AFC PLAYOFF Steelers Dolphins

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ajayi walked into a scrum, after players were already in a B word and push fest, and took a swipe at a Steeler that was a blatant penalty but did zero to get back at the Steelers for the hit on Moore. That was the worst possible reaction. If he blasted someone it would have been different.

Who cares. This game is lost and it's an outrage that dupree wasn't thrown out. Bad look for the nfl.

Ajayi walked into a scrum, after players were already in a B word and push fest, and took a swipe at a Steeler that was a blatant penalty but did zero to get back at the Steelers for the hit on Moore. That was the worst possible reaction. If he blasted someone it would have been different.

He should have clobbered the db. But at least he did SOMETHING. The bills? Shrug the shoulders and move on.

I'd be good with ejections but being reviewable

The problem I have with that as it currently exists in college is they are trying to split hairs on very close calls and usually side on throwing guys out (and of course you have the same inconsistency in calls that drives everyone mad). The game isn't played at replay speed but that's the standard they try to hold players to.

Throwing guys out for head hunting is fine; but throwing a guy out for a glancing blow after a full speed collision is not.

Edited by KD in CA

I'm discussing the play and terrible reaction by Ajayi, that he said was good. What you said has nothing to do with what we were talking about.

Exactly. You're missing the firest for the trees. But carry on. Pitt is gonna put up 35-40 and this game will be over by the end of the third. And dupree stays in the game. Throw him out, and tha ajayi play probably doesnt happen.

Edited by dave mcbride

He should have clobbered the db. But at least he did SOMETHING. The bills? Shrug the shoulders and move on.

He didn't do anything but get a stupid penalty. The guy barely felt it. I'm not against blasting someone for hurting our guy. I'm all for it. I was badmouthing the Bills for not getting back at Landry in both games. But what Ajayi did was the worst possible reaction.

That was pretty close to a clean but violent hit, but it was not. We had a LB called for a similar hit late in the year. You should be able to blow them up, just not to the head.

He led with his head. Clearly. That's a bad hit.

The problem I have with that as it currently exists in college is they are trying to split hairs on very close calls and usually side on throwing guys out (and of course you have the same inconsistency in calls that drives everyone mad). The game isn't played at replay speed but that's the standard they try to hold players to.

Throwing guys out for head hunting is fine; but throwing a guy out for a glancing blow after a full speed collision is not.

I agree with the sentiments and believe that context and erring on keeping them in the game at the NFL level is better

In college erring on the side of safety for 19 year old guys playing for free isn't terribly upsetting to me though.

Exactly. You're missing the firest for the trees. But carry on. Pitt is gonna put up 35-40 and this game will be over by the end of the third.

Okay but discuss that with me in a different post. ;) Don't say "Who cares?" when a poster is discussing something completely different and responding to a specific point. ;)

He led with his head. Clearly. That's a bad hit.

My point is, if he hits him a little lower (in the chest and not the chin), its not a bad hit, but they often still call penalties based on violence level. It happens. People lead with the head all the time (just not to the head if you're lucky), you're even taught to see the target and plant your face mask on it.