Deshaun Watson is the answer

CDogg20

Thoughts on Josh Dobbs? I kind of look at him as a deep sleeper. He's played a ton of games in the SEC and been productive. He is kind of a poor man's Dak (at least with resume). I haven't really looked much further but would be curious to hear your thoughts.

Let's just say, he should stick to Aerospace Engineering. Not drafting that as a QB, even with someone else's pick :)

Would try him as a conversion player, Cordarrelle style..........maybe.

Edited by Blokestradamus

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thoughts on Josh Dobbs? I kind of look at him as a deep sleeper. He's played a ton of games in the SEC and been productive. He is kind of a poor man's Dak (at least with resume). I haven't really looked much further but would be curious to hear your thoughts.

Call me a homer, but if you want Discount Dak, you look at Jerod Evans in the 4th to 6th round range.

So your theory is, Other QB's have failed so Watson will to?

Based on this we should just draft whomever the QB is for Michigan, Tennessee or Purdue. Thats where Brady,Manning and Breese are from. obviously that means success.

I believe his theory is - using a single game as evidence that a player is amazing is not an accurate judge of their future abilities in the NFL.

My understanding was that we had a second year option as well.

Not that I'm aware of.

$15.5m option bonus, $12m base salary for 2017 and $3.25m of his 2018 salary guaranteed on March 11th.

Remaining $9.75m of his 2018 base guaranteed on 3rd day of 2018 league year.

If the numbers are right, we'd owe him $12,4m prorated option bonus, $2.04m in signing bonus plus the $3.25m guaranteed on signing for a 2018 cut. That comes to $17.69 million.

Call me a homer, but if you want Discount Dak, you look at Jerod Evans in the 4th to 6th round range.

I know that you have been beating the drum for him. I like Evans some but admittedly have only seen him a couple of times. I thought that it was a little weird that he came out.

I believe his theory is - using a single game as evidence that a player is amazing is not an accurate judge of their future abilities in the NFL.

In all fairness he's been the Heisman runner-up twice. He isn't a 1 game wonder for those questioning him. I'm okay with him at 1 but not high on the other QBs. He is a gamer to me.

I know that you have been beating the drum for him. I like Evans some but admittedly have only seen him a couple of times. I thought that it was a little weird that he came out.

In all fairness he's been the Heisman runner-up twice. He isn't a 1 game wonder for those questioning him. I'm okay with him at 1 but not high on the other QBs. He is a gamer to me.

Nah, I don't want him here lol. He really should have stayed in school for another year. But he's got the physical comp and playstyle to a T. Dak proved it over a longer period of time in college though. Worth a late round flyer to a team that's set up well at the moment, imo.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

Just saying we went from 2017 being considered a bad year for QBs to thinking there will be several QBs taken top 10. The same thing happened in 2013. QB fever.

And 2015 and 2016. Some guys always say it's a bad year for QB's, but if you use your eyes, you can pick them out.

Don't be surprised when you see the name Mahomes jump up a lot of draft boards. Maybe as far as #3 behind Trubisky and Kizer. Rocket and accurate arm, beautiful deep ball, extends plays with his feet.....yes, I know, gimmicky offense, but watch the kid play. Could be a great grab in 2nd round.

i think you said it yourself, gimmicky offense. Can his play translate? Thats the main issue with all these QBs, they are trained and coached to win in college football.

On a seperate note, I'd like to see what the NFL could do with a developmental league, one that runs during the season and could be used for callups, demotions etc. Maybe more guys would reach their potential?

And every year we also say, next years class is better, followed by draft time saying this years crop sucks, and the next class is better.

Rinse and repeat.

yep, 2018 shaping up as an epic qb year. I hear

It's not merely something that I disagree with. It's something that the vast majority of the football community has laughed at as a joke of a website for nearly a decade.

If you're going to borrow opinions, don't do it from that rag. It makes you look like an idiot.

This is an ad hominem attack rather than an argument. Why are they bad? I'm not saying you're incorrect, by the way. Is it because that they are the most trafficked site among the non-major media sites and suffer a little bit from football geek jealousy? That's an honest question. I have no idea. In my non-expert opinion, it's basically an OK site that offers some decent analysis. Not saying it's the best.

Forget Trubisky, forget Kizer.... DeShaun Watson is the best Quarterback in his draft and it is not even that close.

If he is there at 10 (and God knows why he would be) and the Bills pass I will be banging my head against a wall until camp.

Kid is legit. That was incredible last night.

Oh and where are all the "he's a runner" people today? Cat got their tongue? Bama shut his run game down made him beat them with his arm.... and boy did he?

Gotta look at the teams ahead of the #10 pick that need a QB.

#1 Cleveland needs a QB

#2 San Fran needs a QB

#3 Chicago needs a QB

#4 Jags

#5 Titans

#6 Jets need a QB

#7 Chargers

#8 Panthers

#9 Bengals

#10 Bills

At this point, it might be wiser to look at Mike Williams WR Clemson and the Bills might need to make another Watkins move to get him.