The Deep State War Heats Up :ph34r:

(I HATE that posts get merged, and new posts aren't given their due.)

11 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

How did they have the code to begin with?

2 hours ago, Thirdborn said:

what the hell did I just watch?  LOL

The slow death of the DNC as a serious political party. :beer:

Just now, joesixpack said:

And how did Fusion GPS have it?

Image result for tony podesta

(worth the read)

https://libertyunyielding.com/2018/07/09/from-fbi-memos-reporters-gave-fbi-security-code-for-manafort-storage-facility/

8 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

And how did Fusion GPS have it?

(Also remember Fusion GPS was one of the contractors with unfettered NSA 702 access while inside the FBI-CID/DOJ-NSD... so they literally could have gotten the codes through illegally accessing NSA surveillance)

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

let's keep on pretending the press should be protected and aren't part of this coup.

Edited by joesixpack

9 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

let's keep on pretending the press should be protected and aren't part of this coup.

Some most definitely were - and will be prosecuted (see: Wolfe indictment, Ross firing as a starting point). It's just not the entire media, or even the entire NYT/WaPo/CNN/MSNBC et al. Just can't paint it all with a broad brush imo. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Some most definitely were - and will be prosecuted (see: Wolfe indictment, Ross firing as a starting point). It's just not the entire media, or even the entire NYT/WaPo/CNN/MSNBC et al. Just can't paint it all with a broad brush imo. 

Here's the biggest problem I have:

Even IF it's just a few "bad" apples, there doesn't seem to be many "good" apples within the media reporting on their "bad" peers. It's all from the outside.

So let's say, for the sake of argument, that you're correct and it's just a few bad actors. If the rest of the media doesn't self-report, doesn't it make them complicit?

3 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Even IF it's just a few "bad" apples, there doesn't seem to be many "good" apples within the media reporting on their "bad" peers. It's all from the outside.

So let's say, for the sake of argument, that you're correct and it's just a few bad actors. If the rest of the media doesn't self-report, doesn't it make them complicit?

No, it makes them free Americans who should not be compelled by the government.

Their justice should be metered out by the market place.

We convict criminals of crimes, we don't invent crimes to manufacture criminals.

As Greg said, prosecute those who have engaged in actual criminal activity; beyond that, the moral philosophy of human freedom isn't always pretty, but it's the very best thing we have.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

No, it makes them free Americans who should not be compelled by the government.

Their justice should be metered out by the market place.

We convict criminals of crimes, we don't invent crimes to manufacture criminals.

As Greg said, prosecute those who have engaged in actual criminal activity; beyond that, the moral philosophy of human freedom isn't always pretty, but it's the very best thing we have.

correct

however....   :(

Think of it like the FBI and DOJ and all we've learned. There are close to two dozen bad actors in high positions inside the DOJ and FBI leadership that perpetrated this palace coup. The overwhelming majority of agents, officers, and employees of both departments played no role, or tried to expose it only to be silenced. Key positioning of personnel can choke off any attempts by honest brokers inside the system to report it or fix the problem. 

Is the solution to hold everyone accountable? Or is it to fire/indict/prosecute those who prevented the good people from doing the job the correct way? 

Clean out the riff-raff. They've exposed themselves, making them easier than ever before to spot, then trust (but verify) the institutions to clean up after themselves. 

We can't just burn down entire institutions because of the rot at the top. Not unless we're willing to reboot the entire foundations of our nation (imo). 

Good luck with that one.

Then you live with them, Joe; and you argue against them.

Just because we don't like something doesn't mean we can throw the perpetrators in jail.  Banana republics and dictators behave that way.  That is the way of Castro, and state media.

I'll err on the side of freedom. 

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

We can't just burn down entire institutions because of the rot at the top. Not unless we're willing to reboot the entire foundations of our nation (imo). 

We could. And arguably, we should.

But we won't. Why? Don't have the political will to do so. The institutions CREATED the bad actors within them.

Just now, TakeYouToTasker said:

Again, good luck with that one. It's tilting at windmills.

2 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

We could. And arguably, we should.

But we won't. Why? Don't have the political will to do so. The institutions CREATED the bad actors within them.

What would you replace freedom with, Joe?

Convince us that we would all be better served under your totalitarian dictatorship, under which we are required to conform to your preferences.

And why should any American stand for a system which invents crimes to imprison political prisoners?

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

11 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Just because we don't like something doesn't mean we can throw the perpetrators in jail.  Banana republics and dictators behave that way.  That is the way of Castro, and state media.

I'll err on the side of freedom. 

depends who retains me, but then again I'm always coming in on the wings of angels to deliver justice

Just now, TakeYouToTasker said:

What would you replace freedom with, Joe?

