Skurski: Shaq Lawson Plans to be Dominant in 2017

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope he gets better too, but the subtext to this piece - and it's apparent in Lawson's comments - is that he wasn't any good this year. People discount this stuff, but when you draft someone in the first round, you've got that person for sure for just 4 years. The best they'll get out of him is 3 solid years before decision time about keeping him hits. It's why the McGahee draft pick was so dumb in retrospect (not even accounting for the fact that McGahee lit it up his final year at Miami only because the better back playing in front of him, Frank Gore, was out with an ACL tear). Unless it's a qb, teams expect first rounders to contribute off the bat because of the four-year time limit issue.

Edited by dave mcbride

Lawson played decently this year. Sometimes it takes a guy (who was playing out of position and in Rex's terrible defense) a year to "get it." I have high hopes that with a good off season and a move back to 4-3 that he will be dominant.

He didn't play decently. He played poorly as the season went on, and it was reflected in his snap total. He wasn't doing anything out there for the most part as the season wore on. He basically admitted as much.

SHOW IT ON THE FIELD. Michael Sam plans to be dominant next season too.

whatever happened to him? Gawwh he was overrated and all stemming from the homosexual thing.

Edit: also odd that you know Sam is in to BDSM...I guess you're the sub? :D

Edited by Boyst62

whatever happened to him? Gawwh he was overrated and all stemming from the homosexual thing.

Edit: also odd that you know Sam is in to BDSM...I guess you're the sub? :D

Cut by the Alouettes. Currently on a lecture tour discussing homophobia in the NFL.

Because if he's not good enough for the CFL, he was obviously cut by the Cowboys and Rams because he was gay.

Cut by the Alouettes. Currently on a lecture tour discussing homophobia in the NFL.

Because if he's not good enough for the CFL, he was obviously cut by the Cowboys and Rams because he was gay.

I'm going to tour as anti veganism in the NFL. I'll be just as effective

During yesterday's broadcast, the announcer said that Wake benefited from his time in the CFL. The extra yard they have at the line of scrimmage is what helped him with his explosiveness.

Seriously, we should send the Bills defensive line to the Argonauts for a year to get ready for 2018