Big media mystery.....why did Ryan get fired?

Wow thanks TC! All this time I thought it was a reporter's job to ask questions, investigate and report what they hear. Did not know they could just skip all that work and "figure it out for themselves." You've revolutionized journalism in a single message board post.

Love this.

All of this drama is ridiculous. As they stated from the beginning since they hired Rex Ryan. Both he and Whaley report directly to the owner. The owner fired the coach. The GM now has to replace him. What's all the fuss about? Seems like they are just creating news these days when there is none.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love this.

All of this drama is ridiculous. As they stated from the beginning since they hired Rex Ryan. Both he and Whaley report directly to the owner. The owner fired the coach. The GM now has to replace him. What's all the fuss about? Seems like they are just creating news these days when there is none.

Group think is what the media engage in. No original thinking and pure laziness, just go along with crowd.

The media is responsible for everything.

They made Doug Whaley lie at his PC.

The made the Bills refuse to answer any questions about firing the head coach.

They've kept the Bills out of the playoffs the last 20 years.

Half of my friends blame them for Donald Trump getting elected and the other half blame them for trying to stop his candidacy. One they agree upon- they are to blame.

I've never seen a GM so comfortable with being KEPT OUT OF THE LOOP in my life!!!

-How can he possibly be OK with not being "privy" to the details of a major team decision???

If that's true, (and I'm not saying it is) Whaley comes off as being a bit of a p*ssy... Not what I'd want from a guy charged with fixing my team.

And so have some of the training staff, waterboys, Jills (at least they used to), etc.

Blame everyone because it's easier right?

Personally, I blame Janice in HR for the piss poor quality of play on the field since she didn't properly file someone's flexible spending account paperwork.

True, some innocent people may get hurt in the crossfire. That's why I choose to only blame anyone who directly worked for Ralph and anyone who was directly hired or promoted by them. Monos may be borderline-questionable, but Whaley is such a chump that I have no problem including him.

Seems like the Bills plan was to give out as little information as possible. To pull that off you have to a very sharp speaker which Whale y is not. Over the next years he could have the Bills win a Super Bowl and become great for years, but he'll still likely be a bad speaker. Problem was if you plan to be coy about things have someone speaking who can sell it. As much as everyone would have gone nuts, sending RB out there would have gone much smoother. Or even Kim as she also is a good speaker. Not sure who's worse TP or DW when it comes to speaking

It would have caused a lot less fuss if Whaley had just called up Pegula and said "I'm sure it'll be asked in my Monday presser, can you either go on the record before then with an interview to the press, or else give me a couple reasons why you made the decision to fire Rex there and then instead of waiting until the end of season when we review everyone?"

Otherwise, it's certainly the media's job to ask questions, but they're acting as though it's news that Rex reported directly to Pegula, which is nonsense.

They're entitled to their opinion that it's strange Whaley didn't ask why and wasn't consulted beforehand.

The narrative flipped. He's a victim of front office dysfunction. He's a future hall of famer now.

The speed they flipped is amazing. How can anyone ever take anything they say seriously. Once they took down Rex, they went right after Whaley. They are itching for a fight with the Peluga's as well. Hopefully the fans will see through it.

True, some innocent people may get hurt in the crossfire. That's why I choose to only blame anyone who directly worked for Ralph and anyone who was directly hired or promoted by them. Monos may be borderline-questionable, but Whaley is such a chump that I have no problem including him.

Rico, I give you full marks for your posts re: Whaley. I agree with you on all accounts 100%. Whaley must be held responsible. Keep up the good work Sir!!

Doesn't seem to be working since ownership is entrusting him with even more power now.

I've never seen a GM so comfortable with being KEPT OUT OF THE LOOP in my life!!!

-How can he possibly be OK with not being "privy" to the details of a major team decision???

If that's true, (and I'm not saying it is) Whaley comes off as being a bit of a p*ssy... Not what I'd want from a guy charged with fixing my team.

Just the opposite my friend. Whaley threw so much stink on Terry and Kim at the Presser they were forced to come out an meet the media

Man, the apologists are in overdrive. Lol.

The MEDIA- comic book super villains responsible for all the worlds ills. They've replaced the Jews as defacto scapegoats apparently.

do you think The Buffalo News portrays a balanced approach to the organization ?

Just the opposite my friend. Whaley threw so much stink on Terry and Kim at the Presser they were forced to come out an meet the media

do you think The Buffalo News portrays a balanced approach to the organization ?

No, they are treating the organization like the clown show that it is. If the Bills want to shut them up, feel free to start winning, a playoff appearance would be a good start.

I don't know if it's accurate to say Wrecks sucked. He failed, that's what the bottom line is. Whether he sucked or there was a combination of factors that prevented success, doesn't really matter.

Wrecks coached a talent-laden Ravens defense and succeeded. Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, OMG. Then he went to the Jets and coached a talent-laden team for a couple of years and succeeded, and as the talent level dropped so did his performance. Hmmmm.

He went to the Bills and tried to implement a scheme he knew. The Bills were coming off two years of defensive dominance. The players were too proud or too stubborn to buy in, and a lot of them too stupid or lazy to grasp the new plan. Disaster ensued, as we all know. We finally got a functioning offense and then couldn't stop anyone when we really needed to.

You can blame the players for not supporting or accomplishing, but it's on the coach to find a way to make things work with the players he's got. This is what Wrecks failed to do. He was just as proud and stubborn, and let's face it, stupid to adjust to the situation he had. So he wasted a year getting guys used to his system. Fat lot of good that did, with performance dropping even further this year.

And the game management. Punting on your own 40 with 4 minutes left in OT, when a tie is as bad as a loss. Then only having 10 men on the field. Those two plays, back to back, might have got Tom Landry fired, except they would never happen to a Tom Landry team. Those two plays right there were enough to tip the scales toward Wrecks being booted.

No, they are treating the organization like the clown show that it is. If the Bills want to shut them up, feel free to start winning, a playoff appearance would be a good start.

Free advice. Being a Bills fan is making you miserable, find another team. You come here day after day and are beyond negative. Don't do anyone any favors and stay a Bills fan.

Free advice. Being a Bills fan is making you miserable, find another team. You come here day after day and are beyond negative. Don't do anyone any favors and stay a Bills fan.

Thanks! I believe I'd rather just keep laughing at them instead. :)

Rex: I'm starting Tyrod

Terry: I ain't paying that motha!@#$a if he gets hurt

I think this is closer to the truth . . . And we can't enough. . . We're going have to face it we're addicted to love

Speaking of laughing at them, I just saw this on BZ and I haven't seen it posted here. :lol::worthy:

15871602_10211126033403829_5656762789191

That is sweet, thanks for the laugh

It would have caused a lot less fuss if Whaley had just called up Pegula and said "I'm sure it'll be asked in my Monday presser, can you either go on the record before then with an interview to the press, or else give me a couple reasons why you made the decision to fire Rex there and then instead of waiting until the end of season when we review everyone?"

Otherwise, it's certainly the media's job to ask questions, but they're acting as though it's news that Rex reported directly to Pegula, which is nonsense.

They're entitled to their opinion that it's strange Whaley didn't ask why and wasn't consulted beforehand.

makes sense. If Pegs interview takes place before the presser maybe the media could have prepared a different line of questioning?