Bills should let Tyrod go and sign EJ to a one year deal.

By letting Tyrod go and resigning EJ Manuel and starting him ALL of 2017 you guarantee the Bills to have a top five pick in 2018 draft. And if they let most of their older FA players go it even makes the odds even better. Than when the Bills finish 3-13 they can draft the franchise QB that WGR and all experts are dreaming about. That is if that QB pans out.

You only do this is you want to pull a Cleveland and tank.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't matter who your back-up QB is if you have a franchise QB. If the latter goes down you're screwed, no matter how good the defense is.

EJ is no more with this franchise, at least he shouldn't be.

EJ should've been no more with this franchise 2 years ago.

But Lil Doug said last year he's one of the finest backups in this league, and many, many posters in here agreed. :lol: He's not gone yet.

By letting Tyrod go and resigning EJ Manuel and starting him ALL of 2017 you guarantee the Bills to have a top five pick in 2018 draft. And if they let most of their older FA players go it even makes the odds even better. Than when the Bills finish 3-13 they can draft the franchise QB that WGR and all experts are dreaming about. That is if that QB pans out.

Yes tanking for qbs works out so well

yep except 0-16

Whaley is clueless. I'm with you on that.

:lol::thumbsup:

No he doesn't. Tyrod is a better QB. Not that it says much.

please, with your QB analysis :doh:

I bring Taylor back. He's underrated and people forget he is still very young in terms of game experience. Yes, he needs to improve throwing but I think his ability to extend drives with his legs and not turn the ball over are being underappreciated. You keep him and keep drafting to find his eventual replacement due to injury or regression. You lose him and we are right back into full rebuild mode. And just because you say "rebuild" doesn't mean you are actually building anything. We are the type of team that will require a decade to compete again.

Unless you think we will never exceed mediocrity with Whaley and this is the way to force that change than I may agree. Whaley could draft 10 more QBs without picking the right one.

You might not hate it, but EJ won't even be in Buffalo as a backup QB in 2017. He's done here.

I agree, but I for one am not anti "tank" overall.

We've got to break the vicious spiral of mediocrity and get a real QB.

I agree, but I for one am not anti "tank" overall.

We've got to break the vicious spiral of mediocrity and get a real QB.

This tank thing isn't a sure fire way to acquire a QB, so I wouldn't waste any time expecting it to be the OBD course of action pursued no matter how many threads are started on the subject.

Except that tanking doesn't guarantee you even a mediocre QB.

This is very true.

Think back to how much conviction Washington must have had to trade what it did to pick RGIII.

After this past year, is anyone willing to bet the farm on Jared Goff. There are still questions about Wentz.

It is such a crap shoot.

EJ tanked the Jets game, if you ask me.

He's AFRAID to be on the field, and doesn't want another chance to catch on with another team.

Yeah,yeah. Nice guy, total class, yada, yada, yada.

Good riddance..........

He can seek employment that better suits his non competitive personality, like athletic director for the Girl Scouts, etc....

A bit harsh, don't you think.

Amen....but, I am already dropping my season ticket....so, I can't vote again with my feet!

My Dad was a charter season ticket holder.

I am an out-of-town season ticket holder of many years.

For the first time, I have thought about giving up my seats. I probably will talk myself into keeping the seats . . . . I will wait to see what they do these next couple of months. Right now, it is about the least excited I have ever been for the upcoming season.

Tell that to Season Ticket holders, who pony up thousands of dollars to support the team.

Not *at all*.

Girl scouts?

Come on. I would venture to guess that anyone who steps on to an NFL field is tougher than pretty much any of the keyboard jockeys here. Call it a hunch.