their highest point total since '92, that was 23 years in between those performances. Odds are they would go down slightly at least. If they had Brady or similar, maybe you expect to improve on a once in a few decades performance the next season.

It's just statistical reality. They don't have a Brady type at QB. If they are tenth, that's 22 spots to move down and only 9 to move up. If they've managed their highest point total since '92, that was 23 years in between those performances. Odds are they would go down slightly at least. If they had Brady or similar, maybe you expect to improve on a once in a few decades performance the next season.

For all intents and purposes they were seventh. They were seventh going into the Jet game and TT didnt play. They were sixth during the 13 games TT had with Lynn.

Again......they have had similar results for two years in a row......it's not a "once in a few decades performance".

I gave it a shot but I'm not going to take you to the battered fans shelter. Believe what you want. :thumbsup:

Exactly. Not only that, the offense usually had to go the whole length of the field. We didnt get many turnovers or long returns. Our special teams were bad. We scored two defensive TDs, the lowest in the league. We had a ridiculous rash of injuries to WR.

People always bring up that TT is terrible in the 2 minute drive, not one has given any statistical data to support such claim. It would be an interesting statistic. I honestly don't remember too may times the defense stopped the opposing offense with 2 minutes on the clock, giving TT an opportunity to win the game. The only one i can remember is the Seattle game, and on the final play of that game, Woods quits on the play, hell he wasn't even looking at the ball when it was coming at him.

Edited by OldNMBillsFan

Again......they have had similar results for two years in a row......it's not a "once in a few decades performance".

I gave it a shot but I'm not going to take you to the battered fans shelter. Believe what you want. :thumbsup:

They scored the most points since the '90s teams. That's been a few decades

7 years ago in College. Want to put Tebows just win tape up too

Dude said "ever". Taylor >>> Tebow in th NFL and you know it so quit it.

Put it up much more to show the play calling.

Those are the plays one calls to "come back"

The offense has been at about the same effectiveness the last two years.......there is more reason to assume it would improve than decline.

It will really depend on who they bring in for OC. Right now I'm so confused as to what happens with Tyrod Taylor.

From what I perceive the new HC likes him, the owners like him, the players like him. The GM does not like him and if Whaley has control over the 53, which he does. Tyrod could be history and the team could be looking for a new QB in free agency and or the draft.

Kinda funny to me that the team spends two first rounders and a 4th on a WR who was a star in an offense in which he caught a ton of screen passes...comes to Buffalo and they don't throw screens to him. On this note, it wouldn't surprise me to see the Bills go after WR Mike Williams or Deshaun Watson.

Dude said "ever". Taylor >>> Tebow in th NFL and you know it so quit it.

Put it up much more to show the play calling.

Those are the plays one calls to "come back"

Are you really that dense to not know what was being referenced? or you just like playing games? You knew exactly what was meant.

8 year old film while he was a junior in college is about as relevant as digging up some high school clips of his. :wallbash:

Any how it's pretty sad that you need to go back 8 years to his junior year in college to find an answer.

well it depends. no sammy for most of the year this year. what weapons do they add to tyrod next year?

Actually, that's not what happened but please, by all means, feel free to invent your own narrative.

It was.

They literally said they were comfortable cutting Norman because their pass rush was good enough to make up for losing him.

McDermott's defense promptly gave up a couple 500 yard passing days barely 1 month into the season.

And they sat on the nearly $20M in cap space. :lol:

McDermott has been nothing more than a decent defensive coordinator........it was foolish of Panthers management to expect him to cover for a loss of talent at CB.

That doesn't mean he can't be a better head coach than a DC..... but he's not exactly proven to be a difference maker in his DC role.

Pride. And if he can get the Bills to trade him, he'll get an even bigger payday.

This is the attitude that has become accepted as normal on the Bills and it's got to go. If moving to RT will help the team win, he should be prepared to move.

He's not gonna suffer for it in terms of contract, he's been paid. If he's traded, he's not gonna get a bigger payday for 4 years, the length of his current contract 'cuz it's fair.

What exactly is this "pride" that would rather be a LT on a mediocre team than perhaps a RT on a winning, playoff-bound team?

Are you really that dense to not know what was being referenced? or you just like playing games? You knew exactly what was meant.

8 year old film while he was a junior in college is about as relevant as digging up some high school clips of his. :wallbash:

Any how it's pretty sad that you need to go back 8 years to his junior year in college to find an answer.

Well you did not focus on the part in my post where I said I mostly put that up to show the playcalling. So density must also be a trait of yours.

And TT did come back against the Dolphins in the 4th qtr just this season - including taking the lead - so no need to go back to VT days if that's the bar he needs to jump over for you.

Never seen a fan and/or fanbase deride and want to run the best or second best player on their team out of town like this in my 50 years of watching FB.

I don't get you.

it's going to be significantly easier to improve the defense than it will be to improve the QB position.

TT with an improved D and we knock Miami out for a wild card spot....likely go 10-6. whaley keeps his job.

improved D without TT and we take a step back....likely go 6-10. whaley gets fired.

My Jerry Sullivan question for McDermott would be:

"Will you be using the same methodical approach of evaluation that brought you to the conclusion that Josh Norman was only good because he was in YOUR scheme." :doh:

Greggo exuded the same confidence in his process.

Then he hired a bad staff and the next thing you know he's got the hated fat guys on his DL and he'd lost control of his D to Dick LeBeau.

Gailey needed to take an entire SEASON to evaluate his personnel. :lol:

We've seen some doozies Dermott McSean......your "I know what a winner looks and tastes like" :rolleyes: is just BS rhetoric if you don't show US what a winner looks like.

lets hope, Norman let go cant even make a pro bowl...forget all pro- a simple pro bowl even as a replacement