Steelers at KC playoff game moved to 8:20pm Sunday

YoloinOhio

I think ice too

The National Weather Service has issued an ice storm warning, in effect all weekend in Northwestern Missouri. Freezing rain is forecast all weekend, with the heaviest accumulations expected Saturday night and into Sunday morning.

Sunday morning is, of course, when tens of thousands of people would be on the roads getting to Arrowhead Stadium if the game had remained a noon kickoff. That could be dangerous, and the NFL decided it didnt want to take the chance.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/13/nfl-makes-steelers-chiefs-a-night-game-due-to-ice-storm-warning/

Edited by YoloinOhio

For me, personally, this is fantastic. I live in the West, so a later start works much better for me than an 11 AM kickoff. Monday is MLK Day, so my office (like many businesses) is closed, so I will be able to throw a few back and watch what should be a great football game. (Insert icon of smiley face guy drinking a beer here). I should also add that the NFL probably realized that Monday is MLK Day and understands that moving the game to the Sunday night slot will improve ratings substantially. And oh yeah, they care about the welfare and safety of the fans.... ;)

Me too. I'll be driving between 1-4pm. This is perfect. I'll be able to watch every play now.

If only some brilliant inventor could concoct some type of device capable of recording live television programming for viewing at a later time!

The world would be such a merrier place!

:lol: