JW AP Article: Terry Pegula on Why He Likes McDermott

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually that's what she said after she hired Rex.

And then there was this from Whaley just 2 years ago:

“The way we looked at it with where our team is we’re scratching at the door and knocking at the door and we want to kick that door down,” said Whaley. “So we didn’t want a guy who was learning on the job. We wanted a guy who has been there and done that before and not have those missteps of a first-time head coach. "

Details, details.

Besides, that was the spin from the last hire, when we were "scratching at the door."

This time we are "close."

Wildly different set of circumstances requires different hiring philosophy.

Obviously.

Details, details.

Besides, that was the spin from the last hire, when we were "scratching at the door."

This time we are "close."

Wildly different set of circumstances requires different hiring philosophy.

Obviously.

In 2013 when the Bills finished 6-10 and fired Chan Gailey, Russ Brandon said "the Bills brand has been tarnished."

Fast forward to 2017, the Bills finished 7-9 and "are close." Close to what, being a perennial loser, oh wait, they have been for 17 years.

I have wined and dined with kings and queens

and slept in alleys & ate pork and beans.

doug-whaley-idibh-story.jpg

RIP Dusty!

Talk about your Psalms, talk about John 3:16...Austin 3:16 says I just whooped your ass!

I miss Ralph

HA I do NOT !!!!!

Love these stream of consciousness posts that make declarations with no evidence. I'm sure you'd have them winning multiple championships under your wise leadership.

or take a guess at them losing....really we have no idea for 2017 NONE

TBN couldnt get the story AGAIN...thats okay they like making things up

This just in...this franchise has no real direction. They run things by the seat of their pants. The best we can hope for is they stumble upon a good thing by dumb luck. That's what's it's come to at One Bills Drive.

All that said, I honestly hope this guy coaches here for the next 10 years or more. We shall see.

Really, that's true for most of the league. The Patriots success story was nothing but luck (hiring a former HC that failed at his first job, drafting Brady in the 5th round and not starting him until they HAD to).

There's no perfect formula for hiring the next great head coach. There's no guaranteed way to draft the next great QB. You do as much research as you can, hold your breath, and take a shot.

I have no idea if McDermet will be a good coach. But he doesn't seem to have anything major against him, so at least we're headed in the right direction there. Time will tell.

Of course. With Rexy they executed the Pegula Plan; retread coach who possibly could be successful. He did the same with hiring Ted Nolan on the Sabres. Now its the Pittsburgh Plan Whaley is executing; hire a young guy because, hell it worked in Pittsburgh with Tomlin, so it has to work here in Buffalo. This hire actually sets the organization back a couple of years. Might make the playoffs in 2-3 years or Pegula will be paying Rexy, McDermitt and the new coach in 2019.

You got the Nolan part wrong. He was hired to coach a tank team.

So have we worked ourselves into a funk over this hire yet? It never ceases to amaze me how no detail is too positive that it can be turned into a reason for despair.

Have you studied Bills football for the last 17 years.

At all?

You must have a pretty poor memory.

I'll take good news where I can get it. Time will tell.

100% correct. Nothing really to discuss, nor will there be, for quite some time.

Will be interesting to see how the QB situation plays out as time rolls forward.

That is now Issue #1 for me.

There's no disguise, I'm pretty open in my disdain for how some of you choose to live your lives.

Wait, this is a message board. Other than that we all choose to spend part of our lives hanging out here, how do you know so much about how some of us live the rest of our lives?

Or if it's hanging out on the message board that earns your distain, well, where were you when you saw us here?

@JeffRussoWKBW

#Bills owner Terry Pegula releases statement on Sean McDermott

C176jAtWEAQ9eFr.jpg

OK, so we have a statement from Pegs. We have a statement from Kim. Do we have a statement from Whaley?

If not, I understand why Sullivan is interpreting this as further diminishing Whaley.