Whaley de facto leader of Bills football operations

gjv001

By putting Whaley in charge of selecting the next HC for the Bills, the Pegula's have de facto made him the leader of football operations.

The fate of the Bills will now lay squarely on Whaley's shoulders. With that being said, I think the next HC will need to be comfortable reporting

to Whaley. I suppose some fans and those in the media who want Whaley replaced are not happy with the Pegula's decision. But it is what it is.

By putting Whaley in charge of selecting the next HC for the Bills, the Pegula's have de facto made him the leader of football operations.

The fate of the Bills will now lay squarely on Whaley's shoulders. With that being said, I think the next HC will need to be comfortable reporting

to Whaley. I suppose some fans and those in the media who want Whaley replaced are not happy with the Pegula's decision. But it is what it is.

Pegula never gave his GM (his "football guy") the opportunity to pick the head coach. He tried it his way, and now he's going top try letting the "football guy" make important decisions approach. If this doesn't work, then Pegula will fire Whaley and hire a trusted football consultant to find his next GM.

I know that the media is going ballistic on the Bills, but I think the team is making logical decisions right now. Rex is gone, Whaley is in change and is conducting a real head coaching search unlike the last time.

I think that Todd Haley is going to be Doug's choice in the end, but at least he's lining up very good plan B, C, ect. head coaching candidates if his number one guy (whoever that is) falls through. I don't have a problem with any of the coaches he's interviewing.

You know, I would be OK with that.

I would also be OK with the Bills moving on from Whaley.

I am not OK with the stuff leaking out that the new HC, whoever he may be, will have more roster control and the Pegulas expressing "remorse" to Lynn for the Taylor benching decision, and the Pegulas sounding as though they are intimately involved in the coach hire decision - not just in the room to address any issues of what kind of people they are to work for and to be able to give final approval, but a big part of the decision.

Either put Whaley in charge or get him out of town.

Whether Whaley or someone else....that's the way it should be....GM/Director of Football Operations

I am not OK with the stuff leaking out that the new HC, whoever he may be, will have more roster control and the Pegulas expressing "remorse" to Lynn for the Taylor benching decision, and the Pegulas sounding as though they are intimately involved in the coach hire decision - not just in the room to address any issues of what kind of people they are to work for and to be able to give final approval, but a big part of the decision.

It could be Ryan all over again. I thought they learned.....maybe not

There have definitely been a lot of leaks coming out of OBD for several years now, and it's surely not good. It's awful.

But the recent news and examples you gave are not examples, nor are they anything to worry about. The remorse bit almost for sure came from Lynn's agent Jimmy Sexton who constantly provides information like that to guys like Shefter. That's where they get most of their stuff. When Lynn just interviewed with the Bills he probably told his agent afterwards that the Pegulas said we shouldn't have done that to you the way we did. So Sexton then tells that or exaggerates it to Schefter so his client looks better.

The more power to the head coach is old news and not even going to happen. It's from what Whaley said in his press conference. Rex didn't have power of the 53, Whaley did. Whaley said he is willing to give that up to the right person but he's not really willing nor is he going to. It's not news.

Pegulas are sitting in on the interviews. Whaley is setting them all up and running them. That's not news either.

i think the point is that whaley isnt going to be intercepted on things that should be his call

when rex asked terry about his future with the team terry should have said thats a decision doug has to make. we will be evaluating that together after the season

perhaps now terry realizes he has overstepped a line he wants to maintain for himself and his staff. we'll see

this, i just want it clearly defined who is running Operations. It should be Whaley, until it isn't.But that should be the chain of Command

i think the point is that whaley isnt going to be intercepted on things that should be his call

when rex asked terry about his future with the team terry should have said thats a decision doug has to make. we will be evaluating that together after the season

perhaps now terry realizes he has overstepped a line he wants to maintain for himself and his staff. we'll see

This was an error for sure. But i hope they have realized it made it hard for anyone to look good coming out from Rex's tenure up to the firing by Pegula.

The Tyrod thing is not pretty either

If that's true, then why are the Pegulas expressing "remorse" for a football operation decision? Of course, that assumes the constant leaks are credible.

Because of the way they handled it not necessarily that it happened. Not to mention that they are probably just saying that to assuage any fears that Lynn might have that they will interfere with his coaching decisions in the future. It almost for sure came out of his interview.

I'd disagree only because as been reported Rex reported directly to Pegs so could almost of seen as if DW fired Rex, Rex could tell him, that's nice but you don't have the authority to do that. I only take direction from Peg's

I also think this may be case of Pegs telling DW, it was my call in hiring him and not listening enough to you and got us into this mess, so I'll take care of getting rid of him, it's on me. Unfortunately the way they handled it put alot of heat on the entire team.

If that's true, then why are the Pegulas expressing "remorse" for a football operation decision? Of course, that assumes the constant leaks are credible.

the HC is in charge of the Gameday roster. At least Rex was. So they took that from Rex with this decision. And they took it from lynn as interim HC. IMO the HC should be on board with a decision of this magnitude though, regarding what is best for the team as a whole in a meaningless game. That should circumvent his need to control the 46. It was a business decision that the HC should have understood, but the HC was more concerned with his promise to Tyrod and adding a win to his coaching record. Bad look from Rex. As far as Lynn, I am sure he would have preferred to be more involved in the discussion and that was the "remorse" part. It appears he was simply told of the decision and it was probably a "Anthony, we would like for you like for you to coach this last game. If you accept this, we need to let you know we've decided to not play Tyrod Taylor as a business decision. Any questions?" Edited by YoloinOhio