Convince us that we would all be better served under your totalitarian dictatorship, under which we are required to conform to your preferences.

I'm not talking about replacing freedom. I'm talking about protecting it from corrupt institutions like the FBI/CIA/DOJ/NSA complex, and their media lapdogs.

You know, the people behind attempting to overthrow an elected president.

My argument is that the criminals within those organizations are PRODUCTS of those organizations, and even if you manage to get rid of the bad people within, more will just arise. The institutions are the root problem.

I'm not talking about replacing freedom. I'm talking about protecting it from corrupt institutions like the FBI/CIA/DOJ/NSA complex, and their media lapdogs.

My argument is that the criminals within those organizations are PRODUCTS of those organizations, and even if you manage to get rid of the bad people within, more will just arise. The institutions are the root problem.

The institutions which are within government can be abolished, reformed, consolidated and re-chartered, or replaced.

The institutions in the private sphere are off limits, and are Constitutionally protected.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

A free and honest press is key to keeping citizens informed and our form of government functioning. You're right that for years that press has been co-opted by nefarious forces to spin propaganda and state sponsored lies rather than the truth. This is born not just from the ownership of these media conglomerates and their agendas, but also the systemic attack of our fundamental values which are taught in school from K-grad school in many Universities, cities, and states where most of these MSM journalists matriculate.

We are witnessing a mass migration of customers from the MSM dominated market to independent journalists and social media platforms (for better or worse) because the people are hungry for truth and are seeing through the agenda of most MSM outlets. Prosecute those who committed crimes (and there are many who did in these institutions), expose it to the public (already happening) and let the free market place of ideas reset what we expect from the "mainstream media". Either they shape up, or people will keep tuning them out until they're obsolete. 

But we also have to address the education system - which for 60+ years has been infiltrated by subversive ideologies designed to cause exactly these sorts of cultural and institutional problems. 

My point, I guess, is that there's not just one answer to this problem. It's going to take a lot of work and must be dealt with from various angles. Trying to do it all with just law enforcement and charging journalists would have a dramatic chilling effect on the freedom of press as a whole which would ultimately weaken our entire form of government even more so than it already is. 

imo

• Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

... We convict criminals of crimes, we don't invent crimes to manufacture criminals. ...

as a stand alone comment, i have an issue with this. crimes are retroactively invented all the time. also, entrapment might have something to say about manufacturing criminals.

4 minutes ago, Foxx said:

as a stand alone comment, i have an issue with this. crimes are retroactively invented all the time. also, entrapment might have something to say about manufacturing criminals.

It is unconstitutional to retroactively apply new laws.  Crimes are not retroactively invented in this country.

And entrapment is illegal...which is why it's called "entrapment."  There is, of course, often a very fine line between "entrapment" and "sting."

9 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

It is unconstitutional to retroactively apply new laws.  Crimes are not retroactively invented in this country.

And entrapment is illegal...which is why it's called "entrapment."  There is, of course, often a very fine line between "entrapment" and "sting."

correct. i guess i should have been a bit more concise in my 'retroactively' comment. laws are formulated all the time because of actions of the past. they are not backward looking in terms of prosecution, but were invented because of wrongs that were not actively prohibited prior.

27 minutes ago, Foxx said:

The US Constitution, Article I, Section 9, Clause 3:

No...ex post facto Law shall be passed.

What does this mean?

It means "after the fact".  Our Constitution expressly forbids prosecution for things that were not illegal, but were then criminalized after that fact.  This was added to the Constitution because it is a ploy, in the form of bills of attainder, that the British Crown used against the Colonies in order to clamp down on their treason against the Crown

This understanding if buttressed by the Federalist Papers.

In Federalist no. 78, Alexander Hamilton expressed:  "the subjecting of men to punishment for things which, when they were done, were breaches of no law" is among "the favorite and most formidable instruments of tyranny."

This belongs here:

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

First president in history to stand up to big-pharma (first president in modern history not to take their money). 

The shadow war is real. 

(note how many doctors have gone missing/been killed in the past 7 years)

Skepticism still HIGH here... but this is comforting, or moreso than the witness being found by Burkman: 

Couch is a divisive guy, but he's followed this from day one - on the ground, talking to people first hand. If he's vouching for the witness, then I'm more inclined to believe him than if it were Burkman saying it alone. 

That said, Couch's involvement means this (if real) is going to be bad for Podesta and Clinton. 

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Skepticism still HIGH here... but this is comforting, or moreso than the witness being found by Burkman: 

Couch is a divisive guy, but he's followed this from day one - on the ground, talking to people first hand. If he's vouching for the witness, then I'm more inclined to believe him than if it were Burkman saying it alone. 

