1-5: Tyrod Taylor is Having Surgery Today

He can get paid both times, you know.

I don't think a guy who is pushing a league grievance case for an injury settlement is quite the hot FA property that a healthy, rarin' to go QB of the NFL's #6 ranked (as of Week 16) scoring offense may be

Thanks. Didn't know that. I figured he could be paid twice (unlike, say, coaches). Do you have the clause? If not, I still believe you!

That is true. I was assuming a cut, which I probably shouldn't. That said, the bad blood will be pretty awful.

Depends. If he got pulled over by Whaley on the way out of the building and told "look, I really meant it that you did a fantastic job, and it's absolutely not true that a decision has been made to move on from you, but we have to complete our coaching search before we evaluate all the players this year. Please don't believe all the stuff you read in the media" I'm sure that would help.

Then Tyrod has his "yep, you told me so" moment when he KNOWS the Bills know about his surgery and he's reading all this sh*t claiming it's elective surgery the Bills knew nothing about and maybe he's trying to collect on his injury clause blah blah, microanalyzing Bills' very vanilla factual press release, maybe Tyrod be like "yeah, whateves, press peops, wake me up when you actually know something".

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I suspect that's not going to happen. He will get a nice deal - and he should - but nothing close to $40.5M over 2 years.

You are fooling yourself. Us Bills fans convince ourselves Taylor is not worth keeping around, but the rest of the league sees a young, exciting starting QB with impressive stats.

Most of the time when a starting QB comes available he's at the end of his career. (You know, the kind we drool over.) A QB with Taylor's stat line in his prime is a rarity.

Oh no, Taylor will become an extremely wealthy man if the Bills are dumb enough to release him. All the breathless articles about the injury clause are so much bull crap. If the Bills don't want him, Taylor, and his agent, will dance a jig with dollar signs in their eyes.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

You are fooling yourself. Us Bills fans convince ourselves Taylor is not worth keeping around, but the rest of the league sees a young, exciting starting QB with impressive stats.

Most of the time when a starting QB comes available he's at the end of his career. (You know, the kind we drool over.) A QB with Taylor's stat line in his prime is a rarity.

Oh no, Taylor will become an extremely wealthy man if the Bills are dumb enough to release him. All the breathless articles about the injury clause are so much bull crap. If the Bills don't want him, Taylor, and his agent, will dance a jig with dollar signs in their eyes.

the eagles signed chase daniels to a 3 year 21 mil deal last year and people think tyrod isnt getting paid lol. teams will look at the deep bomb he throws, the run ability, no picks, decent completion percentage and ok numbers he's put up and think they can develop that. i mean he probably would have ended up near 3300 yards...i'm sure there is some coach out there willing to risk thinking he can get 500-700 more yards of passing out of tyrod. what's that? 30 yards a game?

All of that ^^^ .. I don't think they'll end up being dumb with it but if they are, all fans can do is have fingers crossed on whomever they draft at QB being good as a rookie. Yikes.

Well, somebody is fooling themselves. Time will tell who it is.

It is pretty straight forward with Tyrod. He can't see the middle of the field and many times misses seeing wide open recievers. His inability to do so leads to a lot of fast, dead end drives. He also feels pressure that isn't there far to often. He makes up for it to a large degree with his feet and not turning the ball over. Tyrod also seems to lack true leadership ability which has plagued the Bills for about 20 years at the QB position. I would rather try to improve at the position or see what Cardale has.

It is pretty straight forward with Tyrod. He can't see the middle of the field and many times misses seeing wide open recievers. His inability to do so leads to a lot of fast, dead end drives. He also feels pressure that isn't there far to often. He makes up for it to a large degree with his feet and not turning the ball over. Tyrod also seems to lack true leadership ability which has plagued the Bills for about 20 years at the QB position. I would rather try to improve at the position or see what Cardale has.

Source?

My source is my two eyes... The dude screams leadership on the field. Hell, go look at what happens whenever a player gets injured. Taylor is there with the trainers talking for a few seconds, then he backs off and prays right next to the guy. That's leadership. The dude may not be the perfect QB, but he's average to above average and may or may not be worth the contract... But to say he's not a leader on the field is simply incorrect.

We got a glimpse of what Cardale has, and to me it looks like Cardale has about two years to go until he will/might be ready for starting qb play.

The team had over 600 yards of offense the last time he saw the field and the team NEVER turned the ball over.

But yes he can't see the middle of the field so get rid of him and replace him with a rookie!

A rookie that couldnt hold his job in college.

There is no way Cardale is ready next year.

It's quite possible for the Bills to draft a rookie AND pay Tyrod AND keep Cardale on the roster.