Kyle Posey: Debunking the Tyrod Taylor Myth

YoloinOhio

And maybe if our QB threw it into the endzone once in four consecutive attempts in Seattle or didn't go three-and-out the whole fourth quarter in Oakland and Miami we would be 10-6?

He also had the highest rated game a QB has played in Seattle since 2011 when they became a good team. I go back to what the expectations are? The best game that any QB has played there in 6 seasons is on your list of reasons as to why they lost that game?

Edited by Kirby Jackson

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

corner and safety are deep this year. They may be able to get them later in the draft if they don't get Adams or Hooker in the first or second?

in college

To me it's all about fit. If its true that they gave mcdermott 5 years - then i think he sticks for most of that a la bradley. Success or failure i think he coaches out most of this contract.

So he probably likes the talent he has on the line - i'd try and bring lorax back as well. That gives you hughes, lorax, lawson as your primary 3 ends, and KW, dareus, worthy washington inside (worthy is a much better fit for this defense - assumes KW comes back).

Linebackers we'll have ragland and preston, but i don't think either are great fits. Ragland seems like a baller so i think he'll be okay, preston seems to miss gaps and plays slow so i don't like the idea of him starting. The will is not even on our team yet which is probably a concern. Not sure who i like at sam and mike between ragland and preston as they both seem like Mike LBs.

As for secondary - its a crap shoot. We have no safeties right now (awill is a ?, and graham seems like a cap casualty). I personally think Darby will improve with this as he seemed to struggle behind receivers all year in man under. Gilmore I'm not realy sure since he likes to play a lot of man. Cover 3 is basically man, but its more designed to prevent deep stuff. The secondary did not seem to like the morphing quarters man switching "antiquated" defense we ran this year. Seemed to leave people open all over the place. This is much simpler.

Edited by dneveu

He also had the highest rated game a QB has played in Seattle since 2011 when they became a good team. I go back to what the expectations are? The best game that any QB has played there in 6 seasons is on your list of reasons as to why they lost that game?

Good point. So to rehash, TT has been a major contributor of the highest Bills scoring teams in decades (2015-2016). TT has been a major contributor in setting the team record for scrimmage yards (589 @ miami). TT has played the best game of any QB in seattle in 6yrs. TT has been a major contributor of an offense that has led the NFL in "big plays" for back to back seasons.

Blow it all up. Bring in Hoyer.

To me it's all about fit. If its true that they gave mcdermott 5 years - then i think he sticks for most of that a la bradley. Success or failure i think he coaches out most of this contract.

So he probably likes the talent he has on the line - i'd try and bring lorax back as well. That gives you hughes, lorax, lawson as your primary 3 ends, and KW, dareus, worthy washington inside (worthy is a much better fit for this defense - assumes KW comes back).

Linebackers we'll have ragland and preston, but i don't think either are great fits. Ragland seems like a baller so i think he'll be okay, preston seems to miss gaps and plays slow so i don't like the idea of him starting. The will is not even on our team yet which is probably a concern. Not sure who i like at sam and mike between ragland and preston as they both seem like Mike LBs.

As for secondary - its a crap shoot. We have no safeties right now (awill is a ?, and graham seems like a cap casualty). I personally think Darby will improve with this as he seemed to struggle behind receivers all year in man under. Gilmore I'm not realy sure since he likes to play a lot of man. Cover 3 is basically man, but its more designed to prevent deep stuff. The secondary did not seem to like the morphing quarters man switching "antiquated" defense we ran this year. Seemed to leave people open all over the place. This is much simpler.

AJ Klein from Carolina has been there with McD, might be an option?

Need a couple safeties IMO

Yeah, we lost that game. The best game a QB has played there in 6 seasons was a loss? GTFO.

They've lost 10 times at home in the last six years by the way.

AJ Klein from Carolina has been there with McD, might be an option?

Need a couple safeties IMO

FWIW, on that Panthers board pretty much everybody thinks that Klein will end up here. It probably is even more likely with McDermott having some roster control/input/whatever you want to call it.

Yeah, we lost that game. The best game a QB has played there in 6 seasons was a loss? GTFO.

They've lost 10 times at home in the last six years by the way.

He is the only QB to throw for 280+ with 70% completion (but you knew that). I have to agree with you though that he was a big part of the reason that they lost that game. I mean everyone that watched that game would have to agree. Here is a detailed recap in case you forgot: http://www.cover1.net/2016/11/bills-vs-seahawks-recap/

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I'm making a change on my view on the TT issue. After listening to the radio of an Irish analyst with a heavy accent who was in the process of evaluating the qbs in the league he started with his analysis of TT. He felt that this organization would be utterly foolish to allow him to leave. His reasoning is that the flaws in the personnel on offense are not adequately factored when judging his performance. He pointed out that our line's pass blocking is below par and the receiver corps is mediocre. He added that although he has a tendency to periodically bounce passes that overall he is a fairly accurate passer.

His recommendation is to add some better receivers to his arsenal and improve the pass blocking so that he would be in a better position to succeed. In fact this particular analyst felt that TT is better than Cousins. I don't agree with that assessment but TT does avoid the rush better and he is more of a threat to run thus opening up the field.

In my prior near sighted assessment of TT I searched too deeply for his flaws without being fair in accounting for the limitations of the roster he has to contend with. Now I am going to be more vigorous in advocating in getting him another talented receiver to go along with Watkins and Clay. In other words put him in a better position to succeed.

We now have a new HC and a fresh start. With a few smart and caculated additions this team should be in a better position to succeed. The fans deserve it. Let's go for it.

Question for those that think we can keep TT and still draft a QB.

The argument i see is we can Win with Tyrod we need to fix defense and weapons and RT.

So where are all those players coming from when you are cap strapped (after picking up the option)?

The draft, ok well where is this QB then again?

So see just settled on a flawed QB

We're not really cash strapped after picking up the option. Based on the info I have.. we would still have ~21mil in cap space if we pick up TT's option and don't cut anyone else.

And if we need to free up cash I would do the following ( cut Eric Wood - Groy did a very good job filling in / Cut Kyle Williams - love him but is on the wrong side of 30 - Let Gilmore walk - can find a decent zone safety in FA for half the price to take his place).

Drafting a QB .. even in the 1st round won't be that expensive . Paxton Lynch is averaging ~$2mil/ season.. Goff is averaging ~$6 mil/ season... So if we draft one #10 the salary will be somewhere in between there. Cutting Eric Wood would pay for that