That said, Couch's involvement means this (if real) is going to be bad for Podesta and Clinton. 

So what will it be this time?  Heart attack?  Hit & run?  Home invasion?  Or a good old fashioned double tap suicide?

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

One of MANY important questions people should be asking... or you know, REPORTERS should be asking. 

Circular reporting used to validate a circular investigation used to attempt a palace coup. 

Another big story that no one is paying attention to (yet): 

Not just Hezbollah, but the Taliban. Both were aided by Obama for political reasons. 

(same thread)

Those thinking Obama was doing all he could for this country, and not his true masters, should rethink that position. The evidence is becoming overwhelming that he was not only an unfit POTUS, but one who sold out the safety and security of this country for his own gain. 

Obama used the IRS to target American conservatives who were politically opposed to him - while CALLING OFF THE DOJ, FBI, AND IC from pursuing Taliban drug traffickers and Hezbollah drug/human smugglers operating inside the United States. 

Timing: 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Timing: 

Let's walk the timing out a bit more, I think it's illustrative of how this shadow war is really being waged: 

First, late yesterday Politico breaks yet another story about the White House calling off federal agencies investigating our nation's enemies. This time, it's the Taliban and their heroin market - which, (controversy alert) has in part been defended and run by elements of our own intelligence services working on behalf of others. This is a follow up to the Operation Cassandra story in which we learned the same White House called off investigations into Hezbollah trafficking of narcotics, weapons, and humans, into the United States. Once again, elements of our own intelligence services had their hands in those markets as well. 

Then, this morning, Trump issues this tweet which is actually historic (at least in a Twitter sense): 

This is the first president in US history to publicly attack Big Pharma - he's also the first president to have taken ZERO donations from Big Pharma while campaigning or in office. Big Pharma is a very important spoke on the wheel of power so to speak, every bit as important (and much more profitable) than the MiC spoke for example. Big Pharma, for obvious reasons, also has its hands in the illegal narcotics trade globally. There's a connection to the Politico drop...  

What happens next? Pfizer takes a hit in daily trading: 

2JkhB.png

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2018/07/09/pfizer-trump-tweet.html

Then, breaking just now, this is followed by a major US assault on an "ISIS" stronghold in Afghanistan that kills 170 with zero casualties:

To me this is a message being sent by Trump and his MI team, and a shrewd one at that. It's a shot across the bow of the most sacred of cows (Big Pharma), the previous administration as well as its handlers. Who knows what intelligence was gained from the "ISIS"(cabal) stronghold, but I bet it'll have a lot to do with the heroin trade out of Afghanistan. 

Trump knows he can deliver this kind of message - complete with a kinetic military operation that kills close to 200 fighters - and no one will remember it by 9pm when he makes his SCOTUS pick.

But the bad elements within Big Pharma, "ISIS", and the past administration won't forget it. And that's the point. This is, in my opinion, the public face of the ongoing shadow war. A war that's largely been won - but some resistance remains.  

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/08/obama-afghanistan-drug-war-taliban-616316

• Like (+1) 2

The controversial SR presser is still ongoing but here are the highlights so far - still skeptical: 

* Three people involved, a DEA Agent, and ATF agent, and a DoE agent. Tracked Seth for two weeks. 

* Witness (going by "Luke") is an intelligence officer who worked with a group of "RR fixers" who bragged about the killing. 

* Target was the thumb drive which Seth Rich used to download a large swath of files from the DNC server, Luke does not know what was found on the drive. 

* Luke testified to the House Intelligence Committee already, passed a polygraph administered by the US SS. 

* Describes the murder in detail confirmed by video of the slaying that only a few people have seen. 

* Claims there's Russian involvement. 

* Ultimately, the murder and cover-up will be laid at RR's feet as he was the point man in Maryland for the op and cover-up. 

Just ended. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The controversial SR presser is still ongoing but here are the highlights so far - still skeptical: 

* Three people involved, a DEA Agent, and ATF agent, and a DoE agent. Tracked Seth for two weeks. 

* Witness (going by "Luke") is an intelligence officer who worked with a group of "RR fixers" who bragged about the killing. 

* Target was the thumb drive which Seth Rich used to download a large swath of files from the DNC server, Luke does not know what was found on the drive. 

* Luke testified to the House Intelligence Committee already, passed a polygraph administered by the US SS. 

* Describes the murder in detail confirmed by video of the slaying that only a few people have seen. 

* Claims there's Russian involvement. 

* Ultimately, the murder and cover-up will be laid at RR's feet as he was the point man in Maryland for the op and cover-up. 

Just ended. 

Who is RR?